territory all day

- The returners did nothing as it was fair catches all day

- Kaare Vedvik was awful leaving 4 points on the field with two bad
shanks.  Even if the Jets moved into field goal range on the last drive
who in their right mind thought he would win the game?  Not me

Defense

- Hard to complain about a unit that got four turnvers and scored 8 points
but when the game was on the line they failed

- CJ Mosley's value was clearly seen today as he was all over the field.
With a "pick 6", a fumble recovery, coverage and most importantly being 
a DC on the field.  Once he left with an injury the defense collapsed and
were gashed in both phases   

- There were three turning points in the game, all on the same drive:
  * With five minutes left in the 3rd quarter the Jets had a 16-0 lead and
    BUF failed on a 3rd and 10 play.  But Henry Anderson was called for a "soft"
    roughing the passer penalty which continued the drive
  * After that penalty Mosley hurt himself as he knocked away a TD pass in coverage
  * Finally on that drive Marcus Maye dropped an INT which would have kept the score
    at 16-0 instead allowing BUF to kick a FG

Offense

- What offense?  Other than one drive where they scored their only points they were
inept.  Poor coaching adjustments as BUF continually brought DB pressure from the 
slot and nothing was done to counteract it

- Other than Jamison Crowder and LeVeon Bell having flashes of great individual efforts
none of the other skill players did anything

- The OLine was leaky in both phases and allowed Sam Darnold to be bounced around
all day.  Countless passes were also knocked down at the line

- Sam Darnold wasn't helped with so many poor performances surrounding him but
he also missed throws.  Particularly on the last drive he underthrew then overthrew
Robby Anderson on a couple of bombs which could've bailed the team out

Another frustrating "shampoo, rinse & repeat" loss for this team.  Now what???  A
continuation of the garbage we've seen the last 3 years or a bounce back???

Unfortunately I get the sense more of the Bold... as much as Gase "grew" on me I still see the same issues he had with Miami showing here....

• Upvote 1

BUF failed on a 3rd and 10 play.  But Henry Anderson was called for a "soft"
  * After that penalty Mosley hurt himself as he knocked away a TD pass in coverage
  * Finally on that drive Marcus Maye dropped an INT which would have kept the score

I gotta admit I felt the loss coming at that point. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

What we found out today is that this team just isn't very good. You're looking at a 6 or 7 win team. You can't polish a tur d and the Jets, with the exception of a few players, are a TURD that Mac attempted to polish.

The only turd I saw was Vedvik. This guy stank more than the last turd I laid after taco Tuesday. That said, old habits are hard to break, Bowles ineptness will take a few games to wash off. Atleast until our next victory.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Nobody had any separation when running routes, and the OL was terrible!  After saying all that Darnold was worse, and there is no argument, only one worse then Darnold today was the Refs.

Crowder and Bell had a little separation.  The problem was Anderson and Enunwa were completely handled from A to Z.  Q as usual looked like he tweaked something.  Anderson just takes too long to develop his routes

• Sympathy 1

The Jets snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

When Vedvik missed the FG and rang our total to 4 points left on the field I knew we’d lose by less than 4.

And who expected an Oline that never played together in preseason to suddenly gel against a very good Buffalo Defense and keep Darnold clean all day?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Another frustrating "shampoo, rinse & repeat" loss for this team.  Now what???  A
continuation of the garbage we've seen the last 40 years or a bounce back???

I fixed it for you. 

I doubly fixed it for you

2 hours ago, Larz said:

BUF failed on a 3rd and 10 play.  But Henry Anderson was called for a "soft"
  * Finally on that drive Marcus Maye dropped an INT which would have kept the score

I gotta admit I felt the loss coming at that point. 

Everyone knew it

4 hours ago, KRL said:

Its beyond mind numbing with the way this team continues to give away
wins.  It doesn't matter if the front office, coaching staff or players
change the nonsense repeats.  How do you lose to BUF after forcing FOUR
turnovers???:

Special Teams

- Lachlan Edwards did an excellent job as he pinned BUF deep in their
territory all day

- The returners did nothing as it was fair catches all day

- Kaare Vedvik was awful leaving 4 points on the field with two bad
shanks.  Even if the Jets moved into field goal range on the last drive
who in their right mind thought he would win the game?  Not me

Defense

- Hard to complain about a unit that got four turnvers and scored 8 points
but when the game was on the line they failed

- CJ Mosley's value was clearly seen today as he was all over the field.
With a "pick 6", a fumble recovery, coverage and most importantly being 
a DC on the field.  Once he left with an injury the defense collapsed and
were gashed in both phases   

- There were three turning points in the game, all on the same drive:
  * With five minutes left in the 3rd quarter the Jets had a 16-0 lead and
    BUF failed on a 3rd and 10 play.  But Henry Anderson was called for a "soft"
  * Finally on that drive Marcus Maye dropped an INT which would have kept the score

Offense

- What offense?  Other than one drive where they scored their only points they were
inept.  Poor coaching adjustments as BUF continually brought DB pressure from the 
slot and nothing was done to counteract it

- Other than Jamison Crowder and LeVeon Bell having flashes of great individual efforts
none of the other skill players did anything

- The OLine was leaky in both phases and allowed Sam Darnold to be bounced around
all day.  Countless passes were also knocked down at the line

- Sam Darnold wasn't helped with so many poor performances surrounding him but
he also missed throws.  Particularly on the last drive he underthrew then overthrew
Robby Anderson on a couple of bombs which could've bailed the team out

Another frustrating "shampoo, rinse & repeat" loss for this team.  Now what???  A
continuation of the garbage we've seen the last 3 years or a bounce back???

and jamal was scorched in the run game

The kicker sucked, but most kickers would have trouble when the snap and hold caused him to slow down...

