Should Becton start upon return?

Bronx

The O-Line has gotten better and AVT is excelling with Fant on his side. Should the current nucleus on the left side be altered or should we use Becton as a floater? The latter will impact Becton's development but changing the line could have its implications.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Bronx said:

The O-Line has gotten better and AVT is excelling with Fant on his side. Should the current nucleus on the left side be altered or should we use Becton as a floater? The latter will impact Becton's development but changing the line could have its implications.

Thoughts?

I think the air in the Bronx is bad.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Thoughts?

I think Fant was supposed to be the floater and he has now shown he is very  capable. Put Becton back at LT and Fant back at RT or RG. The real question is do we keep Moses where he is. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Thoughts?

Becton got hurt BEFORE the disasters against Denver and New England. We have had 2 decent games the last 2 weeks where OMG Wilson wasn't killed but still generated zero ground game. 

Becton is NOT the problem. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Thoughts?

Here is my recommendation.   Leave Fant where he is.  He's the better pass blocking LT.  When Big Ticket is ready to return, get him practice reps in the RG spot.  If he can play inside, he starts at RG.  The current RG moves to the back-up role.

Keep it that way until Big Ticket demonstrates that he can pass block on the outside better than Fant if ever. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

I think they want Becton at LT.  I don't think he waltzes right back in as starter.  I think they will work him in slowly.  Conditioning seemed to be an issue..  I think his first week or two back they rotate a bit.  Presumably with AVT playing so well things look up, but if it is a sh*tshow like week 1 we can see more Fant.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

16 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The OL has gotten better with more reps. They’re jelling.

This is a tough one for the coaching staff. I think Becton is better than Fant and Moses. So, I won’t get on the CS if Becton starts right away at LT.

But if it were up to me, I would put Moses at RG and Becton at RT. The left side and McGovern have improved every week. Don’t mess with them.

I don’t know if Moses can play guard, but I can’t imagine he’s be worse than GVR. So just give it a shot.

Or Becton at LT with Moses at RG and Fant at RT. Whatever is best. Aside from Zach, RG and TE are the biggest issues on offense. We can at least try and address RG by putting our best 5 OL on the field.

not always as easy as just moving a guy inside.  Alot of players can do it so its not an issue but it is a different position that requires different steps, angles, block adjustments, and responsibilities.  Can moses pull?  Idk thats something thats important though as this offense does run counter.   Aside from pass pro, guard is a much harder spot to play for most offenses especially in the run game. 

Not saying its impossible to do, many have done it, just not sure he's one of the guys that can. Cant always just say put their best 5 out there 

• Upvote 4