Excluding Jets fans, which NFL team fanbase is most disappointed with their season?

Sarge4Tide

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

If you (Jets fans) expected anything but this you’re an idiot. This was and still is a bad team. Nothing has changed to make it better. As far as the rest of the NFL

Atlanta, Cleveland, Chicago, Dallas, Carolina, Rams, Pittsburgh

Whoa, let's be a little careful here.  The question was about being disappointed.  No Jets fan expected this team to lead the NFL in players on IR, expected the QB to get Mononucleosis, expected to lose in Miami.....or to win vs. Dallas for that matter.  We certainly didn't expect the OLine to be the dumpster fire it's been given that they made some minor additions (Osemele, Kalil, etc.), hired a respected OLine coach in Frank Pollack and hired an offensive-minded HC.

While 3-7 or maybe 4-6 was probably where most of us thought we'd be around now, how we got here has been very disappointing.  The positives right now are the win vs. Dallas and stringing two victories in a row together.  But getting annihilated by Philly, by Cleveland, losing to Miami, a 1-point loss at home to start the year, airplane banners after only 8 weeks with a new HC.....Disappointing with a capital D, my friend.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Bears...........Trubisky was never the answer, cant win on D alone

Rams...........Tough division now Niners are back

Chargers.............Strong finishers

Falcons ............Atlanta Inconsistents

Eagles............should go down to the wire for Division 

Browns.......Good team on paper.....Coaching sux

Browns hands down....got the Jimmies and the Joes.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Whoa, let's be a little careful here.  The question was about being disappointed.  No Jets fan expected this team to lead the NFL in players on IR, expected the QB to get Mononucleosis, expected to lose in Miami.....or to win vs. Dallas for that matter.  We certainly didn't expect the OLine to be the dumpster fire it's been given that they made some minor additions (Osemele, Kalil, etc.), hired a respected OLine coach in Frank Pollack and hired an offensive-minded HC.

While 3-7 or maybe 4-6 was probably where most of us thought we'd be around now, how we got here has been very disappointing.  The positives right now are the win vs. Dallas and stringing two victories in a row together.  But getting annihilated by Philly, by Cleveland, losing to Miami, a 1-point loss at home to start the year, airplane banners after only 8 weeks with a new HC.....Disappointing with a capital D, my friend.

At the start of the year (and before the rash of injuries), I would have guessed that we would be 5-5 through ten games, so I can't pretend 3-7 is THAT disappointing. But you are right, the way we have gotten here is what has been so brutal. 

Ridiculously bad injury luck, a historically bad opening day home loss to the Bills (blowing a 16 point lead in the 3rd quarter while having a +4 turnover differential), and embarrassing losses to Cleveland, NE, and Miami. The interesting thing is, all of this crap happened in the first half of the season. We were 1-7 in the first 8 games - can we somehow go 6-2 over the last 8 games? That would go a long way towards making me feel like we are moving in the right direction. 

• Upvote 1

Bears, Rams, Chargers, Browns would be my list.

Atlanta maybe but I don't remember too many people setting their expectations as high as those other 4 teams.

There's varying degrees of disappointment, but I think I feel the worst for the Bears. They have a awesome defense, what should be a solid run game, they invested in their OL, Robinson is a good WR... But then everything is halted by an inept QB... I think it reminds me of the Jet's Sanchez years..

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

If you (Jets fans) expected anything but this you’re an idiot. This was and still is a bad team. Nothing has changed to make it better. As far as the rest of the NFL

I agree with you, why anyone on this board thought the jets would be above 500, regardless of the reason, was joking themselves. The Jets roster just isn't very good....

That being said

Browns, Rams

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

They suck and more then half the board said the oline was a walking abortion 

58 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Def Bengals.  Never seen a fan base so dejected with even the idea of football.  Probably why so many are crazy about Bearcats basketball or football.  Or Xavier basketball.

Going to that game in a couple weeks got a feeling it will be me and a couple thousand jet fans

Eagles, Bears, Browns, Jags, Chargers. 

If I was a Browns fan I'd be really bummed out b/c of how much promise there was for this season after all the investments they made. 
Now they lose their best defensive player for the season b/c of a dumb hothead mistake and I think a some of them may be losing confidence that Mayfield is the future Franchise QB. 

And there theres the Jags, who acquired a QB who was supposed to take them to the promised land, then he gets hurt, then a rookie emerges who turns out to be really good, the they kind of realize they still can't win games, its tough. 

6 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Even though I predicted in a thread that I started that the Jets would win 7 games, 8 if everyone stayed healthy, I still believe you are overreacting.  Aside from the Jets offensive line, which I said would be the downfall of the Jets this year, I had high hopes for the rest of the roster, and actually thought our defense would be a top 10 overall for the year.  

We could still win 7 games as I predicted, and if that happens, then I would say we are going in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Even though I predicted in a thread that I started that the Jets would win 7 games, 8 if everyone stayed healthy, I still believe you are overreacting.  Aside from the Jets offensive line, which I said would be the downfall of the Jets this year, I had high hopes for the rest of the roster, and actually thought our defense would be a top 10 overall for the year.  

We could still win 7 games as I predicted, and if that happens, then I would say we are going in the right direction.

You have knuckleheads on here who think they are going to make the playoffs

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You have knuckleheads on here who think they are going to make the playoffs

Yes, well we have them as well.  After being a Jets fan for 50 years now, I have learned to temper my enthusiasm, but still give hope that players will surprise me and be better than I had initially hoped.  In any case, we will never go to the playoffs without an offensive line, and I trust that Joe Douglas understands this.

6 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Def Bengals.  Never seen a fan base so dejected with even the idea of football.  Probably why so many are crazy about Bearcats basketball or football.  Or Xavier basketball.

Being a Bengals fan, it's also got to suck realizing you have the cheapest ownership in football, who will do nothing to change things for the better if it costs .5c more to do so. Years of more misery await.

59 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Just thinking about it, i would add the Texans. They've traded away so many picks from the bext few drafts and after the beat down this weekend seem to be more of a middle of the pack team. 

Thats said, i think getting rid of O'Brien would help them immensely 

Texans are maxed out and their window is closing 

Watson isn’t that good.  Watt is done.

1 hour ago, Bungaman said:

Being a Bengals fan, it's also got to suck realizing you have the cheapest ownership in football, who will do nothing to change things for the better if it costs .5c more to do so. Years of more misery await.

So then that really is you in the profile pic, now I understand. :)

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Get eliminated by the ravens in the playoffs then say hi to the 1999 Chicago Bulls style of sh*t seasons 

much as they've done very well over the past two decades (it hurts to say it) past performance is no guarantee of future.  all of these dynasties have gone through many seasons of bad records following a string of successes.  will it happen to the patsies?  i think we'll know pretty soon if the team's success is brady or bellichicken or both.