23rd pick. Who dat.

Wonderboy

We are picking 23 with Seattle’s pick. So who will be there for the taking. Let’s narrow it down shall we. Obviously there will be numerous prospects that will definitely go by the time we pick. But I’m looking for those prospects that fall between the cracks. Let’s eliminate the obvious and look at those possibilities that will be there. Personally, I don’t want to go OL here since it’s a deep draft for OL. WR is definitely in play as is CB and edge. That’s what I would target at 23 and 34. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

We are picking 23 with Seattle’s pick. So who will be there for the taking. Let’s narrow it down shall we. Obviously there will be numerous prospects that will definitely go by the time we pick. But I’m looking for those prospects that fall between the cracks. Let’s eliminate the obvious and look at those possibilities that C will be there. Personally, I don’t want to go OL here since it’s a deep draft for OL. WR is definitely in play as is CB and edge. That’s what I would target at 23 and 34. 

I see some mocks with Jets taking at #23 WR Rashod Bateman.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

The jets shave massive holes all over the team so we could take any position, including QB.

The only no go's for me would be ILB and Safety

I would for sure take an olineman if the right one was there.

It will be a good pick to see what possible elite blue chip position of need i.e WR, Edge OLB, G, OT, CB fall there and we have the luxury of truly taking BAP out of those position groups since we need a top prospect at any of those positions. I left out C since we really have bigger needs at the positions I mentioned this is assuming we use #2 pick on a QB.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The jets shave massive holes all over the team so we could take any position, including QB.

The only no go's for me would be ILB and Safety

I would for sure take an olineman if the right one was there.

I wouldn't touch DT either (Barmore) obviously.

I agree there seems to be a LOT of depth at CB and C in particular.  There will be a high-talent CB available at #34 and there seem to be Centers even at #66 who would be solid prospects to start.

So that leaves OT/OG, WR, RB, Edge and possibly TE (assuming we either deal with QB at #2 or not at all).

Alijah Vera-Tucker is an OT who will project to OG and looks like a great upgrade.  If we don't bring in Thuney or Scherff then he would have to be a strong candidate there.

I love Najee Harris.  I'm fine with him at #23.

Also fine with Ojulari or Phillips (assuming Rousseau doesn't fall this far).

Definitely going to be some starter-level talent there.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A qbs best friend is a running game.  With the Jets having 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds, they can afford to grab a rb a bit early.  Id take najae harris at 23.

The problem is I think the dolphins will take him a few picks b4 us.

He helps in the run game.

He also has shown really nice hands, and nothing helps a young QB more than easy throws to the running back or tight end. 

• Haha 1

All this draft talk and not much about Free Agency. When we do have that talk it's about signing 3 players and filling out the rest of the roster via draft. I predict for us to have a big spending FA. Douglas did it the other way and failed miserably. On paper, I expect for there to be only a handful of holes on the team come draft day. We should definitely look for upside.

At 23:

CB, Jaycee Horn

ILB/OLB, Zaven Collins

DE, Gregory Rousseau

OLB Joesph Ossai

RB Najee Harris

I feel guys like Wyatt Davis (G), Rondale Moore (WR), Josh Myers (C) and Terrance Marshall (WR) are second rounders. Looking at my list above the latter part of the 1st is more defensive heavy. 

43 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

We are picking 23 with Seattle’s pick. So who will be there for the taking. Let’s narrow it down shall we. Obviously there will be numerous prospects that will definitely go by the time we pick. But I’m looking for those prospects that fall between the cracks. Let’s eliminate the obvious and look at those possibilities that C will be there. Personally, I don’t want to go OL here since it’s a deep draft for OL. WR is definitely in play as is CB and edge. That’s what I would target at 23 and 34. 

If Waddle is there... You have to take him... He is better then Devonte Smith... 

10 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

All this draft talk and not much about Free Agency. When we do have that talk it's about signing 3 players and filling out the rest of the roster via draft. I predict for us to have a big spending FA. Douglas did it the other way and failed miserably. On paper, I expect for there to be only a handful of holes on the team come draft day. We should definitely look for upside.

At 23:

CB, Jaycee Horn

ILB/OLB, Zaven Collins

DE, Gregory Rousseau

OLB Joesph Ossai

RB Najee Harris

I feel guys like Wyatt Davis (G), Rondale Moore (WR), Josh Myers (C) and Terrance Marshall (WR) are second rounders. Looking at my list above the latter part of the 1st is more defensive heavy. 

Fully agree. I’ll add that i want najee but think it’s more likely a pass rusher is available here

29 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I wouldn't touch DT either (Barmore) obviously.

I agree there seems to be a LOT of depth at CB and C in particular.  There will be a high-talent CB available at #34 and there seem to be Centers even at #66 who would be solid prospects to start.

So that leaves OT/OG, WR, RB, Edge and possibly TE (assuming we either deal with QB at #2 or not at all).

Alijah Vera-Tucker is an OT who will project to OG and looks like a great upgrade.  If we don't bring in Thuney or Scherff then he would have to be a strong candidate there.

I love Najee Harris.  I'm fine with him at #23.

Also fine with Ojulari or Phillips (assuming Rousseau doesn't fall this far).

Definitely going to be some starter-level talent there.

I don't want them to draft Barmore, but man, it's entertaining to watch a big guy like him zoom around as fast as he does.

• Upvote 1

If the best C in the draft is there (Creed?), then take him.  I'm fine, though, if they wait for the early 2nd to pick a C (Myers?).  Let's draft a potential great C, not just a decent one.  One that can be a true captain of the OL.

Move McGovern to RG, and they've improved two spots on the OL with one pick.

• Upvote 1