2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Glad you asked for clarification, Mr. Three. You would be incorrect in your inquisition. I am in fact comparing Jarrad Davis, our newest signing (only signing) with that of our previous tiny linebacker. No, not Darron Lee, but Jamal Scissoring Anthony Barr Adams. 

wait so you are comparing him to a guy not named jamal, but barr, when you said jamal? lol Im must have misread or interpreted your meaning, I still dont get it. 

I do know this from my very short and informal search for information about this guy that is entirely based on reading tweets...Jarrad4 life Davis is a scheme fit for our new HC. 

doesnt it just sound good to hear that, we picked up a guy to help our HC.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We gave $7mm to a guy that only got limited snaps in Detroit?

Seems to be a trend with JD -  Paying other teams back-ups to be our starters.  Strange.

People spinning it as "but he had limited snaps.. with more he will be Frost Flakes level Greeeeeat!" Umm, he got limited snaps because he sucks. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

We heard last night the Jets were expected to “make waves” in free agency, and they’re starting to heat up their activity. They’ve agreed to terms with free agent linebacker Jarrad Davis, a source told Ian Rapoport of NFL Network (Twitter link).

they're starting to heat up? There's like 3 free agents left!

• Haha 2

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

I was never as interested in Thuney as a lot of people.  The fact that he went to the Chiefs also tells me that being the highest bidder wasn't good enough.  Not saying the Jets were, but I'd be shocked if the Chiefs were his richest offer.

5 yrs/80m I'd say they were. No way JD was offering that. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

He overpaid a nobody. You won't be so hype when the season gets rolling and our backers are softer than Charmin two ply. 

Anyone that can be cut after 1 year is not overpaid.  Winning games is not the goal this year.  You are going to have to let your dreams of a 7-9 season and be stuck in mediocrity go.

• Upvote 1

The Jets are giving him a one-year deal for $7MM, Rapoport reports. New Jets coach Robert Saleh will be installing a 4-3 defense, and Davis fits nicely as a 4-3 outside linebacker. The 21st overall pick of the 2017 draft by the Lions, Davis didn’t quite pan out in Detroit. He certainly wasn’t terrible but didn’t live up to his draft status, and the Lions declined his fifth-year option last offseason, making him a free agent now.

All told, he started 45 games across his four years in Detroit. After starting at least 11 games in each of his first three pro seasons Matt Patricia curtailed his role sharply in 2020, as he only started four times and played just below 30 percent of the defensive snaps.

His most productive year was in 2018, when he started all 16 games and finished with 100 tackles, six sacks, and five passes defended.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

I was about to copy and paste our list of first round draft picks that are all now sitting on their plastic covered sofas eating Ring Dings by the box on Sundays all while still in their twenties, but that would be spiteful. I hear what you're saying. 

Any list of Jets draft picks is sure to attract flies, my friend.

The Ravens just let Matt Judon walk to the Patriots, but they’re retaining a different linebacker. Baltimore has re-signed Chris Board to a one-year deal, a source told Tom Pelissero of NFL Network (Twitter link).

The deal is worth “up to” $2.68MM, and Board will be getting over $1.6MM guaranteed to sign. As Pelissero refers to, the team didn’t tender Board as a restricted free agent but now he’ll actually have the opportunity to make a little more than he would’ve under a tender.