2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

16 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

First round pedrigree

2 things of note:

1) None of the twitter insiders said anything about this. Jets are running a tight ship.

2) Douglas betting on another uber athlete:

"Jarrad Davis' Pro Day numbers:

38.5 inch vertical
10'9" broad jump
4.56 Forty Yard time"

Douglas certainly has a type

• Upvote 2

Just now, IndianaJet said:

Man...the Chiefs are really kicking the can down the road with these restructures and now Thuney.  They better pray the new TV deals work out and the cap increases significantly.

Getting embarrassed in the super bowl had to hurt really bad. I know I laughed hardily. They will sell their souls to get retribution. Its only a matter of time before their cap situation eats them alive. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

True. Who wants an All Pro when you can have the likes of Alex Lewis and Greg Von Roten. 

Calm down.  I've said all along I'd prefer Linsley to Thuney.   If you don't then great.  Not everyone has to fawn over the same pepe.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

Sigh. I was comparing Jarrad with Adams. I was mocking Jamal for being a linebacker. And I was also saying FU to Anthony Barr since his bum name was talked about yesterday. Basically, I hate everyone that was once here and isn't anymore. 

Also, thank you for adopting "Jarrad4life". 

I mean.. I'd rather hear we picked up a playmaker to help our new HC. Like someone with more than ZERO POINT FIVE SACKS LAST SEASON. ZERO. POINT. FIVE. 0.5.  I ran to my fridge during a tv timeout and got 0.5 sacks by accident. 

ok so i was right originally

Well good news my friend is that guy with .05 sacks played much better when the scheme made use of his strengths, the Patricia effect is a very much lesser degree of the gase effect, rendering players talents useless in a system that crams what they do into a box that doesn't fit. Gase did this with much more veracity, but Patricia did make this guys suck no question. 

Salah and Joe think that putting him in a system that let him play to his strengths is great for us. And i think a great FA pick up, Getting a guy for less than he is worth. This guy literally is the definition of getting a player to help the HC.

Joe D 1 - FA 0 

• Upvote 3

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Calm down.  I've said all along I'd prefer Linsley to Thuney.   If you don't then great.  Not everyone has to fawn over the same pepe.

How will you feel when we don't get him either? Also, you know one is a guard and the other a center, right?

The Lions are moving on from one of their offensive line regulars from recent years. They opted to release Joe Dahl on Monday, per a team announcement.

A backup over the first three years of his career, Dahl became a primary starter during the 2019 season. Detroit opened last season with Dahl as one of its starting guards, but Dahl only stuck with the first unit in four games.

11 minutes ago, pointman said:

Sigh. I was comparing Jarrad with Adams. I was mocking Jamal for being a linebacker. And I was also saying FU to Anthony Barr since his bum name was talked about yesterday. Basically, I hate everyone that was once here and isn't anymore. 

Also, thank you for adopting "Jarrad4life". 

I mean.. I'd rather hear we picked up a playmaker to help our new HC. Like someone with more than ZERO POINT FIVE SACKS LAST SEASON. ZERO. POINT. FIVE. 0.5.  I ran to my fridge during a tv timeout and got 0.5 sacks by accident. 

oh someone else posted Jarrad 4 life I just copied it, hoping it will catch on. i thoguth it was pretty good too

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Would be very disappoitning to lose out on both Thuney and Linsley.

Ok this will be a problem.

Forget all the jokes and witch sh*t... if you can't close on a need like Linsley for team that had an epically bad Oline last year - GTFO joe...

I've had with this stubborn crap... Macc did the same stupid things where he wasn't prepared to pay what needed to paid, would lose out on a valuable asset - then OVERCORRECT by bidding against himself with a guy like Tru.

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

ok so i was right originally

Well good news my friend is that guy with .05 sacks played much better when the scheme made use of his strengths, the Patricia effect is a very much lesser degree of the gase effect, rendering players talents useless in a system that crams what they do into a box that doesn't fit. Gase did this with much more veracity, but Patricia did make this guys suck no question. 

Salah and Joe think that putting him in a system that let him play to his strengths is great for us. And i think a great FA pick up, Getting a guy for less than he is worth. This guy literally is the definition of getting a player to help the HC.

Joe D 1 - FA 0 

I appreciate your optimism. I don't know how you do it. Honestly.. scheme or not. Dude isn't going to suddenly be some breakout player that transforms this D. He got limited snaps for a reason. He had 0.5 sacks for a reason. Don't get me wrong, I hope he is Aaron Maybin 2.0 but that specimen only happens once.