Was the comment about Woody the final straw?

Jamal Adams successfully campaigned his way out of town through his behavior on social media?

Interesting this move happened a few days after the Woody and Gase comments. Would love to hear the back story on how this all went down. You have to think going after the guy who signs your checks is the deal breaker. 

• Thumb Down 3

No Once Jamal started acting like a baby months ago I think JD knew it was over here for him.  However instead of just trading him right away for a lesser return he bided his time until he got what he wanted.  That’s what a good GM does 

• Upvote 3

that is underestimating Joe Douglas.

the final straw was last season.

Joe D was just playing it coy, showing a poker face and negotiating for a higher trade value through the media.

Absolutely genius.

The deal was done months ago--it was just a matter of which team was going to bite.

genius.

• Upvote 1

No because that's not how anything actually works in the real world. This was a professional trade done for professional reasons. We got our asking price and more. A reactionary trade would have gotten a 2nd and a 5th from the cowboys or something stupid.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

I think Jamal knew he was getting traded to the hawks for a couple of weeks and decided to throw one more shot to make sure the hawk deal didn’t get derailed. From the tweets I read from Jamal’s feed, he told other players the trade was in the works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2020 at 3:23 AM, GreekJet said:

Jamal Adams successfully campaigned his way out of town through his behavior on social media?

Interesting this move happened a few days after the Woody and Gase comments. Would love to hear the back story on how this all went down. You have to think going after the guy who signs your checks is the deal breaker. 

I think it was that Seattle was willing to include 2 first rounders that clinched the deal.

• Upvote 1

I don't think so? Douglas was entertaining offers for Jamal long before Jamal started shooting his way out.

Chris Johnson signs the checks

He shlt on the HC and GM.

Shltting on the owner does nothing to anyone, shltting on your HC and GM does

There was no last straw, if a team offered two first and a third plus a starter replacement for a 4th you trade a box safety who does not help you  win who wants money well before you have to give him any.

He could be marcel marceau and he would have got dealt.

I have never heard of a player take down owner, coach, and gm in a week lol!  That said, two firsts, a third and a player jettisons a very good player on a building team. Adams extreme takes on everything and anything didn't help but I don't think it was THE reason, the picks were. Personally when he started making out with anything cowboy I would have moved him. Glad Joe has patience.