Horrific thought about the niners trade up to three

Wit

Remember when the Jets traded up to make sure they had one of the top three qb prospects in the draft...this is exactly like this except the 49ers gave up more to move further. They are comfortable with three guys and will take their highest of those three available. I doubt it is epileptic fields though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

wait, you didnt talk bad of the GREAT Mangini did you?

oh god no....

you didnt speak bad of the sole architect of the great 2009, 2010 teams did you?

oh god no...

you didnt speak bad of the best coach since Parcells, did you? the one who runs circles around Rex with his zero playoff wins?

oh god no...

the Mangininites will be coming out in full force now to defend there god, this thread is going to explode...

LMFAO...

We can be friends. PM me when you’re in the Riviera Maya. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Why are the Niners the measuring sticky for all things sacred all of the sudden?  They caught lightning in a bottle one year and have had two 6-10 seasons and a 4-12 season under Shannahan.

Even if this scenario is true(which I doubt it is), who cares?  It's not like the Niners have been other worldly drafting under Lynch.  Have a few really nice picks/players, but all in all, relatively average.

Very true. Took Soloman Thomas #3, and traded a#2 for Jimmy G.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wit said:

They DID find out who the Jets were drafting, and only THEN felt comfortable trading up to three for.... fields. I don’t have the stomach for this. 

More or less everybody thought that they traded to three for Fields since the moment they made the trade.  There has been a bit of a smokescreen about Mac Jones but not all that believable, IMHO.

• Upvote 2

What if the Niners were ecstatic to find out that the idiot Jets took the bait on Zach Wilson and simply moved up to three to get the guy they’ve wanted all along? I keep hearing that Shanahan’s system is easy for a mobile, smart QB to thrive in, and Justin Fields is the smartest QB in this draft and runs a 4.4/40. They’re probably laughing their asses off right now.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

What if the Niners were ecstatic to find out that the idiot Jets took the bait on Zach Wilson and moved up to three to get the guy they’ve wanted all along? I keep hearing that Shanahan’s system is easy for a mobile, smart QB to thrive in, and Justin Fields is the smartest QB in this draft and runs a 4.4/40. They’re probably laughing their asses off right now.

WAIT, aren’t we running that system too?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's a generally accepted fact at this point that the Jets are drafting Wilson at #2

So sure, the 49ers might draft Fields.  Or Mac Jones.

We all know this, what is your sudden concern here?

That with history the Jets draft defense like Kyle Wilson...  kidding of course.  I’m with you.  Don’t give a hoot about SF.  If we do NOT draft Wilson or Lawrence, I will go be ballistic.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

They are not drafting Fields.  Most likely they are drafting Mac Jones with an outside chance of Trey Lance.

They probably think the Jets are taking Wilson but if the Jets don;t then SF will take Wilson.

Fields is not in the equation at all.

The only QB with better metrics than Lawrence is not in the equation at all.?

56 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

More or less everybody thought that they traded to three for Fields since the moment they made the trade.  There has been a bit of a smokescreen about Mac Jones but not all that believable, IMHO.

You can still get over 2 to 1 odds on Fan Duel on the Fields going #3.

Jones is a pretty heavy favorite, not that it means anything but an interesting point.

I think I'm going to put some money on Fields though.  Waiting to see if the odds go up a bit.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What if the Niners were ecstatic to find out that the idiot Jets took the bait on Zach Wilson and simply moved up to three to get the guy they’ve wanted all along? I keep hearing that Shanahan’s system is easy for a mobile, smart QB to thrive in, and Justin Fields is the smartest QB in this draft and runs a 4.4/40. They’re probably laughing their asses off right now.

Until JD throws them the 12-6 curve ball, Jets take Fields, and the Niners beg to trade out.?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You can still get over 2 to 1 odds on Fan Duel on the Fields going #3.

Jones is a pretty heavy favorite, not that it means anything but an interesting point.

I think I'm going to put some money on Fields though.  Waiting to see if the odds go up a bit.

If Lynch traded all that capital to take Mac Jones, he should be fired.

22 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

That with history the Jets draft defense like Kyle Wilson...  kidding of course.  I’m with you.  Don’t give a hoot about SF.  If we do NOT draft Wilson or Lawrence, I will go be ballistic.  

I'm quite sure we're doing the expected, drafting Wilson.

If we draft Fields instead, ok, sure.

If we draft Mac Jones instead, sure, whatever I suppose.

If we draft a Safety......

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, section314 said:

If Lynch traded all that capital to take Mac Jones, he should be fired.

I'm with you.  That was my first reaction for sure.  No way they traded up for Mac Jones..

But for the life of me I can't understand any benefit or value for the 49ers in sending up smoke screens.   They all but said they're taking Jones...but again, I'm with you - that's a big move for a player they could have likely gotten with a much lower trade.  I'm going to put some money on Fields, not a lot but I think it's a good bet, especially at 2 to 1.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Would SF take Lawrence if they could? If yes, why?

I'm not here to debate you about how good Fields is.  I am here to tell you that all indicators are that Sf is taking Jones or Lance.

You're welcome to rank the QBs in any order you wish, it does not mean it is going to match what happens int he draft.

• Upvote 1

On 4/25/2021 at 3:30 PM, St Louie Jet Fan said:

Its gonna play out like this

1. Jax    Wilson

2. NYJ    Lawrence

3. SF      Fields

Fields drops all the way to NE. And he busts big time. It's Belichick's* last gasp move to prove the other cheat (Brady*) wasn't the reason they stole SB's.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This, by the way, is what happens when you try and build a team through Defense in today's league. Yes, you can make a run - but it's a very small window.  Build a strong offense you're competitive for a decade.

Pete Carroll eff'd up big time with Jamal trade. He was trying to reclaim the Legion of Boom defense while ignoring the OL. This wasn't a great move by JD because only a desperate grasp by Carroll was the only good offer JD received for a slow and now injured SS.

Doesn't matter. JD has GOT to turn those picks into impact players at premium positions that support Wilson.

• Upvote 1

Why are the Niners the measuring sticky for all things sacred all of the sudden?  They caught lightning in a bottle one year and have had two 6-10 seasons and a 4-12 season under Shannahan.
Even if this scenario is true(which I doubt it is), who cares?  It's not like the Niners have been other worldly drafting under Lynch.  Have a few really nice picks/players, but all in all, relatively average.
I have been saying this and saying this....the all world "Shanahan system" everyone is so excited about hasn't really been all that successful with.....Shanahan.

Why are we trying so hard to copy them?

Sent from the NY Jets Draft Suicide Watch desk.

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

2 years without a starting QB, probably need that in there for some context. Gotta remember Shanahan took Matt Ryan to the SB too. It's a longer track record than just San Fran.

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

Pete Carroll eff'd up big time with Jamal trade. He was trying to reclaim the Legion of Boom defense while ignoring the OL. This wasn't a great move by JD because only a desperate grasp by Carroll was the only good offer JD received for a slow and now injured SS.

Doesn't matter. JD has GOT to turn those picks into impact players at premium positions that support Wilson.

If the Jets got just a first and a third it would have been a great trade. Seeing what we got from Seattle makes me think we definitely had at least a 1st and a 3rd on the table from other teams.

• Upvote 1