Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

14 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i think this "developing' thing is highly overrated. i think a good qb is gonna be a good qb. sure coaching can help speed it up but the greats were gonna be great either way imo

Developing is a broad term. To me it is not just about the technical aspects of the position, but also play calling. Jet coaches have not shown an ability to put young QBs in a position to succeed be it because of surrounding talent or schemes. Did Lawrence show signs of developing under Urban Myers ? Poor coaching can strip a young player of their ability to produce at the next level.

10 minutes ago, football guy said:

I’m worried about this for sure but by all accounts Jets don’t feel that way. They believe they are the perfect fit for him and anticipate he’s going to accept. Whether they know or not idk, but they’re proceeding as if that’s the case.

I think (hope) a lot of it has to do with him wanting to end his time in Green Bay the right way, without having the media (whom he has made clear he doesn’t care much for) announce his intentions before he can. I’m feeling 75/25 right now but 100% sure whatever it is, he announces himself 

Man Up GIF by GIPHY News

Hold on a little longer FG. AG is not done playing football & certainly not done making incredible amounts of money.

What he is done with is the Packers organization. He’s a prima donna  who will exact vengeance on the naysayers and the Packers front office by having an All-Pro season with the Jets. He’s ready to build upon his legacy and show he is an all-time great.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2023 at 12:00 PM, T0mShane said:

It’s likely that 99% of the process is complete and both the Jets and Packers are sorting out cap logistics. There’s absolutely no need to run to a microphone to announce any deal until the i’s are dotted. 

Of course it is.  They had the trade parameters to iron out.  Especially dicey if the Jets are demanding the Packers pay some of the remaining $s on his contract as rumored.  Plus the Jets had to free up cap space and hopefully working on extending Rodgers deal.  
Of course anyone with a Rodgers grudge is blaming Rodgers for being a diva, odd take

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I am placating Aaron Rodgers. Elijah Moore is slot only. Also, I heard a draft bro say that JSN is this draft’s Justin Jefferson

There's no excuse needed.  JSN was the number 1 receiver on a team with Wilson MH jr, and Olave. 

He's a monster that will rip the league up.

• Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, doitny said:

i disagree.

i think Rodgers doesnt want to be here and thats the hold up. he is going back and forth on whether to come here or give up the money.

people think he wont give up the money and i agree. i just think hes looking for a way to get that money somewhere else. hes probably working with his agent to see what kind of deals he could get in retirement that could get close to that 60 mil. and from every report i hear its a done deal, all they need is for Rodgers to say yes and yet he still hasnt. hes trying to find i way to retire and still get close to that money in endorsements, commercials, maybe hosting game shows, whatever as long as all of that combined gets close to 60 mil Rodgers is gone.

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Fair enough. Valid hypothesis. Would certainly explain the delay.   

How can y’all just assume that it’s a Jets thing? He’s been doing this to greenbay the past 3 seasons 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, football guy said:

I’m worried about this for sure but by all accounts Jets don’t feel that way. They believe they are the perfect fit for him and anticipate he’s going to accept. Whether they already know or not idk, but they’re proceeding as if that’s the case.

I think (hope) a lot of it has to do with him wanting to end his time in Green Bay the right way, without having the media (whom he has made clear he doesn’t care much for) announce his intentions before he can. I’m feeling 75/25 right now but 100% sure whatever it is, he announces himself 

give him till tomorrow to decide.  if it's taking him this long, he doesn't want to come.  period.

and i hope he comes but can't wait around.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think my favorite part of this thread is that has turned into a showcase of forum’s sense of humor.

Lot of funny people on this site.

Lots of weirdos, too.

The Woody private jet flight was on page 29, so it’s essentially been 80 pages of sh*tposting since. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

How can y’all just assume that it’s a Jets thing? He’s been doing this to greenbay the past 3 seasons 

For me, not really saying it's a Jets thing as much as just trying to discuss various reasons of what's going on.  

At this point might as well throw out ideas. 

I do think in the case of @doitnythoughts.  it's really not anti-Jet as much as it is anti-playing.  If he's going to play it's because he wants to play with the Jets - he just might not want to play.

My best guess is this is a Jet and GB negotiation thing - I think Rodgers is already in.  But happy to discuss other thoughts and ideas and his was a new one I hadn't heard and has legit merits to the idea.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, football guy said:

I’m worried about this for sure but by all accounts Jets don’t feel that way. They believe they are the perfect fit for him and anticipate he’s going to accept. Whether they already know or not idk, but they’re proceeding as if that’s the case.

Stock brokers make money whether you buy or sell...If he thinks he is hurting media that quite the contrary they are eating this indecision up and click baiting the sh*t out of everyone.  Once he makes a decision the story is over good or bad...back to figuring out what else to report on.

I could be way off but my suspicion here is the Jets and AR agreed to draw this out for as long as possible while Jets were in CA and why they went there and came out of the room with such long faces to continue a bad ruse because GB is asking for too much in return so they are playing a game to make GB nervous.

No one knows anything. These reporters are fumbling over each other to try and get it right. Meanwhile Rodgers likely is still not sure if he wants to retire. Which is a big decision.  Seems like this ends tomorrow either way. Jets move on Monday. Can’t say they didn’t give it a shot. 

21 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

if we can land rodgers here it would do a lot to legitimize the jets and we could start coaxing free agents here. also we could then get the best developmental qb we could get our hands on to try to learn behind rodgers along with wilson (if we keep him). could be similar to how pedro martinez helped elevate the mets from the laughing stock they had become

That’s why AR deal needs to be announced Sunday, or at the latest, Monday when the legal tampering period begins. The quality FA get gobbled up quickly. Players need to know that AR is onboard and Jets are ready to rock-n-roll!

Any combination of players/positions JD feels he needs to fill in FA. None or some

WR- OBJ, Thielen or Lazard

RB- Jeff Wilson, D’Onte Foreman or Jamaal Williams or Mostert

C- Bozeman, Pocic, Skura

FS