Mike McDaniel

3 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I don't understand the talk about him getting fired. He got his team into the playoffs and almost beat the Bills despite playing their third string, seventh round pick QB. I know he had a bad run this season and made some stupid decisions along the way but he had a lot of highs this year. He had to play three different QBs through the season and had one of the top passing offenses in the league. 

Miami always gets oversold in the offseason and crashes so in that regard McDaniel is no different from his many predecessors. Had Tua not suffered repeat concussions, I wouldn't be confident that would have happened this year. 

I don't understand it either.  I think there was some talk about Payton/TB12 going there as a tandem.  There was also talk about the owner being really upset at the way the Tua concussion thing was handled but I have no idea how that could be on the HC.  Don't they have medical people for those types of decisions?!

• Upvote 3

I'm not sold that he was the running game coord for the 49's and MLF the passing coord, because his offense in Miami was almost unstoppable when they were all healthy. If he gets fired, which I don't think he will, but if is, he should be first in line and bring in a solid QB coach (and QB) and let those 3 handle that side of the ball.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's kind of dorky but I like this dude.   If the Dolphins fire him, I'd 100% be up for hiring him as OC of the NYJ.

No way he’s getting fired after 1 year!  He made the playoffs and they’re coming off the Flores fiasco last year.  It’s not his fault Tua got his brain scrambled. I want Kyle Shanahan as OC if he gets fired. That’s just about as likely. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, docdhc said:

No way he’s getting fired after 1 year!  He made the playoffs and they’re coming off the Flores fiasco last year.  It’s not his fault Tua got his brain scrambled. I want Kyle Shanahan as OC if he gets fired. That’s just about as likely. 

There are rumors that Ross is going big game hunting and wants Payton with Brady

• Upvote 2

On 1/17/2023 at 8:22 PM, Bungaman said:

This photo makes me worry that if we hired him as an OC, he and the boss would spend a little bit too much time at the office after hours ...  ?

now I kinda hope he does get hired and they spread gay to every employee in the building

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

I think those rumors got even less likely after that Bucs Dallas game. Brady finally looks cooked. 

If you’re redoing your #1 QB and head coach positions, one game isn’t changing your mind

Also it’s all about selling tickets down here.  They redid the place and reduced seating to not have to flirt with blackouts.  

• 11 months later...