Im expecting a big time performance out of the offense today

JOJOTOWNSELL

1 hour ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Last time i checked the Jets were an NFL team too.

This is a debatable position.... And has been for more years than I care to recognize.

If we would focus the pass game through Herndon and Griffin we could hopefully open up some opportunities for our UDFA Wideouts and rookie RB and maybe be mildly competitive today.

Unfortunately Gase refuses to adjust his game plan .... Ever... No matter his personnel .... No matter the opponents personnel.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes, because Sam is so good throwing into triple coverage. 

We have 1 NFL caliber receiving threat dressed for this game and you think the #1 defense in the NFL is going to let him get open?

SAR I

The Colts D isn't as good as the stat show through two games, but we will probably make them look that good unless Chuma miraculously transformed himself and Josh Andrews isn't as bad as every other NFL team thinks he is.  Sam will face a tremendous pass rush up the middle and from the right.  The Colts will put 8 in the box to stop the run - The Colts D will have no less than 5 tackles behind the LOS - and again the pass rush will be fierce.   However, I do think the Jets D will play better today.    Colts 24 Jets 13.

11 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

This is a debatable position.... And has been for more years than I care to recognize.

If we would focus the pass game through Herndon and Griffin we could hopefully open up some opportunities for our UDFA Wideouts and rookie RB and maybe be mildly competitive today.

Unfortunately Gase refuses to adjust his game plan .... Ever... No matter his personnel .... No matter the opponents personnel.

You mean adjust the 3 and out game plan. You speak heresy.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Well, honestly I can't figure out why Darnold is slumping the way he has? In Darnold's first two seasons he always got better as the season progressed. That standard makes me think he's due to break out? However, Darnold hasn't had any running game to lean on or set up play action? Regardless of what you think of the Op's optimism, I think there is some truth to what he's saying? Maybe not this week, but he's certainly due to pick up his game.

4 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Sample size? The Colts had a few good weeks

The weren't a bad defense last year, THEN they added DeForest Buckner, Xavier Rhodes to play across from Kenny Moore (1 INT, 3 PDs so far in '20) and Rookie Safety Julian Blackmon.  

Darius Leonard is a stud and Justin Houston just keeps playing at an elite level (1.5 Sacks already this season).  

They're an elite defense, even after losing Malik Hooker.  Even if we were playing at full strength on offense, they'd destroy this Jets team.

I would love Sam to go rogue and just say F this and start lobbing it. What's gonna happen, he's gonna get benched for being insubordinate and winning a game over this shyte dink and dunk run it up the middle dog and pony show?  REBEL! He did it to Bates, I've seen it. Audible, and screw it.  Of course The Boot had Robby the Genius at the time, but so what. Show me something, anything, instead of making my guts feel like I ate a bowl of glass shards with sugar on top just to give it the appearance of looking more palatable as I'm shoveling it in to my death. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think you're looking at last year's ranking.  That's not accurate in 2020, by any metric.  Unless you meant "offensively"?

Right now, the Colts are number 8 on defense whilst the Jets are at number 22.   On offense, Indy is tied for 19 and the Jets are dead LAST.

https://www.lineups.com/nfl-team-rankings

• Upvote 1

There will be better games and worse games, but overall Gase is hopeless. The phrase “Superbowl winning head coach Adam Gase” will never be said about him. 

I’m hoping Darnold shows - outside of garbage time - some of what we thought we were getting when the team drafted him. These wishes about tanking for the next QB aside, the Jets are better off if the light goes on for him since he’s already here. He seems likable enough even if he is a bit of a mush so far, and I’d like him to be great — or even good, or even good enough.

Yes his situation here sucks, but saying no one else would be doing great here doesn’t mean everyone else would be doing as poorly. Hope that starts to turn around before we bank on just a last few games as being more indicative of the future than the many poorer games before them. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There will be better games and worse games, but overall Gase is hopeless. The phrase “Superbowl winning head coach Adam Gase” will never be said about him. 

I’m hoping Darnold shows - outside of garbage time - some of what we thought we were getting when the team drafted him. These wishes about tanking for the next QB aside, the Jets are better off if the light goes on for him since he’s already here. He seems likable enough even if he is a bit of a mush so far, and I’d like him to be great — or even good, or even good enough.

Yes his situation here sucks, but saying no one else would be doing great here doesn’t mean everyone else would be doing as poorly. Hope that starts to turn around before we bank on just a last few games as being more indicative of the future than the many poorer games before them. 

The problem is the Contract issues. He's in year 3. We've wasted the benefits of having your QB at a lower Cap hit for 4 years. 

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Well, honestly I can't figure out why Darnold is slumping the way he has? In Darnold's first two seasons he always got better as the season progressed. That standard makes me think he's due to break out? However, Darnold hasn't had any running game to lean on or set up play action? Regardless of what you think of the Op's optimism, I think there is some truth to what he's saying? Maybe not this week, but he's certainly due to pick up his game.

Beware the gambler's fallacy

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

I would love Sam to go rogue and just say F this and start lobbing it. What's gonna happen, he's gonna get benched for being subordinate and winning a game over this shyte dink and dunk run it up the middle dog and pony show?  REBEL! He did it to Bates, I've seen it. Audible, and screw it.  Of course The Boot had Robby the Genius at the time, but so what. Show me something, anything, instead of making my guts feel like I ate a bowl of glass shards with sugar on top just to give it the appearance of looking more palatable as I'm shoveling it in to my death. 

I hope so too. What’s the worst that can happen after being benched, gase gets rid of him like every other good player he didn’t get along with? He’d be doing him a huge favor. 

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

I would love Sam to go rogue and just say F this and start lobbing it. What's gonna happen, he's gonna get benched for being subordinate and winning a game over this shyte dink and dunk run it up the middle dog and pony show?  REBEL! He did it to Bates, I've seen it. Audible, and screw it.  Of course The Boot had Robby the Genius at the time, but so what. Show me something, anything, instead of making my guts feel like I ate a bowl of glass shards with sugar on top just to give it the appearance of looking more palatable as I'm shoveling it in to my death. 

I rather have him go to JD and CJ and say I have had enough with this loser and do not want to play for him. 

• Upvote 1