1-1-2021: The Official NCAA College Football Game Thread (New Years Day Playoffs special)

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

If Fields is the guy at #2 we have to commit to landing a deep threat WR.  Even if it's a bit of a one-dimensional player, a Desean Jackson type, have to land him.

how about his teammate, chris olave.  or if he somehow falls to the seattle pick, devonta smith.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So here 8scthe thing about Lawrence.  He very well may end up being what everyone thinks 

BUT he was put on a pedestal for beating big bad Bama as a Freshman.  Very impressive no doubt.  And after that, he certainly didn't do anything that would make you think he was anything but very good.  That caused him to become untouchable in lots of opinions, but he clearly is not head and shoulders above Fields.

Generational my ass. Andrew Luck was the only generational quarterback prospect in the 21st century. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Said the below in a game thread a few weeks ago, but didn't get it. Have said it all along - we've rarely had to see Lawrence in pressure situations because his team is just soo good year in and year out. I've been craving this type of situation to see how Lawrence responds. 

Unfortunately, it's exactly as I thought it would be. Not good. In three drives this half, he's had 1 throw of 10+ yards, a fumble, and a drive in which they punted without him attempting a single pass. 

Meanwhile, Fields has more Air Yards on two throws than Lawrence has all game.

I'll say it over and over again: "generational" lolol

Quoting yourself?????