NFL Live

Mo Lew

So that’s why we didn’t bother to hire a QB coach... 

bowles isn’t just bad... he’s also built the weakest coaching staff in nfl. Hue Jackson stunk but his coaching staff had 2 highly regarded coordinators. Methinks todd didn’t want a potential usurper in-house and because he reports directly to owner, Macc couldn’t force talent on him.

WTF does this even mean? We have a OC that doesnt know how to coach our blue chip rookie QB? Is that what we are hearing now?

I guess its understandable since when last offseason started, no one thought we were going to be drafting a QB, right? Why would we need to hire a OC that would be able to "get through" to a rookie QB. 

This freaking circus ?

26 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Darnold was put into a ridiculously poor situation. It’s amazing that he’s been able to overcome the sh*tty coaching and lack of supporting talent. 

We threw the Jetsiest of Jets at him. Only thing worse at this point would be re-hiring Rex, him insisting we bring back Santinio Holmes as OC, and holding the mini-camp at Ecoli’s Hot Dogs, Meth and Chicken Feet, the diner downstairs from @JiF‘s apartment in Jax.

6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Yea, cause Josina Anderson is so reliable to echo something said through the string & can? The supposed quote needs a lot more context in this Twitter universe.

You post 5,000 word soliloquy’s based on less.

38 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

Just watching and Josina Anderson said that Jeremy Bates has admitted that at times he hasn’t been able to ‘get through’ to Darnold and has had to really lean on Mccown for that???!?!?!?!!?

Great job Jeremy ? 

Maybe if he used X’s and O’s instead of Madden Xbox he’d been more successful.

23 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

WTF does this even mean? We have a OC that doesnt know how to coach our blue chip rookie QB? Is that what we are hearing now?

I guess its understandable since when last offseasons started, no one thought we were going to be drafting a QB, right? Why would we need to hire a OC that would be able to "get through" to a rookie QB. 

This freaking circus ?

Bottom line is we spent 3 #2’s to move up and get Darnold. What did we use to get Bates? An ad in Craigslist?

Here is my read:

Bates has been funneling advice from Bowles as well as his own input to Darnold. If you listen to Darnold in the preseason and early season ALL the advice was what you would expect from a team run by Bowles: "protect the ball at all costs" "throw it away" "take the sack" " agood drive ends in a punt" all that happy ultra conservative defensive head coach BS.

But none of that fits Darnold the player.

What I think has happened is that Darnold has started to find his own way, and that way is being way more aggressive than he is being coached. Darnold is a playmaker and a gunslinger that can get away with it because of amazing feet, and extreme accuracy both from the pocket and on the run.

So I suspect Bates is still preaching the ultra conservative crap, Darnold is all "blah, blah, blah, blah, whatever" and McClown is sort of re-packaging it within the framework of what Darnold naturally is. I suspect for X's and O's Darnold is 100% easy to coach, but for the conservative game manager stuff Darnold is not really listening.

If you look at 2 weeks ago, the coaching staff put Darnold in a position to lose and he succeeded any way- HIS WAY. So not surprised at all Darnold is tuning Bates out.

It also points out that the Head Coach needs to be selected (If Bowles is fired-this could be a prelude to just an OC change) purely to mesh with what Darold is. Which is an Aaron Rodgers/Ben Rapelisburger/Brett Favre type of QB.

That's true in any relationship. Sam is a really young dude and everything is like totally awesome and sweet and amazing 

McCown is like an older brother and can relate to Sam much more 

You guys hyperventilate over every little thing my God 

2 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

Just watching and Josina Anderson said that Jeremy Bates has admitted that at times he hasn’t been able to ‘get through’ to Darnold and has had to really lean on Mccown for that???!?!?!?!!?

Great job Jeremy ? 

Clearly, resigning McCown for $15 million a year to be our #2/QB Coach is a TOP off-season priority, right?

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

We threw the Jetsiest of Jets at him. Only thing worse at this point would be re-hiring Rex, him insisting we bring back Santinio Holmes as OC, and holding the mini-camp at Ecoli’s Hot Dogs, Meth and Chicken Feet, the diner downstairs from @JiF‘s apartment in Jax.

Jetsiest.

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

The poison that Bowles has inflicted on every aspect of this team is incredible. 

Sometimes you find out by giving someone too much responsibility that they are not equipped to handle, you just find out they are not intelligent enough to handle. He wasn't equipped,and it even affected his ability to even improve the defense that was his supposed specialty. 

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Yea, cause Josina Anderson is so reliable to echo something said through the string & can? The supposed quote needs a lot more context in this Twitter universe.

It’s pretty widely known that Anderson is close with Bowles, so it would stand to reason she could easily sidle up to his OC.

5 hours ago, Dinamite said:

I read somewhere that Jeremy Bates was Heimerdinger's suggestion.  

If so, and if Heimerdinger has an increased say in the organization, I can see him pushing for the elder Shanahan as coach and sticking with Bates/Dennison in some offensive capacity.

I know nothing about Heimerdinger, except that tomshane seems to like him

but now if this is true, and they’re blaming trumaine Johnson on him, he needs to go

5 hours ago, jgb said:

So that’s why we didn’t bother to hire a QB coach... 

bowles isn’t just bad... he’s also built the weakest coaching staff in nfl. Hue Jackson stunk but his coaching staff had 2 highly regarded coordinators. Methinks todd didn’t want a potential usurper in-house and because he reports directly to owner, Macc couldn’t force talent on him.

Methinks Todd's just stupid.

12 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Here is my read:

Bates has been funneling advice from Bowles as well as his own input to Darnold. If you listen to Darnold in the preseason and early season ALL the advice was what you would expect from a team run by Bowles: "protect the ball at all costs" "throw it away" "take the sack" " agood drive ends in a punt" all that happy ultra conservative defensive head coach BS.

But none of that fits Darnold the player.

What I think has happened is that Darnold has started to find his own way, and that way is being way more aggressive than he is being coached. Darnold is a playmaker and a gunslinger that can get away with it because of amazing feet, and extreme accuracy both from the pocket and on the run.

So I suspect Bates is still preaching the ultra conservative crap, Darnold is all "blah, blah, blah, blah, whatever" and McClown is sort of re-packaging it within the framework of what Darnold naturally is. I suspect for X's and O's Darnold is 100% easy to coach, but for the conservative game manager stuff Darnold is not really listening.

If you look at 2 weeks ago, the coaching staff put Darnold in a position to lose and he succeeded any way- HIS WAY. So not surprised at all Darnold is tuning Bates out.

It also points out that the Head Coach needs to be selected (If Bowles is fired-this could be a prelude to just an OC change) purely to mesh with what Darold is. Which is an Aaron Rodgers/Ben Rapelisburger/Brett Favre type of QB.

Yes, I've said a few times I think this kid is a Gun slinger. He's a Brett Farve. He's going to always throw picks, buts he's going to throw a lot of TD's to. 

14 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

Great job Jeremy ? 

That's ALL on Bowles. You have a kid who was by all accounts the best football player in his peer group since he was 10. He's been to EVERY QB camp for 10 years, probably 2-3 times every year and been groomed for this. Im certain there is NOTHING Bates can tell this kid he hasn't heard by age 15.  But that is a BOWLES coach.  Bowles is the Woolworths of coaching.

Archived