Updated from the Sullivans & Merry Christmas

Maxman

Phil: Sincere thanks for creating and managing the best Jets forum anywhere.  JetNation makes every day of my life more enjoyable, and I’m sure most everyone who regularly visits the site feels the same way and shares the same gratitude for you.

Thank you for your unbridled optimism and Jets loyalty in the face of long odds and crushing heartbreak most seasons.  I’m generally a hopeful fan too, and it’s a pleasure to dream big dreams with you.  The payoff is coming and it will be all the more glorious for having been there for the whole ride.

You’re good people and deserve good things to happen for you and yours.  I’m pulling hard for your new home search to come through and for Lauren’s courageous fight to result in a healthy recovery.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Lauren, and your whole family, too.  I hope all of your hopes and dreams (Jets-related and otherwise) come true in 2024.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Just wanted to check in a bit early and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Happy Holidays! Is 2024 the year all of our Jets dreams come true?  :)

I haven't been around much the past few weeks. My wife, Lauren, was admitted to the hospital. We live in NJ and she gets her cancer treatments at Memorial Sloan Kettering in Middletown NJ. She was having a lot of trouble walking and fell at home, so they admitted her to the MSK hospital in NYC. Monday will be two weeks that we have been here. They have let me stay as a caregiver.

Long story short, she has very limited mobility in her right leg. Can't stand unassisted and really can't walk right now. They did all updated scans, and the results were good (she has Stage 4 Metastatic breast cancer):

-Brain : This area has been previously treated and came back clean again. No evidence of disease.

-Spine : This area has been previously treated, and they believe the last radiation worked. Small spot, less than 2 cm, that seems to be dying cells and inflammation.

Why can't she walk? They think the spot might be pressing on a nerve. So they kept her here to do pinpoint radiation. The last treatment is Monday, and then we will head back home. An ambulance service will get her into the house because we have steps.

This brings me to the next topic on the agenda: we started looking for a ranch. Going to move to a house that will make it easier for her. The current layout we have isn't great. Received $40,000 in quotes to get ramps, lifts, and zero-entry showers. So it is easier just to move.

From the hospital last week, we were almost able to get a new house, but we were bumped by an all-cash offer. Have a real estate agent helping us with a home that isn't currently on the market. We find out next week. No shortage of fun stuff going on.

Anyhow, I wanted to wish everyone well and share the Sullivan life story update. We are blessed with three amazing kids, an awesome extended family, and great friends. We are blessed with the JetNation community. So many of you have checked in along the way, and the thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

I did sneak out of the hospital last week and went to the Texans game. So I was one of the fans cheering for Zach with my son Shane.

Thanks for listening. Thanks for making this community amazing. God Bless you all, and have a Happy Holiday season.

Oh, and go Jets. No tanking; run the table. Make the playoffs, and let's win the Super Bowl!!!

Thoughts and prayers are always with you and Lauren Max. Stay positive and I know you guys will beat this . 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Just wanted to check in a bit early and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Happy Holidays! Is 2024 the year all of our Jets dreams come true?  :)

I haven't been around much the past few weeks. My wife, Lauren, was admitted to the hospital. We live in NJ and she gets her cancer treatments at Memorial Sloan Kettering in Middletown NJ. She was having a lot of trouble walking and fell at home, so they admitted her to the MSK hospital in NYC. Monday will be two weeks that we have been here. They have let me stay as a caregiver.

Long story short, she has very limited mobility in her right leg. Can't stand unassisted and really can't walk right now. They did all updated scans, and the results were good (she has Stage 4 Metastatic breast cancer):

-Brain : This area has been previously treated and came back clean again. No evidence of disease.

-Spine : This area has been previously treated, and they believe the last radiation worked. Small spot, less than 2 cm, that seems to be dying cells and inflammation.

Why can't she walk? They think the spot might be pressing on a nerve. So they kept her here to do pinpoint radiation. The last treatment is Monday, and then we will head back home. An ambulance service will get her into the house because we have steps.

This brings me to the next topic on the agenda: we started looking for a ranch. Going to move to a house that will make it easier for her. The current layout we have isn't great. Received $40,000 in quotes to get ramps, lifts, and zero-entry showers. So it is easier just to move.

From the hospital last week, we were almost able to get a new house, but we were bumped by an all-cash offer. Have a real estate agent helping us with a home that isn't currently on the market. We find out next week. No shortage of fun stuff going on.

Anyhow, I wanted to wish everyone well and share the Sullivan life story update. We are blessed with three amazing kids, an awesome extended family, and great friends. We are blessed with the JetNation community. So many of you have checked in along the way, and the thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

I did sneak out of the hospital last week and went to the Texans game. So I was one of the fans cheering for Zach with my son Shane.

Thanks for listening. Thanks for making this community amazing. God Bless you all, and have a Happy Holiday season.

Oh, and go Jets. No tanking; run the table. Make the playoffs, and let's win the Super Bowl!!!

My thoughts and prayers for you and your wife. It would be nice if our team would give you a few moments of respite, but you know, Jets. I wish I could be optimistic about next year but 50% of the NFL has lost their starting QB this year and a similar number next year, Thinking a 41 year old Rodgers will last the season seems wishful at best. It is why I am clinging to the tiny Zach branch at the edge of a cliff. If the light finally came on maybe we can be successful.

Large corporations buying up single family homes is a scourge, When I was buying my house in Vegas I lost 2 to all cash bids that were not families. Got super lucky to get the house I did.

All my prayers with you.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thank you for the wonderful status. Musta been hard writing that. Be sure to tell your beautiful wife that all of us here are pulling for her and praying that her full recovery will go smoothly. She's very lucky to have you.

You take care of your wife, we'll take care of the Dolphins!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Maxman said:
Just wanted to check in a bit early and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Happy Holidays! Is 2024 the year all of our Jets dreams come true? 

God bless the both of you and Merry Christmas

... Good call on the house ... As you surely know Max you are not alone. All the best .. praying for you guys. 

D

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

You’re a good man Phil. I believe in karma and that will work in your favor. Unless that all cash offer for the house was by @SAR I. When you find a new house. Make sure you have a good JetNation command center. I look forward to tailgating again next year! 

• Haha 1

@Maxman

Phil, I’m glad to hear that Lauren’s scans have all come back negative but on the flip side, so sorry that she’s still having trouble walking. Hopefully this latest treatment will do the trick.

This is Just another bump on the road to recovery.
Please pass on my well-wishes from one fellow cancer fighter to another.

I wish you and your entire family the happiest of holidays.