Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

4 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

You would rather have Marvin "I can't and won't ever win a playoff game" Lewis??

If you want to hire a guy that's going to learn on the job, I'd rather be early on Joe Brady - who nailed his interview apparently. I'd rather be set with a consistent offensive philosophy(even if Brady doesn't call the plays, whoever the OC is will be running his offense) rather than trying to import OCs every 2-3 years

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jolot said:

This is my guy . I would settle on Aaron Glenn..just have a hunch Glenn could be a good coach . I hope it’s one of these 2 . Yes I know everyone’s chasing the next offensive genius , but I still feel especially in the Northeast we can’t just hang our hat on that , there’s still a place for a coach to bring a defense first culture . 

Glenn......DC. Nice!!!

I hate when a post disappears. 

Rewritten: 

There’s speculation Staley will hesitate on leaving LAR this offseason and may not take a job even if offered. Don’t know how legitimate this is or if it’s just agency posturing, but bears watching. I would think he’d be a finalist otherwise. 

Detroit is looking for a diplomat, and Saleh does not fit that billing. He comes off as aloof when dealing with non-football types, which could explain why his interview was a turnoff. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

sjm-saleh.jpg?w=640

If you like the rah-rah emotional sideline prancer, the Pete Carroll 1994 type, he's your man.

Updated List:

Pederson:  Yes
Daboll:  Yes
Brady:  Yes
Saleh:  Yes
Glenn:  Yes
---------
Bienemy:  NO
Lewis:  NO
Mullen:  NO
Martindale:  NO
---------
Graham:  Declined
Harbaugh:  Declined
Campbell:  Declined

SAR I

i do like the emotional coach. i feel they are the best motivators. 

i like your list

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Just a tiny bit of food for thought IF Saleh somehow becomes the next Jets HC.  One of his first tasks after assembling a staff will be to work with JD on the approach at QB, whether to keep Darnold, take someone at #2, etc.  Let's remember that Saleh defended against Sam Darnold in Week 2 vs. the 49ers, a 31-13 victory for SF.  Here is how Sam did...

869961288_ScreenShot2021-01-12at9_19_41AM.png.26690e2537640faedec0818585d4afe4.png

The positive here isn't that Sam played bad or played well.  It is that Saleh had a firsthand look at Darnold, prepared for a week for the Jets O, stood on the sideline with a front row seat to see how Darnold played.  Whether that would help or hurt Darnold I have no idea, but it will help the Jets in their decision-making and that's the most important thing.

I'm with ya on this

CTJetsFan

• 2nd Year Veteran
  •  
  • Members
  • 1,736 posts

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but Saleh can give JD a real good outside view/assessment of Darnold since we did play the 49ers and Saleh had to design a defensive game plan against him this year.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

Detroit is looking for a diplomat, and Saleh does not fit that billing. He comes off as aloof when dealing with non-football types, which could explain why his interview was a turnoff. 

Or why his interview with Douglas went well and was a turn on. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

As far as I am concerned, bringing him in as the "First in person second round interview" means it's his job to lose, is this assessment correct? Yes or no?

It's a reasonable assumption but some of the coaches we might like as much are still in the playoffs and we can't bring them in yet like Staley and Daboll and Bieniemy and Glenn

At a minimum it would suggest that maybe they are not so high on Eberfluss

6 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

As far as I am concerned, bringing him in as the "First in person second round interview" means it's his job to lose, is this assessment correct? Yes or no?

Could just be a scheduling thing.  Reports of additional 2nd interviews are possible. We'll see

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

Rewritten: 

There’s speculation Staley will hesitate on leaving LAR this offseason and may not take a job even if offered. Don’t know how legitimate this is or if it’s just agency posturing, but bears watching. I would think he’d be a finalist otherwise. 

Diplomat between who?

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Could just be a scheduling thing.  Reports of additional 2nd interviews are possible. We'll see

While Vacciano reported that they'll bring one or two, maybe for a 2nd interview.  

Theyre all speculating.  With COVID who knows how many are being brought in for 2nd interviews given we dont know how in depth they were able to go on zoom calls

17 minutes ago, football guy said:

Rewritten: 

Speilman didn't interview him then? If true, tells you all you really need to know why the Lions are the Lions.

• Upvote 1