Report: Watson Would Approve Trade to Jets

JetNation

Joe Douglas

In the latest twist in the Deshaun Watson saga, ESPN is reporting that the Jets are among those teams Watson would be willing to go if traded.

BREAKING:

It's been confirmed by sources that Deshaun Watson would approve trades to the Jets, Dolphins, and Panthers.

— ESPNUpstate (@ESPNUpstate) February 22, 2021

From the time it was evident that he wanted out of Houston, fans have heard conflicting reports in regards to whether or not Watson, who has a no trade clause, would have the Jets on his list of desired locales as he would have to approve a deal due to his no-trade clause.

If the Jets were to make a run at Watson, the price tag may be the biggest stumbling block.  Some have suggested any deal would have to include three first-round picks, including this year’s number two overall, and defensive lineman Quinnen Williams.

Given Williams’ trajectory, one would have to assume the he could command multiple first-rounders via trade himself, so the value the Jets would be giving up could be unprecedented.

The post Report: Watson Would Approve Trade to Jets appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/ZbNrRYlSiY4

Click here to read the full story...

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Here we go again lol... Under no circumstances do I trade #2, the trade starts with all the Seattle picks acquired from the Adams trade, plus Darnold. If they want a 6th or 7th thrown in ok, but that is where I end the negotiations. If it has to be #2, then that's all they get, cause that pick for them can turn into 3 1sts from someone else.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We should take the opportunity to remind the Texans that regardless of what they learned in math class at school...

2 > 3

2 > 8

And QW > Two #1 picks

He's going nowhere!!

Carolina- McCaffrey = too expensive ..... Brian Burns = 9 sacks (drafted 2019)

Miami- Tua = repetitive if drafting QB at #3   Miami does have Jerome Baker (3 years exp) 7 sacks that could be traded. Also a couple of young CB.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We should take the opportunity to remind the Texans that regardless of what they learned in math class at school...

2 > 3

2 > 8

Yeah, I'm guessing they really want Wilson to replace Watson and therefore will need to deal with the jets. I think the Jets will ultimately be able to pull off a more reasonable deal than some on here think is possible....... Assuming they want Watson over Wilson(factoring in salary and comp)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Here we go again lol... Under no circumstances do I trade #2, the trade starts with all the Seattle picks acquired from the Adams trade, plus Darnold. If they want a 6th or 7th thrown in ok, but that is where I end the negotiations. If it has to be #2, then that's all they get, cause that pick for them can turn into 3 1sts from someone else.

Yea man thats never getting it done. Youre also being super cheap. So you offering the #2 and a random 6th for a fqb? The #2 can bust easily.

glad youre not the gm. Id give 2, 23, next years seattle 1st. Maybe even more,,,, but that should be enough

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

2 > 3

2 > 8

This. If they traded with Miami I would make sure I had the most intel I could to make sure I take the QB they were hoping to get at #3.  hahahaha 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

So jets trade the #2 to some other team for 3 1st rounders.  Then trade those 3 1st rounders for Watson?

Gonna get news like this all the to the draft.  I don't get why the Texans would trade with the Panthers.  Everyone saying they would include all their top players like CMC, Bridgewater and Anderson plus picks.  Texans need a rookie QB.  Best one not named Lawrence.  There's a reason why Panthers would be willing to trade the top RB in the league.  Franchise QB's don't come easy.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

3 1's and quinnen williams is a joke and i hope douglas doesnt do something like that

3 #1s for sure - just not Q. He's worth more than one #1 on his own if he keeps improving. If we ONLY give up 3 #1s, we'll have plenty of resources to build around Watson and the FA WRs will want to come here. If we have to give next years #2 or a pick we get for Sam, then so be it. We cannot allow Miami to get him. If we do, we'll be screwed for a decade. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Gonna get news like this all the to the draft.  I don't get why the Texans would trade with the Panthers.  Everyone saying they would include all their top players like CMC, Bridgewater and Anderson plus picks.  Texans need a rookie QB.  Best one not named Lawrence.  There's a reason why Panthers would be willing to trade the top RB in the league.  Franchise QB's don't come easy.

Nothing would surprise me after the Lions decided it was a good idea to rebuild around Jared Goff.

• Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yep.  Should the Texans do their deal with Carolina (which makes no sense, especially if McCaffrey is included) simply to get Watson out of the conference, their next call would be to Douglas to look into trading for the 2nd pick.  

Seems silly to include a middle man in all of this.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Well they say it comes in 3’s... Houston Astros lose out on Derek Cole when he signs with the Yankees...Houston Rockets trade James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets...Houston Texans trade Deshaun Watson to the NY Jets? New York with the trifecta! Get it done JD!

This 

• Upvote 1