Will this become the Great Halloween Massacre of 2021? Predictions for Jets-Bengals

There's always the possibility that just when the Jets feel like they're at their lowest, lose a QB to injury, just gave up 54 points, etc. and are about to face a vastly improved team that they get off the mat and surprise us by competing well or even winning.  This just doesn't seem like one of those times.

I think that even with the possible returns of Mosley and Davis the Jets could once again give up a boatload of points.  Why?  Because this will be by far the biggest test for our secondary this season.  The Bengals are no joke and guys like J. Chase, T. Higgins, Boyd, etc. could literally run circles around the Jets pass D.  The Jets have been fairly lucky that when they faced potentially dangerous passing attacks the other teams were missing their best players (Tenn without both Julio Jones, AJ Brown AND Atlanta without Ridley and Gage).  Unfortunately, I see the Bengals hanging something like 30+ on the Jets again..... and it could be worse if the Jets can't maintain any kind of possession and run the clock by being minimally competent on O.

Prediction:

Bengals 37

Jets 13

• Upvote 1

I have no idea how the Bengals screen game is but they are definitely the best WR corps we've faced so far. It will be interesting to see how our young CB's hold up against them and also if they try a similar dink and dunk approach with a lot of screens like the Pats did. I suspect having our starting LB'rs back will put a damper on that sort of attack. 

Chase has been beasting on everyone so far. I'd love to see us bottle him up somehow. Don't really see us winning this one but some interesting details to watch anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

One thing I think I’ve learned over the years is trap games in the NFL are legitimate and this one feels like a trap for the Bengals.  On a bit of a hot streak, just had a huge statement win.  This feels like a game teams typically stun their toe on.  I’m not saying I think the Jets will win or even cover but this has all the ingredients of one of those games where people scratch their head about it’s competitiveness.

• Upvote 2

So far we have faced:

Panthers- Darnold already benched

Pats twice- Rookie QB that can't throw more than 10 yards with zero WRs

Broncos- Teddy Bridgewater LOL.....without Jeudy

Titans- Without Julio/AJ Brown

Falcons- Without Ridley

Now we face Burrow/Mixon/Chase/higgins/Boyd. This Jets defense will likely be pumped up after getting embarrassed and the Bengals may be a little too cocky...... but this is the first real offense they have seen all year. It could get ugly fast. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

One thing I think I’ve learned over the years is trap games in the NFL are legitimate and this one feels like a trap for the Bengals.  On a bit of a hot streak, just had a huge statement win.  This feels like a game teams typically stun their toe on.  I’m not saying I think the Jets will win or even cover but this has all the ingredients of one of those games where people scratch their head about it’s competitiveness.

bengals will throttle the jets and the only thing that will make people scratch their head is how Joe put together such a terrible roster, how the hell is it possible White is actually getting a start for a pro team and how impressive it was for Joe to find the worst head coach oc combo this team has ever had based on their performance so far

5 minutes ago, kmnj said:

bengals will throttle the jets and the only thing that will make people scratch their head is how Joe put together such a terrible roster, how the hell is it possible White is actually getting a start for a pro team and how impressive it was for Joe to find the worst head coach oc combo this team has ever had based on their performance so far

Cool.  You sound pumped.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

the Jet way is for the above to occur. I agree they do not win but would not be surprised to see significant improvement especially in the QB play opening up an additional story line. How many weeks left of this? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kmnj said:

There are so many things you can rightfully get mad at JD about, but having Mike White as a backup is the least of them. There is a playoff contending team starting Geno Smith right now. GENO SMITH. 

The Super Bowl favorite Bucs have Blaine Gabbert! 

• Upvote 2

Joe Burrow has accounted for roughly 2,000 yards and 17 TD's.

The NY Jets have accounted for roughly 1,600 yards and 9 TD's.

Now some of you might read that and say, wow, Joe Burrow is good.  Others will say wow, the NY Jets suck.

And this is where I tell you that 22 QB's in the NFL have more yards passing and as many TD or more than the entire NY Jets offense. 

Bengals will win by as many as they want to.  They will call off the dogs after it is about 30-3 at half and end up with 36 points or so.  Jets might score a late td or two when the bengals go to sleep after the 1st half.

At this point the Bangles could beat the Jets, Susanna Hoffs with 3 tds and 150 yards on the ground.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

There's always the possibility that just when the Jets feel like they're at their lowest, lose a QB to injury, just gave up 54 points, etc. and are about to face a vastly improved team that they get off the mat and surprise us by competing well or even winning.  This just doesn't seem like one of those times.

I think that even with the possible returns of Mosley and Davis the Jets could once again give up a boatload of points.  Why?  Because this will be by far the biggest test for our secondary this season.  The Bengals are no joke and guys like J. Chase, T. Higgins, Boyd, etc. could literally run circles around the Jets pass D.  The Jets have been fairly lucky that when they faced potentially dangerous passing attacks the other teams were missing their best players (Tenn without both Julio Jones, AJ Brown AND Atlanta without Ridley and Gage).  Unfortunately, I see the Bengals hanging something like 30+ on the Jets again..... and it could be worse if the Jets can't maintain any kind of possession and run the clock by being minimally competent on O.

Prediction:

Bengals 37

Jets 13

I don't see this offense led by White changing the trend this season.

We lose, likely by a substantial amount.

31-16 or 17 or somewhere thereabouts.

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Brief depiction of how the Jets will play against the Bengals:

monday-fall.gif

You're giving them a lot of credit, she makes it all the way down the stairs into a seemingly safe slide.  

It's actually really ******* impressive.   The Jets could never do that

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You guys have been around long enough to know how this works.  Jets just got a 50 burger dropped on them.  Bengals coming off their biggest win in a decade.  Jets are starting a qb no one has ever heard of.  Jets are a 10 point underdog.  There is 0 chance they can win this game.

Jets - 21Bengals 17

Search your feelings.  You know it to be true.

dr phil happy dance GIF

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bengals will win by as many as they want to.  They will call off the dogs after it is about 30-3 at half and end up with 36 points or so.  Jets might score a late td or two when the bengals go to sleep after the 1st half.

At this point the Bangles could beat the Jets, Susanna Hoffs with 3 tds and 150 yards on the ground.

She can Walk Like An Egyptian after each TD.  Susanna "Ickey" Hoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, section314 said:

Cincy 27

Jets.  17

Jets play their best game so far, but Bengals play just well enough to win. Ironically, there will be at least two threads here Sunday afternoon/ Monday morning saying if we had Zack, we would have won. Book it.

So you're saying to bet the mortgage money on Jets +11.5? Time to fire up my Fanduel account

• Haha 1