Deshaunapolooza ****Official Deshaun Watson Speculation Megathread**** (Merged eleventy bajillion times)

Rhg1084

32 minutes ago, slats said:

I continue to find it hard to believe that Watson would prefer to join a 2-14 team with the added pleasure of paying NJ income tax. 

The NJ income tax matters but I don't think it's as big of a deal as I've heard some people make it out to be. Cause if that were the case, we'd lose out all the time to teams in Florida and Texas on players. There's advantages and disadvantages to playing anywhere.

Players around the league talk, he might just feel like the Douglas/Saleh pairing is setup for success. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, BigB said:

Texans in a tight spot, I would give them pick #23, 1st round pick next year and Sam Darnold. Take it or leave it.

If they're getting the #2 pick they're taking a QB. I think Darnold will be moved to New Orleans. 

57 minutes ago, slats said:

I continue to find it hard to believe that Watson would prefer to join a 2-14 team with the added pleasure of paying NJ income tax. 

I mean cmon - when you’re making 35 million a year does it really matter?  He’d make up any loss income from taxes on being a NY Jet through ad signings. 

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Why?

Because Wilson will be on a rookie contract and is predicted to be a perfect fit for Shanahans system.

So --- Watson + two(possibly 3)  first round picks + $100million

or

Wilson + two to three more 1st round picks and Way less $$$$

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

Just now, BigRy56 said:

If the Dolphins are out then there’s literally only us standing there for this guy. Douglas is going to fleece Houston

I would be more than happy with Watson for a 2nd round pick. Period ... and we absorb his silly cotnract.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Because Wilson will be on a rookie contract and is predicted to be a perfect fit for Shanahans system.

So --- Watson + two(possibly 3)  first round picks + $60million

or

So now that you’ve given us YOUR reasons...have you gotten any inside info on what the Jets brass thinks?

links?

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

So --- Watson + two(possibly 3)  first round picks + $60million

or

I think it’s fair to bring up the value of rookie quarterback contracts combined with the sheer volume of draft picks we can throw at this rebuild.

It’s also fair mention that all of that is speculative and based on potential. 

Watson is already a proven, star quarterback.

The Jeremiah trade package is fair for both sides and only leaves us without a first rounder in 2023.  

• Upvote 2