Jamal Adams "Keep it Playa"

25 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Revis never talked.

outside of getting new contracts, we never heard a peep from the guy...

this is next level millenial ******* bullsh*t.

I HATE THE GUY

I mean he is basically gen Z.. but let’s just call everyone who bitches on Twitter a millennial...?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Revis didn’t talk his way off the team. He was a mercenary, not a diva. Revis never sold himself as the leadership guy. Adams actions grossly contradict the pitch he gave us. Selfish, not savvy. I can at least respect how Revis operated. This is actually like a bitch to get traded’ sh*t, like Antonio Brown pulled.

Good call, player.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

My hope...my hope, hope, hope, is that Douglas had both a price tag for keeping Adams and a trade value he wanted to get if he dealt him. If Adams' comment was because of an offer, I hope it means some team met Douglas' trade price and this was his last attempt to keep Adams at his price.

Creative thnking! And I hope you are correct.

I think it's called Cool story bro or something to that effect.

• Haha 1

Why I could never be a GM:  If I were douglas, the price tag for Dallas would be more than for other teams.  On the threshold of prohibitive.  (When of course if Cowboys offer is the best one and meets minimum criteria it should be done)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

He probably made a good offer (5 years $60-70 million) and Adams thinks he’s worth $100+ million

It would be a dumb move for JD to offer him a contract. Any contract. This team has multiple needs in priority positions and it’s not a smart to allocate big money towards a SS. We have to pay Sam soon, we still need a #1 WR, CB, Edge. That’s big bucks in those 4 spots right there. Sit on it until you get the best deal you can live with and pull the trigger before the season  starts. 

37 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He's just trying to infuriate the fans again. 

Bang bang...  shoot my way outa here.   Piss off the Jets fans.. thats how to do it. 

It’s reached the point where it’s both funny how cryptic and childish the tweets are and sad that he doesn’t grasp how weak his position is. 

49 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He's just trying to infuriate the fans again. 

Bang bang...  shoot my way outa here.   Piss off the Jets fans.. thats how to do it. 

Precisely.

Two can play that game; Jamal isn't going anywhere.  He owes us more than we owe him.  We invested in and created an environment for his talent to thrive in.  Time for him to pay us back.  We get him for a few more affordable years.  Then he can do what he wants.  Until then, take away the "C" and make him earn it back or just let him ride the pine until he knows what's what.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

He can talk all he wants, but until he holds out or threatens to hold out every season he is a Jet from here on out, he will not approach Revis level diva status.  Revis held out after his third season and then again two years after that, and then forced his way off the team.  Revis may not have been a leader, but his complete lack of leadership when the team desperately needed him to be one was a crucial character flaw that demonstrated his selfishness and disqualifies him for greatness when compared to other Jets.

If Johnson had twitter, he would have made Adams look like employee of the year.  

Having said that, Adams is a complete a$$hole.  But, there is no reason to make him an offer at this point.  He has nowhere else to go unless the Jets trade him.   He has two years remaining on his contract - 3-4 if you count the ability to tag him.  Add in the total uncertainty created by Covid-19 and it would be insane to give him a contract.  He is making a stink because he has no leverage and is trying to give himself some and because he knows that he may not play this season and may earn nothing  because the season may be cancelled. In addition, he knows that the prospect of no season or a shortened season with no fans means less revenue for the league, which means a lower cap , which means contract values will decline in 2021. He wants that guaranteed money now.  He is vey likely to be worth less and/or there will be less money to pay him if he holds out or if the season is cancelled or shortened or played with no fans.  Bottom line - unless the Jets get a great offer, don't pay him and don't trade him until more is known about the 2020 season.  Don't let him shoot his way out.  Ride out his twitter storm until the season starts and then he is forced to play  and behave or nobody will want him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

He can talk all he wants, but until he holds out or threatens to hold out every season he is a Jet from here on out, he will not approach Revis level diva status.  Revis held out after his third season and then again two years after that, and then forced his way off the team.  Revis may not have been a leader, but his complete lack of leadership when the team desperately needed him to be one was a crucial character flaw that demonstrated his selfishness and disqualifies him for greatness when compared to other Jets.

If Johnson had twitter, he would have made Adams look like employee of the year.  
Having said that, Adams is a complete a$$hole.  But, there is no reason to make him an offer at this point.  He has nowhere else to go unless the Jets trade him.   He has two years remaining on his contract - 3-4 if you count the ability to tag him.  Add in the total uncertainty created by Covid-19 and it would be insane to give him a contract.  He is making a stink because he has no leverage and is trying to give himself some and because he knows that he may not play this season and may earn nothing  because the season may be cancelled. In addition, he knows that the prospect of no season or a shortened season with no fans means less revenue for the league, which means a lower cap , which means contract values will decline in 2021. He wants that guaranteed money now.  He is vey likely to be worth less and/or there will be less money to pay him if he holds out or if the season is cancelled or shortened or played with no fans.  Bottom line - unless the Jets get a great offer, don't pay him and don't trade him until more is known about the 2020 season.  Don't let him shoot his way out.  Ride out his twitter storm until the season starts and then he is forced to play  and behave or nobody will want him.

Revis is the best player the Jets have ever drafted.

Zero chance there is no football season. Absolutely zero.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app