Should Becton start upon return?

The O-Line has gotten better and AVT is excelling with Fant on his side. Should the current nucleus on the left side be altered or should we use Becton as a floater? The latter will impact Becton's development but changing the line could have its implications.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So all of a sudden this site thinks Fant is good? 90% of Jetnation wanted him cut to save money... Now you are arguing on replacing the best LT the Jets have had in 10 years with him... Jesus... I mea

Play the best 5. I have a hard time seeing Becton, despite his critics here, not being amongst the best 5 when he comes back. Maybe we might actually get a functioning running offense if Bec

oline play has gotten better but at the same time this season is about getting reps for players that will be on next year's team.  assuming becton is healthy he should start.  true fant is pass blocki

Posted Images

Just now, Claymation said:

Yes, the run game is garbage. Fant gets no push.

Wilson has been sack only 3 times in the last two games, something to keep an eye on.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 2
5 minutes ago, Bronx said:

The O-Line has gotten better and AVT is excelling with Fant on his side. Should the current nucleus on the left side be altered or should we use Becton as a floater? The latter will impact Becton's development but changing the line could have its implications.

Thoughts?

I think the air in the Bronx is bad.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Green hat said:

Yes, start Becton. If the other 4 have gelled, changing one player should be manageable. Should be a huge upgrade for the running game. 

I would experiment Becton on the right side, it can't hurt to try.

• Thumb Down 1

No doubt.  

Highest upside, high pick, will be here for years- don’t piss him off but more so he’s literally our best LT. He showed that last year. Will help in the run game too. 

keep Moses starting at RT. Fant swing tackle.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Thoughts?

I think Fant was supposed to be the floater and he has now shown he is very  capable. Put Becton back at LT and Fant back at RT or RG. The real question is do we keep Moses where he is. 

• Upvote 4
17 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Thoughts?

Becton got hurt BEFORE the disasters against Denver and New England. We have had 2 decent games the last 2 weeks where OMG Wilson wasn't killed but still generated zero ground game. 

Becton is NOT the problem. 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think Fant was supposed to be the floater and he has now shown he is very  capable. Put Becton back at LT and Fant back at RT or RG. The real question is do we keep Moses where he is. 

Moses is definitely among the best 5 IMO.

17 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Thoughts?

Here is my recommendation.   Leave Fant where he is.  He's the better pass blocking LT.  When Big Ticket is ready to return, get him practice reps in the RG spot.  If he can play inside, he starts at RG.  The current RG moves to the back-up role.

Keep it that way until Big Ticket demonstrates that he can pass block on the outside better than Fant if ever. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Moses is definitely among the best 5 IMO.

I think Moses is a better RT than Fant, Fant is solid though at LT. If Becton comes back you play him, but I would be lying if I said I do not have concerns about his long term viability. 

• Upvote 3
13 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Maybe ease him back at right tackle if the coaching staff wants an excuse to leave Fant at left tackle.  Might build up Bectons confidence as well.

He should play RT his entire career

I think they want Becton at LT.  I don't think he waltzes right back in as starter.  I think they will work him in slowly.  Conditioning seemed to be an issue..  I think his first week or two back they rotate a bit.  Presumably with AVT playing so well things look up, but if it is a sh*tshow like week 1 we can see more Fant.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Plug him back in at LT right away and if he struggles, consider a different path. Fant has played well but he's certainly not in the long term vision... Becton and AVT need to develop together

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The OL has gotten better with more reps. They’re jelling.

This is a tough one for the coaching staff. I think Becton is better than Fant and Moses. So, I won’t get on the CS if Becton starts right away at LT.

But if it were up to me, I would put Moses at RG and Becton at RT. The left side and McGovern have improved every week. Don’t mess with them.

I don’t know if Moses can play guard, but I can’t imagine he’s be worse than GVR. So just give it a shot.

Or Becton at LT with Moses at RG and Fant at RT. Whatever is best. Aside from Zach, RG and TE are the biggest issues on offense. We can at least try and address RG by putting our best 5 OL on the field.

not always as easy as just moving a guy inside.  Alot of players can do it so its not an issue but it is a different position that requires different steps, angles, block adjustments, and responsibilities.  Can moses pull?  Idk thats something thats important though as this offense does run counter.   Aside from pass pro, guard is a much harder spot to play for most offenses especially in the run game. 

Not saying its impossible to do, many have done it, just not sure he's one of the guys that can. Cant always just say put their best 5 out there 

• Upvote 4