Since this seems like a thing here

It’s no joke bro. I got it before new year’s and I still have breathing issues. Covid is hyper coagulative, so try to move around some of you aren’t possibly infecting others around you obviously. 
good luck 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Had prime COVID back in October 2020. Primary symptoms lasted like 3 weeks but I had a cough and couldn’t hold my breath til like July 2021. I’ve developed some weird inability to focus at times.  It’s not fun. 

Yeah, brain fog is a long Covid symptom. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Jets Things said:

Ugh. Feel better. I had the original variant and the omicron. Original knocked me on my ass for a week. Tested positive for omicron on January 17th. Mild flu for two days and tinnitus, which hasn't stopped yet. 

Ugh.  I wish you the best for a full recovery.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Tested positive for Covid today. Running a 101 fever. Feel like total ?

I'm sorry to hear that.  I hope you get better soon.

Try not to spend too much time on the web, and get much needed rest.  Know that we all are pulling for you.  We need more cowbell.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Tested positive for Covid today. Running a 101 fever. Feel like total ?

Get the Paxlovid pills, especially if you're old.  I wasn't bad but it literally fixed everything for me in a day.

It's 3 pills twice a day for 5 days.  Much better to start in the first days of symptoms. 

Not to minimize but the good news is these variants are only killing about 300 people a day compared to around 4000 at its peak.   Most are elderly, unvaxed, and medically compromised.  

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Get the Paxlovid pills, especially if you're old.  I wasn't bad but it literally fixed everything for me in a day.

It's 3 pills twice a day for 5 days.  Much better to start in the first days of symptoms. 

Not to minimize but the good news is these variants are only killing about 300 people a day compared to around 4000 at its peak.   Most are elderly, unvaxed, and medically compromised.  

I'm on day 3 with the pills. Did you get a metallic taste in your mouth? Had that the first day but it went away. I'm getting better but slower than you. 

Hey buddy, feel better. I had Covid in December 2020 pre-vaccination and it was brutal for a few days. Had it again two weeks ago and once again it wiped me out. I didn’t get any booster shots because I am 28 and healthy and had already been exposed to the virus. Thinking that if I’d been boosted, my symptoms probably would have been mild - at least that’s what I’ve heard from others who’ve had it recently. Oh well. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Hey buddy, feel better. I had Covid in December 2020 pre-vaccination and it was brutal for a few days. Had it again two weeks ago and once again it wiped me out. I didn’t get any booster shots because I am 28 and healthy and had already been exposed to the virus. Thinking that if I’d been boosted, my symptoms probably would have been mild - at least that’s what I’ve heard from others who’ve had it recently. Oh well. 

Since I had it bad last year, I think I’m immune for at least a year.  I’m avoiding the vax. 

Did two tours of duty on the C-train 19... both times it was mild but felt like someone casted a lethargy spell on me... and the chest congestion lasted for weeeeeks

All in all, people are quite resilient - this will be in the rearview mirror soon enough

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1