Some positives from today

JohnnyLV

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tell us more.  But slower.

About the french toast and soup.....

CC:  @The Crusher

Dear Bakery Secrets,. I always read stories like this but never thought it would happen to me.  It was a cold, wet morning in New England... A good morning as there was football that day. A football Sunday. Little did I realize how much my life would change forever that day.

My wife, tired and hungry from crazy dreams awakening her all night, wanted something to eat. something quick. something tasty. I knew what I had to do.  I knew right then that I was about to blow her mind and pleasure her body with my homemade breakfast... French toast.

First.. I had to pick out the right bread...  Wonder bread? Nah.. Texas toast? Hmm..   nah.  Challah? Did that last weekend. Brioche? Oh yeah.. that sweet brioche. Perfect for some french toast.  Perfect little squeeze and they perked right back up into position. Oh yes.. this bread right here can take the protein-packed, viscous, egg mixture I was planning on splashing all over it.

Then.. It was time to pick some eggs... I plucked one gently from the package, rolled it between my index and pinky finger, looking for any blemish, any crack, anything to give me a reason to reject it. But no. It was perfect. It was perfect to hold, and to look at. I could only imagine if there was a more perfect egg than this one. It was ready for some action...

To be continued....

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

OK, you guys are smart. Why are Gore and Flacco playing and not Perine (barely) and Mike White? Morgan? What’s the point of slogging on with these old vets? The season’s over. Are they really not “ready”? Put ‘em in. 

We are not smart. We're Jets fans. If we were smart we would root for another team

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Kyle Phillips is definitely a foundation lineman for us. Made several really great plays against the run.

Bryce Huff looks like he could be a really solid NFL player. Improving each week.

Perriman was solid he was wide open a few times and Flacco missed him badly.

John Franklin Meyers also looks like a solid player

Pretty much all I got. Todays game looked like a fourth preseason game

I didn't know Greg Buttle posted here.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lil Bit Special said:

Positives from today:

French toast I made today was delicious.

The Split Pea soup I made today was perfect.

Had sex with wife.

Do we really need to be hearing about your personal life?

I mean telling us you had french toast is going a bit too far on a family board like this

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Lil Bit Special said:

Dear Bakery Secrets,. I always read stories like this but never thought it would happen to me.  It was a cold, wet morning in New England... A good morning as there was football that day. A football Sunday. Little did I realize how much my life would change forever that day.

My wife, tired and hungry from crazy dreams awakening her all night, wanted something to eat. something quick. something tasty. I knew what I had to do.  I knew right then that I was about to blow her mind and pleasure her body with my homemade breakfast... French toast.

First.. I had to pick out the right bread...  Wonder bread? Nah.. Texas toast? Hmm..   nah.  Challah? Did that last weekend. Brioche? Oh yeah.. that sweet brioche. Perfect for some french toast.  Perfect little squeeze and they perked right back up into position. Oh yes.. this bread right here can take the protein-packed, viscous, egg mixture I was planning on splashing all over it.

Then.. It was time to pick some eggs... I plucked one gently from the package, rolled it between my index and pinky finger, looking for any blemish, any crack, anything to give me a reason to reject it. But no. It was perfect. It was perfect to hold, and to look at. I could only imagine if there was a more perfect egg than this one. It was ready for some action...

To be continued....

No need.  Finished.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

OK, you guys are smart. Why are Gore and Flacco playing and not Perine (barely) and Mike White? Morgan? What’s the point of slogging on with these old vets? The season’s over. Are they really not “ready”? Put ‘em in. 

Perine looks f*cking horrible.

Hated the pick then. Hate it even more now. Trash. 

10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'd slow down there. The Pats are missing like half the team. 

Oh, give me a break. They just lost to Denver at home, I don't care who was out, that wouldn't happen in the prior 20 years with Brady at QB. 

15 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Kyle Phillips is definitely a foundation lineman for us. Made several really great plays against the run.

Bryce Huff looks like he could be a really solid NFL player. Improving each week.

Perriman was solid he was wide open a few times and Flacco missed him badly.

John Franklin Meyers also looks like a solid player

Pretty much all I got. Todays game looked like a fourth preseason game

I don’t think Perriman is in their future plans he’s only here on a 1 year deal