If the Jets sign Moses does Fant ask for a trade?

AFJF

Putting aside the "he can kick rocks, it's a business and he needs to accept his role...blah blah blah"

And not asking of the team will accommodate, but after signing with the Jets to be the starting left tackle last season, does he ask to be dealt if he goes from LT to RT to the bench/part-time player over the span of just over a year?

Not sure I'd blame him if he did because the guy obviously signed here to show he can play LT.  To be told you'll get that shot and then landing on the bench?  He'd have a legit gripe IMO.

I sure hope not. Fant is a serviceable player who imo improved as the season progressed. If they do sign Moses I would leave Fant at tackle and have Moses as the road grading guard. If this plays out we will have an above average bordering on top ten line  in the league 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Putting aside the "he can kick rocks, it's a business and he needs to accept his role...blah blah blah"

And not asking of the team will accommodate, but after signing with the Jets to be the starting left tackle last season, does he ask to be dealt if he goes from LT to RT to the bench/part-time player over the span of just over a year?

Not sure I'd blame him if he did because the guy obviously signed here to show he can play LT.  To be told you'll get that shot and then landing on the bench?  He'd have a legit gripe IMO.

Yeah I'm sure he's upset about the whole series of events.  Truth is he'll be being paid $8,500,000 to play swing T.  Don't think anyone else is gong to want to pay him that much.  He'll be angry, but he'll take the money.

• Upvote 2

No you gotta keep him. Make him the swing tackle and sub him in here and there. Becton is a monster but he's also overweight right now and missed time last year being banged up. Sign Moses, keep Fant and surround Wilson with the best players possible. He's also still gonna be getting $9mil which is more than fair 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Fant is so incredibly athletic for a RT, I could see him becoming a dominant pulling RG in the new wide zone. 

Check out “his” film.  Okay it’s Gore highlights but keep an eye on #76, the Dude can move. (Note how frequently he lines up at LT and you’ll understand why it would be smart to keep him on the roster for depth).

• Upvote 2

Players that are overpaid jags and who should be happy as clams to be making good coin when they are not good players should always demand a trade the moment the team they are on brings in another guy.

Has Blake Cashman demanded a trade yet because we drafted a few LB's?  Should he?

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Not going to find. Lot of trading partners in the middle of June 

20 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Fant is so incredibly athletic for a RT, I could see him becoming a dominant pulling RG in the new wide zone. 

Check out “his” film.  Okay it’s Gore highlights but keep an eye on #76, the Dude can move. (Note how frequently he lines up at LT and you’ll understand why it would be smart to keep him on the roster for depth).

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

I agree. But all indications are that Fant is a high character guy.

And btw, what a luxury it is to have a swing tackle like Fant. But for us, it's a must with a big dude like Becton on this team.

10 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

No. Truth is Fant will be on the field this season it’s just not clear in what spot. Between Moses or Becton, one of them dudes are missing games

Moses has played all 16 games every year for the past 6 season.

Since becoming a starter in 2015, he has never missed a start.

• Upvote 1

imo this scenario is putting the cart way ahead of the horse.  the main issue about signing moses is becton's health. apparently becton put on the ponds and that doesn't bode well for his foot problem.  i think the jets are hoping for the best and planning for the worst.

9 hours ago, GreenFish said:

If Crowder is not good enough to request a trade then there’s no way in hell Fant is good enough to request a trade. He’s a borderline starter. Dude is just happy he's getting paid the big bucks.

Oh please. The difference is Crowder is a legit starter on any team and who knows he is playing for someone else next season  and Fant is a starter only on a team with an OL as bad as the Jets were last season. He is a very good depth guy and every team needs players like this but he is being paid a whole lot to sit and wait for someone to get hurt so I would say he should be counting his lucky stars he isn't  getting the Crowder treatment asking him to take a big pay cut. 

• Upvote 1

He can demand it all he wants, not sure who would trade for him and/or why the Jets would oblige.  Becton hasnt proven he's reliable.  Fant played well at LT when he was out, so, to me it seems like he's a great depth for a team with a rookie QB with a injury history considering their franchise LT likes to pull himself from games when he cuts his toe nails to short.

I don't think he would. The guy was a project draft pick that Seattle gave up on him. The Jets took a chance on him because he's a freak athlete but has never had real success at the NFL level. He was average last year at best. Not really the type of player that would request a trade IMO.

Where is he going right now where he can automatically start? His best chance is probably staying with the Jets. Becton seems to have a lot of minor injuries that pop up from time to time and maybe he can try to get in some work at guard to improve his versatility along the line.