Just now, Beerfish said:

Last year: D snaps

Carl Lawson 58%

JFM 56%

Jermaine johnson 28%

Micheal Clemons 28%

Bryce Huff 17%

This guy is going to play like 30% of the time due to our 'rotation'

Really a beyond idiotic pick.  Our very top DEs play les than 60% of the time and we use a 1st rounder on this dude.

Pathetic.

All these defenders being picked after are better, too.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I had a feeling they were going D tonight.  Is it a foregone conclusion they take a center tomorrow?

I wouldn’t call it a foregone conclusion. Cody Mauch, Anton Harrison, Matthew Bergeron among other OL could be considered in that range. If Tippmann lasts I think he will be the pick but gotta see how the board falls

• Upvote 2

Just now, chirorob said:

If he was 21, 22 he is more inclined to put on weight. 

240 is small when your average tackle is about 315.

I get it ….it just cracks me up thinking in real life not NFL terms ..

2 minutes ago, Vader said:

I figured out what happened here. Saleh convinced them all that he'll make this dude his LT. They're cheering because they must fervently believe they just drafted Lawrence Taylor ay 15.

McDonald is Saleh's Bruce Irvin.  

Irvin was over drafted and undersized edge and ended up being a good pick playing the wide 9. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They have a two year window to win a ring with Rodgers. Two things win games in the NFL: QBs and guys who sack the QB. They just got a guy who will presumably help sack the QB. Do I love the pick? No. But I appreciate the philosophy behind it. Let Rodgers get the team ahead in games, then unleash a NASCAR package in the second half against the opposing QB. 

Too bad we consistently suck at picking guys who get sacks, even JD especially. No cause to trust his judgement this time. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, football guy said:

I wouldn’t call it a foregone conclusion. Cody Mauch, Anton Harrison, Matthew Bergeron among other OL could be considered in that range. If Tippmann lasts I think he will be the pick but gotta see how the board falls

You think Lawson is definitely back here next year?

Some You guys can cry all you want they need LBers that have a motor.  Quincy Williams paired with sherwood isn't getting it done. They need a guy chases down QBs Jets OLB Is very thin don't consider a converted safety and a Jag a solution.I was hoping this would happen wish they could moved back a little still got Mcdonald.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

This pick really needs to be a big hit fast, otherwise it could mean any outcome but Rodgers dragging this team to success putting a huge spotlight on what JD has ever accomplished outside of last year's top 10.

He's invested in DL repeatedly and to date the unit has been quite disappointing whenever without the one guy brought in by the almighty Mike Maccagnan.  If not a success out of the gate, then it really better be a breakout year from JJ and/or Clemons, otherwise Q will start asking for QB money and that's just the start of the problems.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

. WILL McDONALD, Iowa State (6-3 ½, 245, 4.74, 1): Might have clinched a berth in Round 1 with a boffo performance at pro day. “The workout was f--king phenomenal,” said one scout. “Bending, just the way he gains ground. With the athleticism, I see him getting drafted higher than he should. I’m rooting for him wherever he goes. He’s just a different bird, an interesting cat.” Played basketball early in high school but never tried football until his sophomore year. “He’s the wild card in this whole thing,” said a second scout. “He has want and will. He’s determined to be really good. There’s something there with this guy that leads me to believe he’s going to be really good. Great kid. He’ll be up to 255 sooner than later.” His pro day included position bests in the broad jump (11-0) and 3-cone (6.95). “His bend is the best there is, or as good as it can be,” a third scout said. “He can move his body in ways that nobody else can. Awesome athlete. Initially, he’s going to be a designated pass rusher. He’s got a ways to go to be effective in the run game. He’s just not that strong and it doesn’t come naturally to him against the run.” Long arms (34 7/8), hands were 9 ½. “He’s going to be a double-digit sack guy as a rookie,” a fourth scout said. “They played him like a 4i (technique) where he was always tight on the tackle. They never let him get out wide and just let him rip. His get-off is ridiculous. He was a 6-9 high jumper in high school. There’s some stuff in his background, a really rough background. But he has crushed the interviews.” Some teams are concerned about his Wonderlic score of 8. “As talented as he is, is he mature enough to handle the NFL and what’s going to be asked of him Monday through Friday?” said a fifth scout. Finished with 123 tackles (42 for loss) and 34 sacks. “Will’s biggest thing will be his weight,” said a sixth scout. “Can he put on enough weight to be a true defensive end and play the run? Natural pass rushers are hard to find that have that explosiveness off the ball and the ability to bend the edge and close. He’s got all that and more.” From Pewaukee, Wis.

Great he sounds like a 2023 Vernon Gholston

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

35 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Some You guys can cry all you want they need LBers that have a motor.  Quincy Williams paired with sherwood isn't getting it done. They need a guy chases down QBs Jets OLB Is very thin don't consider a converted safety and a Jag a solution.I was hoping this would happen wish they could moved back a little still got Mcdonald.

“Some You guys can cry all you want they need LBers that have a motor.  David Harris paired with Erin Henderson isn't getting it done. They need a guy chases down QBs Jets LB Is very thin don't consider a converted safety and a Jag a solution.I was hoping this would happen wish they could moved back a little still got Lee.“

IMG_2270.webp

Oh, btw, he’ll be playing wide-9, not 4-3 OLB.