*** NFL Gameday 01/23 ***

Beerfish

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Good on KC

But we still have to deal with this Allen f*cker for the next 12+ years.

Kyle Hamilton not good value, you say?

Pass on George Karlaftis because he’s not Myles Garrett?

No Dean or Lloyd because LB isn’t important enough?

Piss off

Fill holes on offense in FA/through trade and draft to the strength of this class…which is defense by a country mile.

But the Number One Defense jsut got beat like rented farm animals by a dead serious passing attack. Do you understand what you just saw? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Good on KC

Piss off

Fill holes on offense in FA/through trade and draft to the strength of this class…which is defense by a country mile.

He isn't going to be the running threat for 12 years, or he will have plastic legs. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know everyone is going to go crazy about how great a game this was but I'll say it again that the NFL has become the Arena League.  The fact that this was the #1 defense in football further illustrates that.

So what?

In the context of what the game is now, this was about as good as it gets.

In other words, this 2022 game full of offense was even better than the age-old games defined by great defense. Regardless of offense/defense, it feature some of the most exciting, balls-out, and gutsy things we've seen in a playoff game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, hawk said:

It's sad, in a game like this, both teams should get a chance.  

Coin flipped determined the game.

Regular season, who gives a ****, but this is a potential super bowl winner determined by a coin flip.

I'd say, play the whole quarter, or each team gets a chance to Match each other.  First, it's better entertainment, second, the league would make more on advertising.

Not true. Defense still has a job to do.

Just now, Gen X Jet said:

McDermot should be on the hot seat. The defensive calls at the end of regulation and overtime were horrendous. It’d be one thing if it was one game but the guy has shown he can’t win the big playoff game. 

Both DC's suddenly went totally scared and were acting as if they were just worried about QB runs.  The lack of bringing pressure was just terrible for both teams.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Good on KC

Piss off

You watch these games and came away that we should draft defense? Good lawd. Offense won the game. All day long. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

But the Number One Defense jsut got beat like rented farm animals by a dead serious passing attack. Do you understand what you just saw? 

Because when Mahomes has time, he is literally unstoppable.  If his entire OL wasn't decimated last year, they would have beaten TB and be looking to three-peat.  He is just so damned good.

2 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

McDermot should be on the hot seat. The defensive calls at the end of regulation and overtime were horrendous. It’d be one thing if it was one game but the guy has shown he can’t win the big playoff game. 

Nah.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bugg said:

I understand that the Jets defense was already historically sh*t and isn’t going to get much better by filling it out with a bunch of Jamien Sherwood’s and Jason Pinnock’s in the mid-late rounds.

Take one of those 2nd rounders and trade it for Amari Cooper, bring in a decent TE in FA, re-sign LDT and then attack the living hell out of the defensive side of the ball in the draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, ultraJETfan said:

Not true. Defense still has a job to do.

25 points scored in the last two minutes, both teams gave up points.  

Defenses were gased.

Coin flip determined the game.  

Chiefs deserved it, so did the Bills.  So disrespect toward either team, but the rule is flawed 

57 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's all well and good..

So if no one wants to come here - then why are we so worried about paying the guys that want to be here.

Point I'm getting at is - it seems as fans we are faaaar too worried about the cap.

These loaded teams find ways to keep everyone together and rarely do top guys slip free.  

I’m not, it took me a while but after I saw Kirk cousins and Anthony baar use the jets to get more money from the Vikings I finally realized that all this team is at this point is leverage for players to sign with other teams for as much money as they can get elsewhere. I have little no expectations regarding high profile free agents. It ain’t happening and if it does, it’ll be for way too big of a contract. Jets need to build from within and do it well if we’re ever going to see this team so well. We’ll start getting free agents when players and their agents don’t view this team as a bad business decision. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1