My observation on this boards threads

WowOhWow

Perhaps it's the fact that our team has sucked for so long and our only outlet is to insult each other (and the owners, the players, the GM, etc.) but it seems that every thread is now the same - OP makes a comment, someone offers a reasonable take...and then the usual suspects chime in to toss insults and take the thread down a rabbit hole of insults.

There's very little legit football talk.  

It's all focused on ownership sucking, gase sucking and hopelessness.

Like the product on the field the product on this board has degraded to the point where all everyone does is insult each other.

I guess there's nothing else to do with this team.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Perhaps it's the fact that our team has sucked for so long and our only outlet is to insult each other (and the owners, the players, the GM, etc.) but it seems that every thread is now the same - OP makes a comment, someone offers a reasonable take...and then the usual suspects chime in to toss insults and take the thread down a rabbit hole of insults.

Like the product on the field the product on this board has degraded to the point where all everyone does is insult each other.

The board divides into factions and devolves into self-reinforcing groupthink and brown-shirting the opposition for sure.

But sometimes it’s fun.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

What is  a reasonable take? 

As for down right insults?  In many, not all but many, cases the insults are well earned.

Isn't the point of all those kinds of threads to improve site traffic?  I mean, polls like "Do you think the Jets totally screwed up by --------." Mehta links being posted here all the time. 

"Jamal Adam's did this.  Jamal did that."  Okay.  I'm game.  I can complain too. Got enough reason to be this year.  Jets fans -- angrily together online.  As zesty as senior citizens addictwd to daytime marathons of Matlock and Diagnosis:Murder. 

You got to go with what works!

3 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Why-are-you-here-GIF.gif

• Upvote 1

Well, I for one am completely focused on how much the ownership sucks, the incredible incompetence of Gase, and the hopelessness this combination has caused us. Aside from that,  we're doing great, and the board is a totally healthy, normal outlet for the abuse the fans have taken for a solid decade now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Wow. Oh. Wow.

37 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Don't blame the fans.  We are victims and hate it.  We want to talk about football and playoffs, etc. but Jet management have made it impossible to do so.  This team has stunk so long, how can you be positive.  

Yup...

The rare times the Jets are good there is a lot of football talk - still fighting, but lots of actual football discussion.

Right now this is the worst team in the league and really not a professional caliber team.  Football really isn't a worthy discussion....How to build a team is and that's what the discussions are mostly about right no.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

tenor.gif

• Haha 3