There. I Said It. New York Jets - 2019 AFC East Division Champions

4 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

How do you become rich by making wise decisions. Buy when it's low, and sell when it's high.   Sar1 is no different he would sell his Jet tickets in a heartbeat , if he was to make a big profit.( than upgrade his car to higher class) 

Dude this hobby money.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

greateight.jpg

I look at this roster, I look at this coaching staff, I look at this front office, and I look at this owner and you know what, I believe that this is the year we take a bold step.  Not next year.  This year.

Call me crazy, but I think the Patriots are there for the taking right now.  And I think that for whatever reason, the Jets as a franchise responds to change better than any organization in the NFL, each time we get a new coach and a new culture it creates a spark and pushes this team beyond its limits.  Experienced head coach, Darnold in Year 2, big-play offense, Bell ripping easy yardage on swing passes, Adams and Mosely killing it on D under Williams' psychotic direction, excellent special teams, and a favorable schedule.

We need to get off to a strong start, 4-1 looks doable leading to a Week 7 showdown at home against the Patriots in a fired-up MetLife Stadium on the highest rated MNF broadcast in decades.  Patriots take a step back, Jets take a step up, we win the Division at 11-5 on tiebreakers, hats and t-shirts for everyone.

SAR I

NO WAY. Many of your estimations I find to be correct. The patsies are there for the taking and the Jets are getting better. I just don't see the Jets being fixed up enough for a "BOLD MOVE" as you say? I can't see the Jets winning many games with the gaping holes they have at CB and Center. This, not to mention deficiencies at Tackle, WR, edge rusher? This team still had a ways to go before they'll be able to beat the Patsies for the division

• Thumb Down 3

Just now, NYJ1 said:

NO WAY. Many of your estimations I find to be correct. The patsies are there for the taking and the Jets are getting better. I just don't see the Jets being fixed up enough for a "BOLD MOVE" as you say? I can't see the Jets winning many games with the gaping holes they have at CB and Center. This, not to mention deficiencies at Tackle, WR, edge rusher? This team still had a ways to go before they'll be able to beat the Patsies for the division

Deficient at some positions most teams don't have everything. Cheer up you might be surprised.

22 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

We're rich, no need to panic.

8 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

How do you become rich by making wise decisions. Buy when it's low, and sell when it's high.   Sar1 is no different he would sell his Jet tickets in a heartbeat , if he was to make a big profit.( than upgrade his car to higher class) 

3 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Dude this hobby money.

I know it’s hard not to, but this thread will not go in that direction. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

greateight.jpg

I look at this roster, I look at this coaching staff, I look at this front office, and I look at this owner and you know what, I believe that this is the year we take a bold step.  Not next year.  This year.

Call me crazy, but I think the Patriots are there for the taking right now.  And I think that for whatever reason, the Jets as a franchise responds to change better than any organization in the NFL, each time we get a new coach and a new culture it creates a spark and pushes this team beyond its limits.  Experienced head coach, Darnold in Year 2, big-play offense, Bell ripping easy yardage on swing passes, Adams and Mosely killing it on D under Williams' psychotic direction, excellent special teams, and a favorable schedule.

We need to get off to a strong start, 4-1 looks doable leading to a Week 7 showdown at home against the Patriots in a fired-up MetLife Stadium on the highest rated MNF broadcast in decades.  Patriots take a step back, Jets take a step up, we win the Division at 11-5 on tiebreakers, hats and t-shirts for everyone.

SAR I

Help me see the 1st 7 games as you see them going...

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Help me see the 1st 7 games as you see them going...

Home Opener - W versus Bills - They will be well prepared for Josh Allen and his running tactics. Contain and win

Browns on Monday night - W - With a rookie HC on Monday night for an away game I see the Jets winning a close game by a field goal

@ Pats - W - Pats suck in September...  great to have them in the beginning of the year for once

@ Eagles - L - Just a better team, of course anything can happen but this is a loss unless something drastic changes

Cowboys - W - Zeke is all they got... With a one dimensional offense and a great run stopping Def... Dak would have to be great to win this game and I don't see that happening

Pats - L - They lose to the Pats here

@ Jags - W - Foles... is not good... Fournette is fat and overrated. Without the Eagles staff Foles will flop.

5-2

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Look at the Patriots schedule.  Look at the Jets taking one of the games.  Pats can lose 5 games quite easily.  They were 11-5 last year against the worst AFCE they have ever been served.

SAR I

I hope you are right.  But I have heard the funeral march played for the Pats dynasty several times in the last few years, then every time they bounce back.  I need to see a season end with them looking up at us before I will believe it.

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Someone looking to sell their season tickets.  Not bad pump up the Jets, and get your price now before its becomes almost impossible to sell later.

Dude, his post is basically how all your posts sound haha

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Why next year?  Why not this year?

If you agree we have an offense that will be able to move the ball and put up a lot of points, a defense that is stout up front, a special teams that will help create positive field position, and a coaching staff that won't run an undisciplined and penalty-laden game, then you also must believe that's enough to overcome our roster shortfalls on OL and CB.

Brady, Wentz, and Roethlisberger are the only fearsome QB's on our schedule.  Take a look.  The other 12 games?  Last years rookie class and a bunch of scrubs.  I count only 2 games against dominant running backs.  I count 1 game against a bloodthirsty defense.  Where we are weak our opponents don't have much to exploit it.  We go in to the majority of games with the superior HC, DC, QB, RB, ST's, and Front 7.

SAR I

Excellent analysis, thanks.

