Does Garrett Wilson want out?

What the future holds = will this team be able to utilize him like he should when it’s time for a new contract? If we’re rolling out trash at qb and have a bottom offense, he’ll likely want out. If the offense is good and he’s getting his stats, he’d likely be interested in an extension. Wilson getting back to back 1k seasons in this offense is impressive. He has top 5 potential, but won’t get there if the offense doesn’t improve.

• Upvote 3

I’m guessing one or more of the star players will try to hold out or miss training camps to try and force a better contract.  Happens to all teams.  But I think the surest way for these guys to test free agency is to continue putting a crap team on the field.  The sad thing is guys like Wilson will have to suffer through another season of saleh.  I really believe there are things that are happening at the jets that really pull saleh off his self constructed throne.  Seems to be an awful lot of my way highway stuff from him.

one of the big problems hitting on 3 first round picks (JJ, GW and SG) and then an early 2 in BH is that it's going to cost ALOT to keep em all.  next draft they gotta hit on the QB - keep the QB cap hit down and hope the talent you already have can carry.

The NY Jets are not committed to winning despite their assertions to the contrary.  It all starts from the ownership.  Garrett Wilson is the best Jets draft pick since Revis. Leave it to this incompetent regime and STUPID owner to create an environment and situation where this gift of a draft pick wants to leave.

F**K this team and F**k woody moron johnson for always meddling and bringing in the wrong people. Idiot.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, heymangold said:

one of the big problems hitting on 3 first round picks (JJ, GW and SG) and then an early 2 in BH is that it's going to cost ALOT to keep em all.  next draft they gotta hit on the QB - keep the QB cap hit down and hope the talent you already have can carry.

If our next GM knows what he’s doing, Breece will be here another two years, three (if we tag him) at the most. You never want to be the team that gives a RB his second contract.

Other than GW and Sauce there’s nobody else on this roster who will want another deal that we can’t replace, so if the two of them are agreeable to a second deal the Jets should be able to do so.

I'd expect any player on a rookie contract to say something similar. They're all looking for the paycheck on the second contract.

He's probably unhappy about the role he's been forced into in Hackett's offense. Maybe moreso than who's throwing him the ball. Just another player, like Sauce, drafted and used in a scheme that doesn't highlight his strengths. GW should be running long routes. Instead, he's getting stuck at 5-10 yards out from the LOS. He is terrible at YAC so he's averaging 3.3 YAC with an average reception length of 10.8 yards. He's not in a position to have those breakout long runs and he's just not built to make plays like a TE. 

He could easily pick up a good contract on another team where he can be used correctly. Doesn't entirely make sense for the Jets to pay him a high WR1 contract for somebody who is putting up numbers more aligned with the middle of the depth chart--due to the scheme.

40 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I think, Rodgers comes back, he has a real QB, he puts up 13, 14 hundred yards.

Sorry.  I agree with the first part.  

But after Rodgers retires, the odds of there being a viable QB replacing him are VERY LOW.  Draft picks will go to other needed pieces, and there will be no money.  So Garrett will be traded for draft picks to a contending team.   Similar to what the Titans did with AJ Brown.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Depends how toxic the fanbase is.

@JustInFudge

I know you're making a joke with that comment but I'm sure players don't love this environment.  It's just a shame the team hasn't won anything in so long because I think the players heard the type of cheering that they'd get if they could ever win, they'd probably love playing here.  Basically what AR8 said about "the fans care so darn much"

42 minutes ago, Paradis said:

why on earth would anyone want to stay here on this god forsaken franchise

because they lift you up everyday and have really cool slogans weekly.

Where else you going to get that?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know you're making a joke with that comment but I'm sure players don't love this environment.  It's just a shame the team hasn't won anything in so long because I think the players heard the type of cheering that they'd get if they could ever win, they'd probably love playing here.  Basically what AR8 said about "the fans care so darn much"

Perhaps Woody should make a statement asking the fanbase to be nicer 

• Haha 3