The most important thing I want in a new coach

hmhertz

Is not that he is a disciplinarian or a great play caller. It is that he makes the players BETTER. Player development is the most important part of coaching,

The one fact all the numb nuts we hire, is that none of the guys we add improve. Look at all our players added by the draft, free agency and trade,

in a year or two after obtaining them, the vast majority of fans have wished we never had them. Another requirement I desire in a new coach is success

in multiple places. Urban Meyers has recently stated that when he sought to hire anew coordinator, the ability that was upmost in his mind was the candidates excellent history of player development. My top two choices as the next Jets Head Coach, Urban Meyers or Joe Barry

• Upvote 2

Having a "system" that requires a certain type of player is not how the NFL really works anymore.  You need a HC and Coordinators who can adapt to the players they have and put them in the best possible position to succeed.  

I can't see Urban Meyer coming to the Jets, it just doesnt seem like the type of thing he would want to do.  As for Joe Barry - im assuming you mean Joe Brady in carolina?

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Having a "system" that requires a certain type of player is not how the NFL really works anymore.  You need a HC and Coordinators who can adapt to the players they have and put them in the best possible position to succeed.  

I can't see Urban Meyer coming to the Jets, it just doesnt seem like the type of thing he would want to do.  As for Joe Barry - im assuming you mean Joe Brady in carolina?

Maybe it’s Joe Barry Carroll who used to play center at Purdue and several NBA teams.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

Maybe it’s Joe Barry Carroll who used to play center at Purdue and several NBA teams.

Lol from when I used to follow the NBA. 1980 the Celts traded the # one pick to the Warriors for Robert Parish and the #3 pick. The Warriors wind up with lazy Joe Barry Carroll and the Celts get Robert Parish and Kevin McHale at #3.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I love the idea of Joe Brady as a play caller   but it takes a certain kind of person to be a solid head coach. As I mentioned in the other thread, I’m almost fine with the gamble on him. I think really highly of the creativity and consistency in his play calling

What intrigues me the path of his players careers vastly improved when he became their coach

10 hours ago, Lil Bit Special said:

Is not batsh*t crazy, or a statue on the sideline or a foot sniffer.

That moment when you realize the ugly girl you think you are doing a favor to by taking her to prom thinks she’s doing you the favor.

• Haha 2

I want a girlfriend that looks like Monica Bellucci in her prime:

Its never gonna happen. Because girls like her...are about as rare as good football coaches. 

Quality is...rare.

Like anywhere in life, there's only a handful of good coaches in professional football, and most are either taken...or have no desire to coach the Jets. 

This is why the fan-base is still reminiscing about Rex ryan.

Rex ryan...was the gwyneth paltrow of football coaches:

image.jpg

• Upvote 1