I think the Jets squeak out a win Thursday night

Dcronin

Because it's not supposed to happen. It's all set up for the Browns to win, they are favored, which is why I think they won't, yet again.

But one question I have - why the hell didn't the Browns get a new kicker???

Darnold will throw a pick or two, and he'll get sacked by Garrett 2 or 3 times, so...wait a minute, maybe we aren't winning this one.

What are your thoughts on the game?

Browns will make us one dimensional on offense if I had to guess.  I doubt we get much of a push from the line and run the ball well.  So on offense, it falls heavily on Darnold.

On the other side of the ball, Tyrod Taylor knows us well, and has mostly owned us over the years.  So I also don't really love our chances to shut down the Browns offense.  At least not the passing game. 

So if we're going to win, it all comes down to Darnold.  I believe in the kid and like that he's facing tough games like these early.  So he gives us a shot.  But I don't really believe in many other guys on the roster at the moment. 

I like the jets when they are in the underdog role. Less pressure, IMO. But also offers the players a chance to play with a chip on their shoulder. 

The browns are also in an unfamiliar role as favorites, how do they react and respond to that?

Thursday night game which means both teams are a little banged up, and each of them have a short week to scout and devise a game plan.

My gut is telling me that the browns will come away with this one, but I would not be surprised at all if the jets win this game. This will be Sam's 2nd prime time game under his belt, and I look for him to build off his mistakes and continue to improve. The kid has guts, and i'm very excited to see what happens Thursday!

Still a lot to be excited about this season!

7 hours ago, Dcronin said:

They did.  Released Zane Gonzalez, who had a groin injury that they knew about before he miseed 4 kicks.  They signed Greg Joseph who had been with the Dolphins in the preseason.

7 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Because it's not supposed to happen. It's all set up for the Browns to win, they are favored, which is why I think they won't, yet again.

Darnold will throw a pick or two, and he'll get sacked by Garrett 2 or 3 times, so...wait a minute, maybe we aren't winning this one.

What are your thoughts on the game?

76026F76-826E-438C-ACE6-35D493039708.jpeg

34 minutes ago, aagarcia said:

Browns need their first win.  Who better than the loser Jets to give it to them?  You just know it will be SOJ. Don't even watch the game.....

Exactly why we might win. Just enough to get us to believe again and everyone could blame it on the Browns not ever winning so that would take away from a Jets Win. This is the cycle I have noticed with this sour bottle franchise. 

I'm only interested on if we show up. This has been Bowles calling card, show up, no show, show up, no show. 

For a coach that tries to show that he keeps his emotions in check that doesn't mean you have to look like you flatlined with your eyes open. 

Under Bowles the Jets go up & down like waves in the ocean. The problem is we never seem to find something right in the middle with just a solid 60 minute fundementally solid performance. I want to see one game this guy coaches where I say, "wow, I love the way they attacked the pass rush", or "awesome, Buster Skrine is on the bench". I still can't believe we gave up a 3rd & 19 against Ryan Tannyhill & Frank Gore, oh who am I kidding, I've been watching Bowles/Rogers for 3 years, I had no doubt in the back of my mind we were going to f*ck up that opportunity to get the ball back. 

16 minutes ago, Drums said:

I think if we beat the Browns, we will lose to Jacksonville. However, if we lose to the Browns, we will beat Jacksonville. 

If we lose to the Browns and beat Jax, what does that say about this team? honestly I think we may be able to keep the Jax game close if the Defense shows up and is playing well, but I only see us winning if Bortles plays like the "bad bortles", low scoring game lots of turnovers.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So if we're going to win, it all comes down to Darnold.  I believe in the kid and like that he's facing tough games like these early.  So he gives us a shot.  But I don't really believe in many other guys on the roster at the moment. 

Welcome to your 2018 New York Jets, where facing the Cleveland Browns constitutes a "tough game." 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

If we lose to the Browns and beat Jax, what does that say about this team?

That's EXACTLY what will happen in the mind of the long-time Jaded Jets fan. Nothing is surprising with this Franchise and we've been conditioned to not get TOO high and feeling good b/c the Jets will "ground" you quickly. Win games you shouldn't and choke games where they should dominate. Or just utter incompetence and play equivalent to Harakiri.

It's a true roller coaster of emotions that cover the entire spectrum from absolute hatred, fury, & aggravation to SHEER JOY & Ecstasy that - at rare times - can even surpass sexual pleasure or the equivalent thereof. 

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Cleveland is talented but they are also young so a good game plan should help us win this one.  Knowing who are coaches are however we have a problem.  This is a game we have to get ahead early.  Everything plays off of an early lead.

Exactly - a good game plan with the proper plays that counter act their defense. That would help a lot. Also I’m not confident in our coaches. They just seem to do nothing. 

The Browns have the best turnover margin in the league through two games. 

Plus 6

The nearest competitors are the Bengals and Rams at plus 3.

They have played the Steelers and Saints.  Ben... Drew... and a myriad of other very good offensive players.

Tyrod Taylor is a flawed player, but one thing he does not do is turn the ball over. 

Neither team is well coached.   Browns at home on a short week.  Jets have the edge on "moxie."

Browns win 22-20 in an ugly one.

This is the game where we need to take some shots down field.  Cleveland can bring pressure and through two games you can see how the coaches are trying to get quick passes to compensate for the o line's inability to block.  They will play to defend the underneath stuff.  Lets take some shots!!

My gut says that this game is Cleveland to win but if they can keep Taylor from buying extra time with his legs, they can squeek out a victory.

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

the only aspect of this game which favors the Jets is Darnold's "big game" performance. If he can play better than he did on Sunday vs Miami and more along the lines of week 1 or the Rose Bowl they can win.

Every other aspect of this matchup favors Cleveland. 

Lmao week 1 or the rose bowl?

he was solid week 1- I thought he was more impressive week 2

he had an all time great game in the rose bowl 

The two things are not comparable 

Exactly why we might win. Just enough to get us to believe again and everyone could blame it on the Browns not ever winning so that would take away from a Jets Win. This is the cycle I have noticed with this sour bottle franchise. 

lol. This makes entirely too much sense

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived