Allen >>> Darnold

Obrien2Toon

If Darnold was on the Bills and had all day to throw it they would be a very dangerous team. Allen would stink on the Jets, no question in my mind. Sam has to be super accurate in throwing with less time, people in his face and no separation by his receivers. Allen messes up wide open throws with all the time in the world and to open receivers. I assume you know the difference but just like to bash Sam?

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 3

2 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

If Darnold was on the Bills and had all day to throw it they would be a very dangerous team. Allen would stink on the Jets, no question in my mind. Sam has to be super accurate in throwing with less time, people in his face and no separation by his receivers. Allen messes up wide open throws with all the time in the world. I assume you know the difference but just like to bash Sam?

Ugh... He had plenty of time to throw.  Still missed guys by a mile. 

Allen is better in every way.  He has guts.    Darnold's were spilled by Negan next to the pool table.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The unofficially official rating of the 2018 QB Class:

1.Lamar

2. Allen

3. Baker

4. Darnold

5. Rosen

I don't think that is fair. 

I won't discuss Allen because I am biased but I do think Darnold is better than Baker.

Baker has a top 5 supporting cast and he still looks bad. Darnold would look much better on the Browns roster .

It's understandable for Darnold to struggle, but Baker has no excuses. Baker already got one coached fired.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, pointman said:

Darnold sucks, but so does Allen. I will never praise that goof.

Both are turnover machines.  Each will cause their teams games in big spots with horrendous INTs and fumbles.  Tell me WTF the a-hole OC was thinking by running Allen so much hen they had the game in hand.    Without those dumb fumbles, we're most likely down 35-0 at half.

26 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Both are turnover machines.  Each will cause their teams games in big spots with horrendous INTs and fumbles.  Tell me WTF the a-hole OC was thinking by running Allen so much hen they had the game in hand.    Without those dumb fumbles, we're most likely down 35-0 at half.

He is built like Cam but it seems Allen doesn't know when to go down and it costs him a lot. But Josh looked like a beast quick passes escaped well and was throwing dots 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

If Darnold was on the Bills and had all day to throw it they would be a very dangerous team. Allen would stink on the Jets, no question in my mind. Sam has to be super accurate in throwing with less time, people in his face and no separation by his receivers. Allen messes up wide open throws with all the time in the world and to open receivers. I assume you know the difference but just like to bash Sam?

No darnold was missing by a lot and.  put him on the bills no he doesn't run like allen or escape like allen and idk If he is a better thrower then allen anymore 

• Upvote 1

The edge that Allen has over Darnold is coaching, GM'ing and 70's era facial hair, arms strength, decision making, elusiveness...what did I miss?

For a millisecond, even the Sanchize looked good behind a decent online, and a talented roster.

It's really a question of which of them sucks the least and yes, Josh Allen was very good today despite the fumbles. Something tells me that he might be slightly more challenged this season by other teams in the league.

It's a fun debate while those other youngsters Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson loom like giants over the future of the league.

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

Did you actually ... watch today’s game?

Darnold looked tragically bad today but it's 1 game..  He gets all year and unless he's this bad every game he'll get next year too.  The league is full of QB's who didn't get it until 4 years in or longer and he's only 23.  I suspect in a few weeks this will have been a blip on the radar.  I still have faith.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Excuses excuses excuses