Netflix Aaron Hernandez Documentary

JTJet

13 hours ago, JTJet said:

Anyone else watching this? 

As much as a lot of us Jets fans were basking in the downfall at first, and he became a funny meme for a long time...

This is a really good watch. 

For anyone without Netflix its on next Monday and Tuesday nights as a two part special on the ID network.

Looks good, I've got it set to record

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

For anyone without Netflix its on next Monday and Tuesday nights as a two part special on the ID network.

Looks good, I've got it set to record

Its a really good series. Was surprised how much I didn't actually know about how the investigations went down and his upbringing. 

After watching it, I genuinely feel like his life was destined to go sideways. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Its a really good series. Was surprised how much I didn't actually know about how the investigations went down and his upbringing. 

Thanks, looking forward to it, for getting the details that I probably missed at the time

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Alcoholic, abusive father who died early. Crazy mother. In the closet. Yeah, this guy wasn’t turning out okay.

• Upvote 1

On 1/16/2020 at 2:50 PM, PS17 said:

Alcoholic, abusive father who died early. Crazy mother. In the closet. Yeah, this guy wasn’t turning out okay.

On 1/16/2020 at 5:08 PM, Losmeister said:

Maybe if he got drafted to Minnesot and away from all those broke-ass fools he was running with....

Or if he wasn't a psycho POS who was the same way in Florida and in his home state.

Sometimes its on the murderer, not his friends

• Upvote 1

pass.  the last thing we need is another movie that portrays a really bad guy to be a victim.  okay his dad was an alky and his mom off the wall but there are tons of kids who have the same type of parents and they turn out well.  he had lots of time to make his life go right and he didn't.  good riddance.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Tragic all the way around.  Removing the Patriots and football aspects of this you had an extremely troubled individual enabled by money and people who said yes to him all the time.  Like Antonio Brown and many people in our everyday lives, he needed to be treated for mental health issues.  That's not an excuse, he is 100% to blame for his actions and the dude murdered several people because "he was disrespected", etc. but how nobody raised red flags about him is the alarming part.

In the end, we all know the truth...Bill Belichick is to blame. ;) 

He was a very heavy user of angel dust (PCP). That stuff will mess you up, paranoid beyond belief.

He needed a drug intervention.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

KOGH5HGH4QI6RKM7B7R2BOFUUI.jpg

Wouldn't trash Brady for anything having to do with Hernandez. I remember seeing where after the game, Brady and Tebow are talking about him (since Tebow went to same school as Hernandez), and they are concerned about him. All this, way before he the episode was revealed. Anybody ever see that?

8 hours ago, roscoeword said:

Wouldn't trash Brady for anything having to do with Hernandez. I remember seeing where after the game, Brady and Tebow are talking about him (since Tebow went to same school as Hernandez), and they are concerned about him. All this, way before he the episode was revealed. Anybody ever see that?

It’s in the documentary

brady says he’s looking after Hernandez and Spikes but they’re a handful

and Tebow goes yeah but they’re good guys 

• Upvote 1

Aaron's fiancee essentially chose Aaron over her own sister, whose boyfriend was killed by Aaron.  That's cold. 

I get loyalty "to your man".  Plus they had a kid together, complicating matters further.  But he had shown clear signs of being a sociopath and was a danger to his fiancee and the daughter.  Come on now. 

So many women were enamored with Aaron because he was "hot", long after he got arrested and convicted. Disgusting.  It's no surprise there are a lot of psycho women out there who send marriage proposals to murderers.  Even "normal" women get enamored by these monsters.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Charming when a bunch of Bostonians/New Englanders were chanting "Innocent!  Innocent!" as a van with Hernandez went by.  Losers with too much time on their hands defending a clear sociopath. 

It wasnt clear when all of it was going down. Only after the fact. 

Let's not kid ourselves, we would all be doing the same thing if it was one of our players in that van. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTJet said:

It wasnt clear when all of it was going down. Only after the fact. 

Let's not kid ourselves, we would all be doing the same thing if it was one of our players in that van. 

No, because they did it again later.  A bunch of chicks yelling "We love you!!!"  And in response, a dude nearby is overheard saying "You love a murderer?"

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i dont anything about "blaming CTE" but dude had it...   that is undeniable and its also undeniable that it affects behavior and mood and if yoiu dont understand that your just plain ignorant

Justin Strelzyk??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Strzelczyk#Death

There were some wires crossed way before football could have done any harm.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

Can't believe anyone would give this the time of day.

It's kind of fascinating to learn about how a murderer came about.  I've always wondered what % of a murder is "born" vs. "made".  And if they're mostly "made", at what point does it start moving in that direction for these guys? 

These kinds of case studies help shed some light on the topic. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's kind of fascinating to learn about how a murderer came about.  I've always wondered what % of a murder is "born" vs. "made".  And if they're mostly "made", at what point does it start moving in that direction for these guys? 

These kinds of case studies help shed some light on the topic. 

To me, he was clearly a Sociopath.  That wasn’t from Brain trama.

• Upvote 2