To me, the real culprit was the OL - granted the Bills D is quite good - but no time for Sam to settle down.

I agree that Allen flopped and the hit was 'soft', but it was incredibly stupid - they should have benched Anderson right there - it is one thing to loose the game, but it is quite another to allow that kind of sloppy play to be allowed.

Onviously kicker was worse too

Darnold’s timing today with Robbie on the 4? Passes his direction was very bad

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Agreed.

Darnold first needs a little more time in the pocket on these passes down field, but he also needs to be more accurate as well.

Robbie was open on a handful of occasions for a game breaking play and Darnold either under threw or over threw him.

I'm gonna say it now. We haven't had a legit deep threat since probably Santana Moss (Holmes, Edwards, Coles, etc weren't quite consistent, top tier game breakers on the deep routes) but Robbie has that potential, we just need to get him the ball.

IF we decide not to resign him I'm gonna lose my shlt. It's bad enough we haven't been able to get a game breaking pass rusher in here since Abraham like 15 years ago, and if we let our legit deep threat walk who still has potential to grow I'm going to snap.

Speaking of letting key players walk (or in Abe's case, traded) why the hell did Mac let Myers walk? This joke of a GM finally had a freaking top tier kicker and decides not to resign him due to money I assume, leaving us with this circus of a kicking situation we find ourselves in.

Most games in the NFL are usually decided by 1 possession, and now with extra points no longer a gimme, this idiot decides kickers grow on trees and try's to cheap out on the position. It most definitely will cost us more games as the season progresses as it did today.

Letting Andre Roberts walk due to money was fine. Of course it would of been nice to keep him, being the pro bowl returner he was for us last season and all, but you can't pay everyone and it was reasonable to try to find a cheaper replacement for him. Myers is a different story.

I'm usually a positive, optimistic fan.....but Mac can go F himself. This guy really pisses me off... I can't believe we let him run the draft and FA before finally canning his inept ass.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 2

15 minutes ago, papz187 said:

Agreed.

Darnold first needs a little more time in the pocket on these passes down field, but he also needs to be more accurate as well.

Robbie was open on a handful of occasions for a game breaking play and Darnold either under threw or over threw him.

I'm gonna say it now. We haven't had a legit deep threat since probably Santana Moss (Holmes, Edwards, Coles, etc weren't quite consistent, top tier game breakers on the deep routes) but Robbie has that potential, we just need to get him the ball.

IF we decide not to resign him I'm gonna lose my shlt. It's bad enough we haven't been able to get a game breaking pass rusher in here since Abraham like 15 years ago, and if we let our legit deep threat walk who still has potential to grow I'm going to snap.

Speaking of letting key players walk (or in Abe's case, traded) why the hell did Mac let Myers walk? This joke of a GM finally had a freaking top tier kicker and decides not to resign him due to money I assume, leaving us with this circus of a kicking situation we find ourselves in.

Most games in the NFL are usually decided by 1 possession, and now with extra points no longer a gimme, this idiot decides kickers grow on trees and try's to cheap out on the position. It most definitely will cost us more games as the season progresses as it did today.

Letting Andre Roberts walk due to money was fine. Of course it would of been nice to keep him, being the pro bowl returner he was for us last season and all, but you can't pay everyone and it was reasonable to try to find a cheaper replacement for him. Myers is a different story.

I'm usually a positive, optimistic fan.....but Mac can go F himself. This guy really pisses me off... I can't believe we let him run the draft and FA before finally canning his inept ass.

Myers was a terrible kicker in 2016 and 2017. He didn’t deserve top dollar based on one outlier season. That said, they should have brought in better kickers to replace him.

• Upvote 2

Myers was a terrible kicker in 2016 and 2017. He didn’t deserve top dollar based on one outlier season. That said, they should have brought in better kickers to replace him.
Yes I understand that, similar to Andre Roberts, neither he nor Myers were top tier players at their respected Special Team positions prior to 2018.

I can even see how the front office thought "we did it with Myers, why can't we do it with another random jack ass, mediocre kicker next season too".

With that being said, much to what you already pointed out, when they decided to move on from Myers they HAD TO have a solid plan B in place. Clearly they didnt since the position has been a game of musical chairs since Free Agency.

Such an important position that the prior regime clearly under valued.....it really irritates the hell out of me, especially after watching today's game.

• Upvote 1

Also my beef with letting Myers go without a legit plan B in place isn't hindsight after today's game.

I was talking to my father (the reason I'm a Jets fan, and not a Pats fan, growing up and living 30 minutes North of Boston) about this decision ever since the first preseason game and how the kicker position is unfortunately gonna cost us a couple of games this season.

I can't see them keeping whatever this guys name is after today. Who they'll bring in? Who knows....I just hope the guy is capable of at least making extra points come Monday night.

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Nobody had any separation when running routes, and the OL was terrible!  After saying all that Darnold was worse, and there is no argument, only one worse then Darnold today was the Refs.

Crowder caught what?....13 passes?...he must’ve had some separation 

Robby wa wide open at least 3 bombs. 2 were under thrown so the CB was able to recover and make the PBU and the other Darnold overthrew him