Maye arrested….

k-met57

vehemently denies the allegation from a motor vehicle incident, and looks forward to defending himself when all the facts come out.”

Memorizing this quote is the first assignment all defense lawyers must memorize in law school

sort of how we used to be taught he pledge of allegiance in kindergarten 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

vehemently denies the allegation from a motor vehicle incident, and looks forward to defending himself when all the facts come out.”

Memorizing this quote is the first assignment all defense lawyers must memorize in law school

sort of how we used to be taught he pledge of allegiance in kindergarten 

Seems eerily similar to the words of a certain ex-punter’s agent from just last week.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Maybe has issues.  Another correct move by Joe D.

Another player Jet fans seem to rave about that I never thought was anything more then average out there.

i'm willing to bet that when he was a jet you, at some point, posted about how he was going to be the best safety ever in history

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Another player Jet fans seem to rave about that I never thought was anything more then average out there.

Are you seriously  saying JD trade Maye because he knee he would do something  stupid that would get him arrested months after the fact? 

Maye was a good player. 

• Upvote 1

This idea that he was this great guy and perfect teammate was an anti jets sentiment created by the media when we weren’t extending him.  The media always slants against the jets so the narrative is “oh how can the jets do this to such a great player and person and leader and teammate”.  I never saw it 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexVanDyke said:

This idea that he was this great guy and perfect teammate was an anti jets sentiment created by the media when we weren’t extending him.  The media always slants against the jets so the narrative is “oh how can the jets do this to such a great player and person and leader and teammate”.  I never saw it 

This is correct.

The Jets were just roasted for 'trading their best player', jamal adams and not paying him whatever he wanted.

20 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Maye > Adams

which really ain’t sayin much.

both overhyped

both overpriced

both under-criticized

The truth is out there 

EA87F4CE-5807-40C7-A60E-B426E7B8B57B.jpeg

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Brandishing a firearm during a road rage incident. Good lord people, just breathe and let the car pass. 

It is the machismo that it an NFL player; every time a player isn't given the biggest paycheck ever, or is traded, or is ..... they start throwing our the 'disrespect' word; if the seas or the cars do not part for them, they are being disrespected - I don't care how obnoxious the girls in the car are being, nothing short of protecting yourself or others from grave bodily injury justifies pulling a gun (IMO). So, unless the girls were pointing machine guns or playing 'death race', I am guessing the 'facts of the case' are not going to help Maye very much. I would suspect that once the facts are out, it will be determined that his ego got the best of him

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Brandishing a firearm during a road rage incident. Good lord people, just breathe and let the car pass. 

I was parked in a parking lot this morning and this old timer was gonna hit my car. Rather than freaking out I moved and just shook my head. This is what his car looked like . I was at the liquor store and he had a case of bud and a gallon of wine walking out (with a cane) 

79B289C1-E276-485C-8020-A505ABD03676.jpeg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, BP said:

I was parked in a parking lot this morning and this old timer was gonna hit my car. Rather than freaking out I moved and just shook my head. This is what his car looked like . I was at the liquor store and he had a case of bud and a gallon of wine walking out (with a cane) 

He must have been distracted by another dumb tweet by Woody.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This is correct.

The Jets were just roasted for 'trading their best player', jamal adams and not paying him whatever he wanted.

I used to watch the maybe interviews and be like this is the player the media is gushing over to sign?  He so wanted to get out of here it was obvious.  

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Are you seriously  saying JD trade Maye because he knee he would do something  stupid that would get him arrested months after the fact? 

Maye was a good player. 

When Maye's contract was up for renewal, he sought top safety money when he was a decent player coming off a major injury with legal issues as well.  JD was smart not to pay him what he wanted and to send him packing.  This latest episode just emphasizes that Maye did not deserve anything close to what he was asking and that he is a completely oblivious person.  Glad he's not here and it is somewhat ridiculous to claim it was a mistake to let him go.

On 9/1/2022 at 10:56 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Totally agree.

There has been such a dearth of hitting draft picks (Idzik, and the Worst “GM” Ever, failed former Scout Maccagnan) that when a guy simply sees the field without being cut, there is an outpouring of accolades by fans and the guy is subsequently highly overrated during his tenure as a Jet.

I kept asking myself, is it me?  Why am I not seeing this “greatness” in Maye that some speak of and want to give him some long expensive 2nd contract?  He would make a nice play here and there stopping the run but he was never a complete player as a Safety, just like Adams, they way I thought.

Also, he was close to the age of being someone’s grandfather on the day Maccagnan drafted him, a second consecutive Safety (“genius”) after ESPN tipped him to draft Adams in the first, with Mahomes sitting there and the Jets with Zero QB’s.  

Good riddance to Maye and the janitor who stole a suit and walked into an office that said GM on it, without the Johnsons even knowing.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

When Maye's contract was up for renewal, he sought top safety money when he was a decent player coming off a major injury with legal issues as well.  JD was smart not to pay him what he wanted and to send him packing.  This latest episode just emphasizes that Maye did not deserve anything close to what he was asking and that he is a completely oblivious person.  Glad he's not here and it is somewhat ridiculous to claim it was a mistake to let him go.

That isn't  what I implied 

22 hours ago, BP said:

AH .. deserves a pass .. was just getting stocked up for his 50th season as a Jets fan.

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2022 at 6:05 PM, BP said:

Hey, pal! How ya been?

The Florida Highway Patrol called my folks saying they picked up my grandma. My dad said, "Oh, did she get lost again?"

Officer: "Yes, sir. She couldn't find an exit ramp off the Expressway. Probably because they were designed for people driving the correct direction."

My dad flew down and moved her up to NC a week later.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/3/2022 at 6:35 PM, jgb said:

Hey, pal! How ya been?

The Florida Highway Patrol called my folks saying they picked up my grandma. My dad said, "Oh, did she get lost again?"

Officer: "Yes, sir. She couldn't find an exit ramp off the Expressway. Probably because they were designed for people driving the correct direction."

My dad flew down and moved her up to NC a week later.

I’m good man, thanks! You know it’s been 9 years since the last time we had a thugturd reunion at MetLife. How are you? Germany treating you good? And fyi tell the old man to get a haircut, he’s starting to look like Jeff bridges.