BREAKING: Bears releasing Jay Cutler, and Jets appear to be his only suitor

SAR I

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Broncos made the playoffs with him last season.  He is young and I think he has upside. Right now I would prefer him to Cutler.

The Broncos did not make the playoffs with him last season.

He's young, but benefited from an elite defense. We should stay away.

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I am the only person on these forums that likes cutler, feels good to be an outlier.  Get on the cutler bandwagon of love and rocket passes folks, get ready to toss out the rose petals at florham park.

Nope - I do....he's as tough as nails and can be my qb anyday of the week. 

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Broncos did not make the playoffs with him last season.

He's young, but benefited from an elite defense. We should stay away.

You are correct it was the Chiefs and the Raiders out of the west. My Bad!

I still wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him. His salary is low and does have growth potential.

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

Cue the Darth Vader "NOOOOOOO" .gif

I'm on the Fire Maccagnan bandwagon if he signs Cutler. There is zero reason or justification for bringing him here. 

Don't worry your wishes will be granted.  Mac is as good as fired next january

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Just say no to Cutler.  He's old, a JAG nowadays, an attitude problem, and the very definition of NOT being a long term solution.

And that is why he is a good fit.  He has Actually played the game at the NFL level, has a big arm, is tough and though people hate him he would be far better than a guy like sieman who is suddenly our 25 year old starter that is also not a long term solution. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I am the only person on these forums that likes cutler, feels good to be an outlier.  Get on the cutler bandwagon of love and rocket passes folks, get ready to toss out the rose petals at florham park.

Cutler is the best value of all the quarterbacks early in free agency.  He is way better than Fitzpatrick.  Signing him for 2 years at $10 million per, buys us more time for QB development, and is an ideal hold the fort.  ALso easy to come off the books if Petty, Hack, or a drafted QB develop.

Wow, it makes me want to become a full time Browns fan.

I work with a Bears fan, who hates Cutler more then anything. This really is terrible. It takes us out the Darnold stakes with 4-5 wins. Sets us back more years. Let's look at rebuilding, not trying to Win two more games. 

If this happens Macc as to go!

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Broncos made the playoffs with him last season.  He is young and I think he has upside. Right now I would prefer him to Cutler.

wtf. When did they make the playoffs last year?

2 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I really want the Richardson for McCarron rumor to come true.

If Cutler is the alternative then I agree. With the moves they have made Cutler makes no sense so I will discount this as bullspit. Then again its the Jets........

more and more im thinking start hackenburg from day one. a full schedule. evaluate fully.

at least by the end of the season well see if we have something and go from there. if not, draft a qb. or draft one this year.

I cant remember a time like this for the jets. there is literally no one to play

I would be absolutely fine with Cutler. What more do we expect this year? Give up a ton of cash or picks to get Cousins? Get a ready to start rookie from the draft? (There aren't any, I don't think.) And who knows if we'll even be there at 6.

Get a bridge QB. Get as many picks as we can.

I agree we'll need to see what we have in Petty and Hack. With Cutler being made out of glass, we likely will.

This is a lost year already. Let's not panic. Let's build a new core.

DC

Archived