Jets re-sign Jordan Jenkins

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas making Jenkins walk around Florham Park holding on to his turned-out pocket to show Jenkins who’s the boss and who’s the bitch. Late capitalism is a motherf*cker for these brahs stricken with poor lateral mobility. 

I'm sure Joe was maintaining a safe social distance will doing so.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean he has 15 sacks the last 2 years, he’s not Reggie White but he’s a solid player. 

Sack totals are a generally flawed way of looking at a player. Jenkins is a role player. And average player who does as told. That’s fine.... if it’s cheap.

Good (but not great) starter.  Jenkins is exactly the kind of guy you need out there and who you can trust to do his job well.  He's just not a difference maker, but not everyone needs to be.  He'll be paid for what he does.

Right now we're looking at...

OLB Jenkins - ILB Mosley - ILB Williamson - OLB ?

With backups including Neville Hewitt, James Burgess, Blake Cashman, and (I believe) Luvu, Langi and Bashem correct?

We need to upgrade that one Edge/OLB spot.  I think it comes in the Draft.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Sack totals are a generally flawed way of looking at a player. Jenkins is a role player. And average player who does as told. That’s fine.... if it’s cheap.

Nobody is saying he is great but he has been good for us no doubt about it and especially at a 1 year deal it’s a good move 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He's actually pretty good.  There is no person appreciated less in sports than the solid yet unspectacular starter.

i wonder if i have some weird form of PTSD with regard to Jenk?

He hustles...  IIRC most his sacks are of the coverage variety

I mean, i just have these memories of RBs beating him so easily to the edge and picking up CHUNKS...

i dont dislike him whatsoever...    i just like FAST so much better

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Good (but not great) starter.  Jenkins is exactly the kind of guy you need out there and who you can trust to do his job well.  He's just not a difference maker, but not everyone needs to be.  He'll be paid for what he does.

Right now we're looking at...

OLB Jenkins - ILB Mosley - ILB Williamson - OLB ?

With backups including Neville Hewitt, James Burgess, Blake Cashman, and (I believe) Luvu, Langi and Bashem correct?

We need to upgrade that one Edge/OLB spot.  I think it comes in the Draft.

Josh Uche at the top of Round 3

• Upvote 1