Report: Quinnen Williams and Jets not far apart

5 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I heard this a couple of days ago, good news travels slow in these parts but bad news???? some here cant get to their computers fast enough to post.

Yeah I hear ya. I just saw the report from the New York Post. But I don’t think it’s ever been a matter of if, but when, how long, and how much. Either way, good news. No one will care. 😂 

• Upvote 1

It was said a couple of weeks back that the $$$ were pretty much aligned, it was guarantees and bonus structure that were the remaining bits to iron out. Which I took as a sign it was going to get done, just needed a bit more time to go back and forth.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Heard they were going to have to franchise tag him, which would initiate a catastrophic series of salary cap maneuvers that would render the Jets insolvent as a business entity. Glad to hear they’re going to avoid that scenario, especially in light of Aaron Rodgers imminent demise.

@bitonti

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

It’s all about guaranteed money for the player and salary cap implications for the team. 

I heard it was about guaranteed years, not the guaranteed money. Which I guess could essentially be the same thing.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Heard they were going to have to franchise tag him, which would initiate a catastrophic series of salary cap maneuvers that would render the Jets insolvent as a business entity. Glad to hear they’re going to avoid that scenario, especially in light of Aaron Rodgers imminent demise.

WTF?!?!? What happened to your A Rodgers avatar?  OOhhh Joker II must be coming out this Xmas.

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

So if you were an NFL player, would you sign a 4yr, $100m contract at $25m per season, none of it guaranteed, or would you prefer a 4yr $60m contract, fully guaranteed?

Q is likely getting 50-60 mil guaranteed, and still be able to make over 100 mil. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Highly unlikely. He's only got 1yr left on his current deal and his new AAV is going to be significantly higher than his current 10M cap hit

Should I explain to you how bonuses work in long term contracts ?  I’m thinking no. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

probably more about contract length ...Q wants a shorter deal so he can get another deal and still be in his 20's

Could be that too. I think the jets normally structure their contracts so they get out after 3 years with low cap implications but the contract length might be for five years.