Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

59 minutes ago, Dcat said:

That's neither here nor there and largely just a personality thing.  It might actually float some players' boats and be a good thing.  I'm more interested in what kind of coach he could be.  His animation on the sidelines is secondary although having a head coach stand on the sidelines like a cigar-store native American (Bowles) or sit in a corner in total isolation and study his play chart (Gase) was NOT a good thing either.

Why is this sh*t still allowed to be said here?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, KRL said:

Articulate and from the interview Shanahan made all the coaches dial into other aspects

of the team.  Which is a "CEO trait", being aware of everything even though you aren't responsible

for it

Good interview. The contrast is remarkable between 49ers reporters and our Jets reporters. How nice it must be to have reporters who asked real football questions rather than act like they're interviewing characters from a soap opera

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If were going with a DC we might as well interview Staley with the Rams.  Why hire the 2nd best DC in the division?

I like Staley as an option too, but I'd argue that the talent gap is wide on the Rams versus 49ers this year. They basically got their first round  d-linemen (Bosa, Thomas) knocked out against our game and they still went out and finished in the top 5 for yards allowed. That's impressive to me.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He sure looks lie Vin Diesel that is for sure.  As much as Mike Tomlin looks like Omar Epps

Then JD is the prospective hungry customer a Burger King Whopper commercial with a dialog box graphic that reads (YUM!)  Not an extra from The Replacements.

• Upvote 1