Will you attend games amid pandemic

Will you attend Jet Games amid Pandemic  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend games at Metlife should a season happen?

• YES! I don't miss games, will take my chances
    • Yes. Only if testing is available easily and everyone can be tested
    • Maybe. Let's see where we are at in September
    • No. My health is more important. Will watch on tv.

I'd like to, but i doubt we'll see any football games on the east and west coast. Densely populated areas are more at risk.

If we have a season, it'll be played in empty stadiums, in smaller, less populated cities that allow law-enforcement to control and restrict movement of people while enforcing social distancing

Poll is missing an option, "No, I wouldn't attend games in that ****pile when I can sit at home, watch on a nice big screen where I can pause, rewind, slow down, flip to other games and have the red zone channel going on another screen."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

So much for a JetNation gathering this year....I’ll just wear my “Fire Maccagnan” hat at home.

Was planning on doing two of them this year. For the one game we did last year I put out over $10,000 for the tickets. Can honestly say, I ain't doing that this year lol.  I don't see a lot of people going this year.

For myself right now going would be a no. But what I have learned recently is to take things day by day. On that scale September is a world away. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

For myself right now going would be a no. But what I have learned recently is to take things day by day. On that scale September is a world away. 

Well put.  I'm in the same place.  Today is 'no', but tomorrow never knows.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Was planning on doing two of them this year. For the one game we did last year I put out over $10,000 for the tickets. Can honestly say, I ain't doing that this year lol.  I don't see a lot of people going this year.

It’s way too shaky of a year to do this. Thanks for the past gatherings. Great time and maybe next year!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

The good news is, the NFL will likely protect you from option 1, which could be retitled, "YES! I am a selfish and stupid person."

If allowed to and assuming there is a season, and assuming all distancing guidelines or whatever are followed, why exactly does that make them selfish and stupid? Lol

Not everyone wants to live their life locked up in their house forever. Shocking, I know. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Until there is a vaccine, I cannot see myself attending any sporting event, concert, or anything where there are that many people gathered in one place. Not worth the risk, no matter how small that risk actually is.

The only issue is a vaccine may never arrive. That's not exactly guaranteed. 

I think with those types of events, they'll limit how many people can actually be there and separate the seating.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Maybe not a game but I'm looking forward to the Mod mixer pool party at your house this summer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if games played without fans becomes the new normal, just like the pandemic is allowing the MTA to
stop 24 subway service. MTA has been looking to close subways at night for 40 plus years and they finally have a good reason.
Wonder if it ever comes back

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Nah, even if they do end up playing games with no fans, that'll be a very short-term thing. 

Regarding the MTA, I'm honestly for that longer-term. Trains are often dirty and unclean. 

11 minutes ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if games played without fans becomes the new normal, just like the pandemic is allowing the MTA to
stop 24 subway service. MTA has been looking to close subways at night for 40 plus years and they finally have a good reason.

why on earth would no fans become the new normal? They will lose so much money and the demand to go will still be there...…….no comparision to the MTA at al

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Maybe not a game but I'm looking forward to the Mod mixer pool party at your house this summer. 

True. We have to pick a date for the pool party soon. That @Thor99 can really hold his breath. He is a good swimmer too.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

With all respect, once the health issues are gone there is no way no fans is the new normal.

1 Team:  10 games X $125 x 70,000 people per game X every single team X game day concession costs = Yeah people will be allowed there once they can.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, flgreen said:
How many polls need to be done asking fans if they would be comfortable attending games? Enough already. Leave it alone. Stop scaring people. Let this thing play out, then we will see.

Projections have increased from 60k to 240k in a matter of months. Add to that, states are opening without even meeting the guidelines set forth by the CDC but yea let’s not be scared. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Projections have increased from 60k to 240k in a matter of months. Add to that, states are opening without even meeting the guidelines set forth by the CDC but yea let’s not be scared. 

These idiot southern governors are going to kill us all

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

So the Rams, who just built a stadium, don't want people to come?  

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

You can be scared, we should all be scared to a point. But we can also wait to see how things play out. Maybe things open up, people wear masks, socially distance (at least while indoors) and we don't really see an uptick. 

The reality is that the only way to completely stop this is for everyone to just lock themselves up for a year or more until there is a vaccine. That is just as crazy as those that suggest we should just open everything up with zero limitations. 

We have to come to grips, as horrible as it sounds, with an "acceptable" amount of deaths. A balance between saving lives from corona and saving  lives from poverty and the other collateral damage of a closed society. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

When I was younger, I couldn’t afford to go. Now that I can afford to go, I’m cheap as hell...frugal might be the word. I’ve only been to two games in person. I actually prefer watching the game at home. I like the commentary from the announcers etc and can follow the game better.

This doesn’t seem like the year to break my habits. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You can be scared, we should all be scared to a point. But we can also wait to see how things play out. Maybe things open up, people wear masks, socially distance (at least while indoors) and we don't really see an uptick. 

The reality is that the only way to completely stop this is for everyone to just lock themselves up for a year or more until there is a vaccine. That is just as crazy as those that suggest we should just open everything up with zero limitations. 

We have to come to grips, as horrible as it sounds, with an "acceptable" amount of deaths. A balance between saving lives from corona and saving  lives from poverty and the other collateral damage of a closed society. 

Only problem is what if a vaccine never arrives? 

• Upvote 1