I think Darnold picks right back up where he finished off last year’s final quarter of the season as the Top Rated passer in the NFL over that stretch, and when you think about the obstacles in the way of achieving that it truly was a remarkable achievement...Worst HC in the league hamstringing him into 3rd and Long almost every series with 2 runs into the line that can’t run block, awful OC (is he even in the league this year or doing another 5 year hike?), shaky personnel in many parts of Darnold’s Offense, pure Idiot DC who will never have that job again.  

Now you turn the page to this year.  Offense minded HC who was 11-0 when Ryan Tannehill was healthy, a QB who can’t even throw deep, got 5,000 yards and 50 TDs out of an old and injured Peyton Manning, more continuity between Darnold and his receivers with a nice upgrade with Crowder, Anderson is going 1,000+ yards, 10 TDs.  Massive Upgrade at RB to one of the best in the league, who very importantly will also be able to freeze Defenses pass rush with play action, a tool not even available to Darnold last year.

Darnold was good for generating around 30 points per game end of last year after the “light went on”, that is going to start being the norm for his production, under that, which will rarely happen you’ll say he had an off week.

The Defense finally has a Coach who can “think on his feet” who will make adjustments and not play “not to lose” ie scared. If the Williams kid is able to cave in the middle of the line, like some expect from him, who knows how strong Gregg Williams can make his D overall. Will be night and day better than last year, just by his presence alone.

I think they are definitely a Wild Card team this year.  I’m not going to rehash them being an 8 win team last year with a Rookie QB having to do it all by himself and having no coaches to help him, that’s 8 wins with him also missing 4 games.

So now that you provide detail on the schedule...you just might be on to something, Wild Card might be a conservative estimate...”the Pig is Ripe”.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

The Jets will be better this year, but the offensive line isn't good enough to win the division yet. Unlike our former idiot GM, the GM of the Buffalo Bills made it his mission to fortify the offensive line for his young quarterback. I don't remember how many new offensive linemen they brought in, but it was a lot. Not saying the Bills will be better than the Jets, because I don't think Allen is close to Darnold's level, but they did what we should have done.

2 hours ago, Jetworks said:

You underestimate Mayfield et al, IMO. And while I think the Jets will certainly be in the conversation late in the year, I think winning the division is a bit overly-optimistic. Could it happen? Sure, but the helmet's could've been white, too, had they stayed in the back of Schrödinger's truck. 

Mayfield may be a quality quarterback but he's got a rookie head coach and a murderous schedule, very different situation than the Jets.  Witness:

Steelers
@ Steelers
Ravens
@ Ravens
Titans
Rams
@ 49ers
Seahawks
@ Patriots

Good luck with that, good luck in making all those primadonna WR's happy, Baker.  There's a real chance the Browns open the year 1-5.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

greateight.jpg

SAR I

Welcome to the calling your shot club. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, freestater said:

This season will go the way the o line goes. Having Joe Douglas here is a huge improvement, but as far as this year goes, Were hoping Harrison, Shell improve and Osemele stays healthy. If JD can get a C and T, I'd feel a lot closer to you, Sar. Let's see what the man can do!

The antidote for an average OL is a two-step and throw quick-strike passing game off of designed rollouts, something our QB excels at and our new receiving targets are known for.  I'm taking Bell and Powell in fantasy football, going to kill it.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The Browns have a very good chance of making everyone forget about the Pats this year. A middle aged woman with calloused hands, a shriveled octogenarian wang and $72 will be all anyone remembers. 

We end up with a season to build on and Elizabeth Hurley. 

Not too shabby. 

Not with that schedule.

The winner of the AFC North likely sits at 9-7, no wildcard from that group, hardly world beaters.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I will allow this. 

winnow.jpg

You should.  Because it's not happening next season, not with that schedule.

The window is now.  Let's make it happen now.  Methinks Mr. Johnson sees it this way as well.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Nobody is underestimating Mayfield... He is talking about a rookie hc and a implosive locker room has a better chance of becoming unstable and underperforming. 

Look at the 'dream team' of eagles for reference... 

Put it this way:  While I may be too optimistic having the Jets with double-digit wins this year I know there is no way the Browns get to double-digit wins this year.  Their schedule is brutal.  They're the Mets or the Lakers by Halloween, just watch.

SAR I

Maybe not this year but what matters most is the Jets seemed positioned to be on the upswing at the right time. 

It’s a tough schedule this year 

the cheaters always get a huge break in the schedule in December. 

This year they finish bengals, bills, dolphins here’s the big shock, the final 2 games are home 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

How long does it take to raise a pig for slaughter? The average meat pig weighing 50 lbs. (22 kg) being 7 weeks old will have a weight of 230 lbs. (100 kg) being 20 weeks old. The market weight differs from breed to breed, but most pigs are slaughtered at 250 lbs. being 22-27 weeks old.

We've been fattening him up for fifteen years!

He's ripe and ready for my skewer! 

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

The Pats were 11-5 last year and will be hard pressed to get to 12 with that roster and the Jets (and Bills) turning up the heat.

It's all about our start.  If we can get off the blocks 2-0, and we will certainly be favored to do so, at home against two winnable opponents who theoretically are in the playoff mix we will have huge confidence.  And as the weeks progress we install a deeper playbook and the players grow into their systems.  It's hard not to feel good about this.

SAR I

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not with that schedule.

The winner of the AFC North likely sits at 9-7, no wildcard from that group, hardly world beaters.

SAR I

They just missed the playoffs last year. Steelers fire saled their roster and the Ravens have a running back playing QB. The Browns added more top tier talent in the off season then the next two teams combined. Bunch of lunatics? Yes, but if it gels? They are gonna be tough. Baker Mayfield aka @Villain The Foe baby boy boo is the real deal. 

• Upvote 1