What will Aaron Rodgers cost via trade?

Morrissey

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think the Packers would want the ‘24 first rounder in the event that Rodgers sucks or gets hurt and they’d be in position to draft Drake Maye or Caleb Williams. Jets should protect the ‘24 first for the same reason. Give them this year’s

My guess is 2 2nd rounders.  Douglas won’t part with a first.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean we have a top defense. You add Rodgers and get a WR like DHop or OBJ as well you’re telling me that team can’t compete for a superbowl?

Sure. Let's bring in some more old/injured guys.  That has always worked in the past.  Am I right?  Huh? 

Productive 30+ year old receivers are now a rarity in the NFL.  Hopkins will be 31 next season.  So will OBJ and his old man knees.  Pass on both.  

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Sure. Let's bring in some more old/injured guys.  That has always worked in the past.  Am I right?  Huh? 

Productive 30+ year old receivers are now a rarity in the NFL.  Hopkins will be 31 next season.  So will OBJ and his old man knees.  Pass on both.  

Those guys would be the 3rd/4th option behind Breece GW and Elijah. Similar to Antonio Browns role on TB when they won the superbowl 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the Packers would want the ‘24 first rounder in the event that Rodgers sucks or gets hurt and they’d be in position to draft Drake Maye or Caleb Williams. Jets should protect the ‘24 first for the same reason. Give them this year’s

2023 1st, 2024 1st, 2025 1st. 

Give them all the 1st rounders it takes to ensure we tank properly for the Golden Archibald. 

FV8zIPRWYAAdXGq.jpeg.thumb.jpg.57dcba3cdfb34b387cb93967c0d8f534.jpg

... and toss Denzel Mims in that package too. For sh*ts and gigs.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The guy that make Mekhi Becton look like Cal Ripkin?  And don't forget Randall Cobb, need him as well.

Packers are screwed with Bakhtiari because he has a giant $28 million dollar cap hit next year and needs to be re-upped, or they can cut him this offseason and save $17 mil if he’s designated post 6/1. 

• Upvote 1

People think playing in NY is playing in New York City. Yeah it's the media capital. But professionals with the kind of money Rodgers has have the entire Hudson Valley, rural and exurban Long Island and Northern / Central NJ. 

Do any of these players actually live in NYC? I doubt many do. Why would they? It's more diverse on nature than Wisconsin. 

On 1/24/2023 at 6:39 PM, Beerfish said:

Coming off his worst QB rating of his career

Coming off more ints thrown other than his 1st year starting.

Coming off his worst yards passing per game of his career.

Coming of his worst year for longest pass of the year since starting.

Coming off 8 fumbles on the year his worst in about 7 years.

Gaudy passing yard stats of 205, 159, 238, 229, 182, 140 7 tds, 5 ints in those last 6 games

Russel Wilson vibes.

My gut tells me trading for Rodgers will be an absolute disaster and set this franchise back 5 years.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Vader said:

People think playing in NY is playing in New York City. Yeah it's the media capital. But professionals with the kind of money Rodgers has have the entire Hudson Valley, rural and exurban Long Island and Northern / Central NJ. 

Do any of these players actually live in NYC? I doubt many do. Why would they? It's more diverse on nature than Wisconsin. 

First of all “playing in New York” used to be a big issue cause it was in the spotlight and you had a lot of eyes on you. Now with the internet and modern times everyone sees your every move no matter what city you’re in

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I like this deal, 1st and a conditional 2nd plus corey davis

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

My gut tells me trading for Rodgers will be an absolute disaster and set this franchise back 5 years.

I don’t see how

Even if Rodgers does’t recapture his MVP form of just one year ago, he’s still pretty much a sure bet to be well above average for another two years.

This team probably wins 10 games with a guy like Derek Carr.

With Rodgers, they’re a legit threat to teams like KC, Cincy and Buffalo.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

No idea how it sets us back 5 years unless we give up like 3 1st round picks.  JD just picked AVT, Garrett Wilson,  Sauce, Breece and a few others. This team can survive a couple of busts in next 2 years drafts so instead of a couple of busts we take a shot on Rodgers who still looked really good last year with trash at WR most of the year. 

