Poll: Now that you have seen them on TV do you like the new uniforms?

Jetsbb

New Uniforms poll  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the new look?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Does anyone like the horizontal shoulder/chest stripe?  That is one of the most amateurish things I've ever seen on a pro football uniform.  

Its an off the shelf Nike template. If they come to their senses it will be tweaked within the next 3 years. The stripe on the shoulders, the pants, and the "New York" across chest are all terrible. You have to wait 5 years before changing uniforms but the league allows tweaks.

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Its an off the shelf Nike template. If they come to their senses it will be tweaked within the next 3 years. The stripe on the shoulders, the pants, and the "New York" across chest are all terrible. You have to wait 5 years before changing uniforms but the league allows tweaks.

I hate the “New York” across the chest. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I was disappointed back in April when the leaked photos of these turned out to be the real thing. I have to be honest, they’re growing on me. My favorite is the white jersey with green pants, but the all white was pretty good tonight.

Im still not crazy about the helmet, especially the logo. To me, it’s just a lazy update, not at all the “bold” new look like we were promised.

I’d have preferred grey instead of black. The green doesn’t pop with the black, and black is kind of a tired look with uniforms by now.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

I personally think they looked terrible. For some reason that lighting bolt streak on the shoulders is really annoying. Their all whites last year looked so much better.

I agree. The Jerseys are terrible though the Helmets are great. The Jersey looks like something you'd see in the Arena Football League. 

I think it’s very simple.  If you are young then you love them. If your old then you hate them. 

I am not sure of the age line but I am thinking around 35.  

I am 49 and I hate the helmet color and I hate the logo.   

Lots of posters saying they can’t wait for the black, well jets colors are not black.  

18 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I think it’s very simple.  If you are young then you love them. If your old then you hate them. 

I am not sure of the age line but I am thinking around 35.  

I am 49 and I hate the helmet color and I hate the logo.   

Lots of posters saying they can’t wait for the black, well jets colors are not black.  

Cleveland's changing their mistake after this season. I think you'll see in 5 years the Jets revamping, especially if the team ever gets good. Hopefully they tweak the striping. The New York across the chest is cringey, but I guess they think that sells.

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I was disappointed back in April when the leaked photos of these turned out to be the real thing. I have to be honest, they’re growing on me. My favorite is the white jersey with green pants, but the all white was pretty good tonight.

Im still not crazy about the helmet, especially the logo. To me, it’s just a lazy update, not at all the “bold” new look like we were promised.

I’d have preferred grey instead of black. The green doesn’t pop with the black, and black is kind of a tired look with uniforms by now.

This. I was also disappointed in April with the revealing of the uniforms. After watching last night, they have grown on me somewhat.  The helmet color, jersey and pants looked better than I expected. I think I like the words "New York" written across the jersey also.  I have an issue with the logo. Such an opportunity lost to truly make a step in the right direction establishing their own identity. I thought a combination of the NY symbol and a jet aircraft would have been a good start. It would have done wonders for establishing their own identity and for marketing, Simply written "JETS" across the helmet with a tiny football looks juvenile. 

• Upvote 1

LOVE them. especially the helmet!  and the color.  the only thing I liked better on the old ones was the jersey.  I liked when we wore white, the sleeves still had a lot of green and vice-versa.  if they could keep the new uniforms, but switch back to old jerseys and pants with the new color green, I think it would be better.  that dark hunter green was just not good.

but as a whole, I do like the new ones better.  never was a fan of the white helmets at all.  I was saying it to my son as we were watching last night:  outside of the Jets 1's just slicing up the giants, the unis were my next favorite part!  Yeah Webb keeps throwing INTs, but hell, he looks great doing it!!  LOL

They were fine.  Not great, not horrible, just fine.  Bland, boring and mostly unnoticeable IMO.

Felt at times like I was watching the early 90's Jets.

My wife a few times said she thought we were watching the Eagles.

Missed opportunity IMO, some of the Fan designs were, again IMO, vastly better and more interesting/bold/fun.

Instead, we got rehashed milktoast, but with that said, it's fine.  Not like we rebranded ourselves the Wizards, lol.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

They were fine.  Not great, not horrible, just fine.  Bland, boring and mostly unnoticeable IMO.

Felt at times like I was watching the early 90's Jets.

My wife a few times said she thought we were watching the Eagles.

Missed opportunity IMO, some of the Fan designs were, again IMO, vastly better and more interesting/bold/fun.

Instead, we got rehashed milktoast, but with that said, it's fine.  Not like we rebranded ourselves the Wizards, lol.

You’re right and when you think about it, bland and boring as they are, are MUCH better than some of the crazy stuff happening in college or even the NFL. 

We could have been the Titans in green. 

I’ll take them over a busy mess of a uni. A little bolder would have been nice but over the top would have been bad.

Hoping they tweak them a bit in the future.

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I think if they dropped the stupid chest/shoulder stripes and went back to the contrasting shoulder patch with opposite colored shoulder numerals like the old unis, the new unis would be a home run. 

Yeah, would like to see a mock up with these colors with the old stripe pattern along with the corny New York dropped from the chest.

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I would have thought it would be right up your alley. If you don't bet on games or play fantasy football aren't you basically just a dude who's way too invested in the colors of other dudes' shirts?

I’m a football fan and a fan of the Jets. 

Betting and FF has nothing to do with my entertainment of football or the Jets. 

Who the players are, how they play, how they conduct themselves, how they interrelate with other players, coaches, fans, what their uniforms look like, what schools they went to, that type of stuff interests and entertains me. 

I’m not a fashion buff but I know what I like.