Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

sjm-saleh.jpg?w=640&key=525a3ddbf947a77fde2d950cccb7e334800ed194ac0371ffa7d30d598f8a3b96
If you like the rah-rah emotional sideline prancer, the Pete Carroll 1994 type, he's your man.
Updated List:
Pederson:  Yes
Daboll:  Yes
Brady:  Yes
Saleh:  Yes
Glenn:  Yes
---------
Bienemy:  NO
Lewis:  NO
Mullen:  NO
Martindale:  NO
---------
Graham:  Declined
Harbaugh:  Declined
Campbell:  Declined
SAR I
I can't believe it .. but I am liking your list.

Where are the college coaches ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'm glad JD is gonna pick his guy instead of a guy who just got fired he used to work with.

I like the part where you left out the whole winning a Super Bowl over the Patriots with Nick Foles as his QB. Definitely easier to win an argument when you leave out critical facts that don't support your story. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

sjm-saleh.jpg?w=640

If you like the rah-rah emotional sideline prancer, the Pete Carroll 1994 type, he's your man.

Updated List:

---------
---------

SAR I

I like a guy who isnt a loser.

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

sjm-saleh.jpg?w=640

Updated List:

---------
---------

SAR I

Lmao...he reminds me of this guy...

52BEFA77-26F5-441D-8921-44A9CA106FC0.jpeg

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

This is my guy . I would settle on Aaron Glenn..just have a hunch Glenn could be a good coach . I hope it’s one of these 2 . Yes I know everyone’s chasing the next offensive genius , but I still feel especially in the Northeast we can’t just hang our hat on that , there’s still a place for a coach to bring a defense first culture . 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.png.42802113d7077199c53380ca64ce5fd5.png

Rumors are Saleh would bring Kafka in to run the offense. Sounds like a dream team coaching staff could be in the process of being built together by Douglas 

That would be a nice combo, but if  Bienemy moves on I would think Kafka would take over the offense in KC.   Maybe he wants to get out from under Reid’s shadow (and that’s a very large shadow).

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

That's neither here nor there and largely just a personality thing.  It might actually float some players' boats and be a good thing.  I'm more interested in what kind of coach he could be.  His animation on the sidelines is secondary although having a head coach stand on the sidelines like a cigar-store native American (Bowles) or sit in a corner in total isolation and study his play chart (Gase) was NOT a good thing either.

Agreed. After all, Cowher did pretty well.?

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That would be a nice combo, but if  Bienemy moves on I would think Kafka would take over the offense in KC.   Maybe he wants to get out from under Reid’s shadow (and that’s a very large shadow).

Everyone likes a challenge 

In JD I Trust. (Do I have any other choice?) Regardless, I am sure JD is doing a deep dive on the candidates as far as how they are viewed by other assistants, their HC and players.  I am confident that whoever JD chooses will have the necessary people and management skills. What I am curious about is football philosophy? Heavy on analytics? Does the candidate feel you win by playing mistake free football while capitalizing on the opponents mistakes? Or, does he feel that you win by dictating and forcing the action? This is by far what I am most interested in because it will dictate who the Jets become and what we are rooting for.

I think it is interesting that JD comes from 2 diverse teams philosophy-wise. Ravens have always been strong D and run heavy but not averse to occasional risk-taking. The Eagles were not only OK with risk-taking, they embraced it as a way of life. 

• Post of the Week 1