Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s because the “other guy in the room” was Maccagnan.  So CJ did know more than the other guy.  

Don’t fear being wrong. You took a swing based on legitimate info; and apparently it’s what is being heard around the league. Kudos to you, regardless of what happens. 

According to Ian Rapoport and Peter Schrager, Saleh arrived last night and met with some of the people from the Jets organization and is now meeting with Christopher Johnson this morning.  He wil

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, KRL said:

Articulate and from the interview Shanahan made all the coaches dial into other aspects

of the team.  Which is a "CEO trait", being aware of everything even though you aren't responsible

for it

Good interview. The contrast is remarkable between 49ers reporters and our Jets reporters. How nice it must be to have reporters who asked real football questions rather than act like they're interviewing characters from a soap opera

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If were going with a DC we might as well interview Staley with the Rams.  Why hire the 2nd best DC in the division?

I like Staley as an option too, but I'd argue that the talent gap is wide on the Rams versus 49ers this year. They basically got their first round  d-linemen (Bosa, Thomas) knocked out against our game and they still went out and finished in the top 5 for yards allowed. That's impressive to me.

• Upvote 3
27 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Kafka has been my main target since beginning of the season! Bieniemy not getting a HC job will mean he stays OC and Kafka is likely out 🤞🏻🤞🏻

They could also promote Kafka to keep him 

22 minutes ago, freestater said:

This would definitely be a bold hire from JD. Hitching his wagon to a high-upside yet unproven commodity. This is a career defining decision. 

Yeah, really not his style. Maybe if Saleh was retired it would make it more a JD move. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I shave my head daily so I'm happy for a bald brother if he gets it.

I'm in the same boat as you, "baldies unite"

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.png.42802113d7077199c53380ca64ce5fd5.png

Rumors are Saleh would bring Kafka in to run the offense. Sounds like a dream team coaching staff could be in the process of being built together by Douglas 

This is all too good to be true.

No way we land Saleh.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Integrity28 said:

Oh, was there someone specific in they tread that your tear-filled whelping was meant for?

I mean, I was directly replying to someone's comment correct? 

Just now, JTJet said:

I mean, I was directly replying to someone's comment correct? 

So, yes. And how did that person react to your whelping, post-hissy fit excuse making? Was it satisfactory?

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, football guy said:

You guys missed the most important part: apparently the Jets got their wish and will be meeting finalists in-person 

What do they do with the guys in the playoffs?

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, was there someone specific in they tread that your tear-filled whelping was meant for?

Himself?

• Haha 1
Just now, Integrity28 said:

So, yes. And how did that person react to your whelping, post-hissy fit excuse making? Was it satisfactory?

Never made an excuse once, even apologized well before this news to @football guy

So maybe check your pseudo-alpha aggression at the door? 

4 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

What do they do with the guys in the playoffs?

Zoom-zoom

Or wait until after the playoffs and risk losing someone who can be brought in

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

So people love Kafka but question Bieniemy?? 

Because he groomed Mahomes up close and personal?

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because its more than having the top defense, its being a viable HC and possessing the qualities of a HC not just having a top defense?

He's never been a HC anywhere.  

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He sure looks lie Vin Diesel that is for sure.  As much as Mike Tomlin looks like Omar Epps

Then JD is the prospective hungry customer a Burger King Whopper commercial with a dialog box graphic that reads (YUM!)  Not an extra from The Replacements.

• Upvote 1