Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

3 minutes ago, QB1 said:

"Late to the party" they interviewed Daboll yesterday and still have other guys on their list to interview 

Theyre done with their first round of interviews.  Daboll was Sunday I thought.  They most likely only will call one or two in for a 2nd interview.  Whats youre argument, doubtful at this point that the Jets stop in their tracks for Pederson.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Saleh and Daboll are probably tied atop the coordinators list, so this makes sense to me.

I feel like it's going to come down to Saleh, Staley, and Brady for us

Take Brady out and add Daboll if its three for me.  Bradys a fantasy, but one year as a college OC and one in the NFL isnt really enough, theres so much more to being a HC than having run a nice offense.  Hes really young with little experience, too risky imo

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Theyre done with their first round of interviews.  Daboll was Sunday I thought.  They most likely only will call one or two in for a 2nd interview.  Whats youre argument, doubtful at this point that the Jets stop in their tracks for Pederson.  

my argument is simply that interviewing pederson is not stopping in their tracks at all, its just continuing the same process they've been on 

Just now, QB1 said:

my argument is simply that interviewing pederson is not stopping in their tracks at all, its just continuing the same process they've been on 

Of course it does.  

If you're almost done and time is of the essense.   Or you just dont want him.  There is that possibility.  Or hes not interested in coaching.  Whatever, if hes not interviewed its because of one of the last two  

42 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.png.42802113d7077199c53380ca64ce5fd5.png

Rumors are Saleh would bring Kafka in to run the offense. Sounds like a dream team coaching staff could be in the process of being built together by Douglas 

Kafka has been my main target since beginning of the season! Bieniemy not getting a HC job will mean he stays OC and Kafka is likely out ????

• Upvote 4

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Kafka has been my main target since beginning of the season! Bieniemy not getting a HC job will mean he stays OC and Kafka is likely out ????

Unless Reid promotes him to asst head coach/qb coach or some crap. Also if Kafka is the real deal we will lose him in a year, maybe 2 max

I would not object to this.

Now....the only question I have is - is he really the front runner?  Or are the other 2nd interview candidates just not available to come in for an in person visit because their teams have not been eliminated.

If he is the front runner and JDs guy....he needs to wrap this up today.

24 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I feel like it's going to come down to Saleh, Staley, and Brady for us

Exactly my thoughts too. I would be happy with any of those guys. with a slight preference for Staley - would have to wait until the Rams are out of the playoffs to bring him in for a 2nd interview though, and the Jets might not want to wait.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If were going with a DC we might as well interview Staley with the Rams.  Why hire the 2nd best DC in the division?

Because its more than having the top defense, its being a viable HC and possessing the qualities of a HC not just having a top defense?

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1