3 minutes ago, Barton said:

Get it done, Tanny. Two 1st rd picks seems like alot for a guy that old but maybe thats what it will take.

Also, time to trade Quinnen Williams. Recoup a 1st rd pick or two. Use those cap dollars to build up the offense around Rodgers. 

Dude if we’re trading for Rodgers we’re obviously all in. They’re not trading away their best player lol 

What will it cost?

Nothing, since we are not trading for him nor would any sane GM do so. His best days are long past, he is a head case, and the NYJ are a very young team needing a new, young QB.  Why not pick up Baker or Dan Jones from the NYG? Both are free agents with a better football brain than ZW.

I don't want another Brett Favre rental coming in way past his prime and too late to seriously compete for a SB. They have done well drafting lately (mostly); they need to continue building thru the draft and focus on QB/OL, those are the biggest needs right now by far.

5 minutes ago, Barton said:

Get it done, Tanny. Two 1st rd picks seems like alot for a guy that old but maybe thats what it will take.

Also, time to trade Quinnen Williams. Recoup a 1st rd pick or two. Use those cap dollars to build up the offense around Rodgers. 

DEFINITELY NOT.  Rodgers at this point is a prima donna without the skill set he had even 2 years ago, he is almost 40 and would NOT be a good fit.

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Dude if we’re trading for Rodgers we’re obviously all in. They’re not trading away their best player lol 

Do you want Rodgers throwing to Garrett Wilson and a bunch of JAGS next year? Offensive tackles with 2 left knees again?

The dude has lost his mind.  I wouldn't want him for anything.  He is now going on about how the ""big pharma"" is ruining his life because he was an anti vax nut job.  It's sad to see but maybe the concussions have caught up to him so trading anything away at this point would be a huge mistake.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

I've seen interest from GB fans in one of our WRs (Davis or Moore) as part of a deal so here's something that seems palatable.

• 2023 2nd
  • Corey Davis 
  • Conditional 2024 pick
    • 3rd if he isn't on the roster at start of league year
    • 2nd if he is but no playoffs in 2023
    • 1st if we make playoffs in 2023

So worst case, we make the playoffs and keep him for the 2nd year.  I can live with giving up a 1st in 2024 in that case.  Otherwise, it was a gamble that didn't quite pay off but didn't cost us terribly much.

This but I wonder if they want Elijah instead of Corey…not as good of a deal for us but wouldn’t say no really either 

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I actually think the opposite.  They are going to trade him.

That’s Douglas’ MO.

Guys who suddenly blow up in a contract year are always scary.  Remember Mo Wilk.

Of course I remember Mo Wilk. Don’t know what he has to do with Quinnen. Q is the far superior player

14 minutes ago, Barton said:

Offer a 3rd rounder, take it or leave it.

Dude is 40.  Favre only cost the Jets a 4th and didn’t have albatross contract baggage.

Rodgers can give the Jets a ton of leverage because, while he doesn’t have a no-trade clause, he could just retire or be a “hold in” nuisance if he’s traded to a team he wants no part of.

NFC teams are all off the table.

So who is the Jets’ realistic competition?

NE, LV, and Indy?

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Offer a 3rd rounder, take it or leave it.

Dude is 40.  Favre only cost the Jets a 4th.

Rodgers can give the Jets a ton of leverage because, while he doesn’t have a no-trade clause, he could just retire or be a “hold in” nuisance if he’s traded to a team he wants no part of.

NFC teams are all off the table.

So who is the Jets’ realistic competition?

NE, LV, and Indy?

Raiders, I would think will gun for him hard. We shall see though. 

10 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

The dude has lost his mind.  I wouldn't want him for anything.  He is now going on about how the ""big pharma"" is ruining his life because he was an anti vax nut job.  It's sad to see but maybe the concussions have caught up to him so trading anything away at this point would be a huge mistake.

Unfortunately, his claim is not much of a stretch anymore these days.