It Just Feels Different this time

Seems like the recent years (1998 recent LMFAO) have come unexpectedly. The only year I can remember any real success with expectation was 2010 and really if you think about it we under achieved based on regular season results 

but that being said I’m with you. I’m sorry scored with the direction of the franchise. Hopefully in translates 

• Upvote 1

It's too early to tell but I generally like just about everything about Douglas and Saleh and believe they are rowing in the same direction. Regardless of what happens with Wilson that gives me some level of faith that the organization is on the upswing.

Obviously it doesn't matter until we see the results on the field but I haven't felt this good about the Jets since early 2011.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah I know we all said the same thing 3 years ago with Darnold and before that with Sanchez, blah blah blah

But as a fan, even a glass half full plus a drop green eyed goggles Jets fan I have learned from those experiences and this one just seems completely different to me. In fact, I am going to be surprised if we do not contend for a playoff berth. Why?

1. Zach Wilson is a MUCH better prospect than Darnold. He has better tools, an amazing arm, more experience and a far greater work ethic than Sam

2. Zach is in a QB friendly offense. Sam suffered through Gase and Gailey wasn't exactly great. This offense made Mullens look good as a rookie and he isn't a third of the prospect Zach is

3. We actually have weapons on offense! Davis Mims Moore Crowder Cole is at minimum a Top 15 receiving corps in the NFL. if healthy. There are a lot of advanced stats that point to Davis being more of a unheralded #1 rather than a #2 and Moore and Mims also have #1 potential. And even Cole is arguably a decent #2 receiver and pretty strong #3. Michael Carter Johnson Coleman and Adams is a sneaky strong RB core. And I have high hopes for Yeboah. We also have a great defensive scheme that will allow players to play fast and we have a ton of speed. It also minimizes the effect of CB on defensive success.

4. We have a GM that believes in the OL, even though I do think he could have done even more

5. Our draft this year was amazing. Wilson AVT Moore and Carter because of how well they overhaul the offense are even better than their individual grades as they establish a core of our offense for at least 5 years

6. We have the first "CEO" type of head coach in Saleh and players seem to be really responding to him

7. We have a fairly easy schedule

So there it is. I have not been this unreservedly optimistic for a Jets team since 1999.

This is a great post and 100% correct.  Joe D needed to remove the stink from this franchise and getting rid of guys like Darnold, Gase, Addams etc did that.

This team has a shot at winning 8 or 9 games this year and finishing 2nd in the division.  They will make the playoffs and have a shot at winning the division in 2022 and will win the division and be a perennial super bowl contender starting in 2023.

We have finally done it jet fans.  Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah I know we all said the same thing 3 years ago with....

We (to some degree or another) say it every year, frankly. 

"This time it feels different" is literally a meme.

How it feels honestly doesn't matter.  How they do on the field is what matters.

• Upvote 1

I think the Jets are vastly improved on paper, and I am optimistic about Saleh, LaFleur, and their systems.  However, they are going to need to show me something on the field before I am ready to anoint them as anything more than a mediocre team at best.

The Jets have lost 16 of the past 32 games in the last two seasons by double digits.  Simply put, they haven't even been competitive in at least half their games.  Teams can turn things around quickly in today's NFL, but realistically speaking, it's likely not going to happen in one season.

In order for the Jets to make some noise this season, everything will need to come together perfectly: Wilson is the real deal and hits the ground running, the Jets first four picks in the draft are all solid day 1 contributors, Davis and Lawson rise up as big impact players, Mosely comes back as a dominant player after nearly two years out of the game, the team stays relatively healthy all season, etc.  It's not impossible, but there are alot of "ifs" that would all need to break in their favor.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We (to some degree or another) say it every year, frankly. 

"This time it feels different" is literally a meme.

How it feels honestly doesn't matter.  How they do on the field is what matters.

Last year’s debate was to tsnk or actually at least try to win but still lose 

• Haha 1

true enough things are looking up.  but i'm from missouri.  show me.  let's see what they do on the field before putting them in canton.  there are just too many changes at key positions to think they're going to be good right out of the box.  let's see where they are at the break.  imo that should be the first real indication they're on the upswing.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Seems like the recent years (1998 recent LMFAO) have come unexpectedly. The only year I can remember any real success with expectation was 2010 and really if you think about it we under achieved based on regular season results 

but that being said I’m with you. I’m sorry scored with the direction of the franchise. Hopefully in translates 

2002? Division Title, last home playoff game -- 41-0 mauling of Peyton and the Colts (ahhhh.... now I know why Peyton foisted Gase on the JEts)

4 hours ago, peebag said:

Sorry.

Been fooled too many times by this franchise.

I'll wait and see.

Always feels different until the games are played. Will feel a lot better with some Wilson bust insurance as QB2. Someone who we can at least get competent play from so other skill players can develop. It all hinges on Wilson so why not hedge that bet?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

is it possum to be both cynical and optimistic? i thought sanchez was the guy ( what a moron i was ) and i was sure darnold was the guy ( jury still out - we”ll know a lot more this season) so i can’t invest in zach at all until season gets underway- it all sounds good but until the bullets start flying.... and of course he’s the most critica piece - i’m bullish on saleh and leflour but after gase i’d be bullish on tomshane- so i guess the only real response i have is i’m guardedly hopeful and will get more psyched as the season approaches

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1

Feelings, nothing more than feelings
Trying to forget my feelings of love
Teardrops rolling down on my face
Trying to forget my feelings of love

Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it
I wish I've never met you, Jets
You'll never come again

Feelings, wo oh oh feelings
Wo oh oh, feel you again in my arms

Feelings, feelings like I've never lost you
And feelings like I've never have you again in my heart

Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it
I wish I've never met you, girl
You'll never come again

Feelings, feelings like I've never lost you
And feelings like I've…

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Same here. I like Wilson and I love what Douglas has done overall, but it always feels different until it feels the same.

Well the last time we started a shiny new QB it felt the same on his 1st play from scrimmage Week 1.  That was a very bad omen.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1