It’s Daboll and Fields

Daboll's probably the best coordinator option, but I think he'd be a tough get even with his choice of QB. I think he'll be the #1 or #2 candidate for most teams.

Who can he get for his staff? His personality seems very passive. I don't see him grabbing a franchise by the bootstraps and dragging them to winning. He's also had a good offense for 1 year. I'm much more comfortable with a guy who's done it twice. I'd have a lot of questions, but at least it wouldn't be a Gase level hire. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'd be fine with Daboll, still prefer campbell.  There are about 4 guys I will be totally fine with and about 4 I would totally hate.

Positive outlook category: Campbell, Daboll, Smith, or Martindale

Worth a shot category but not ideal: Fitzgerald, Day, Brady, Beinnamy, Roman, Colts DC, Mullen

Kill me now: Lewis, Caldwell

• Upvote 1

I would have no problem with Daboll. You can't argue with the success he's had with Josh Allen. And he's got familiarity with the AFC East. He's been with the Jets, Patriots, Dolphins, and Bills. The question is, will Joe Douglas be more interested in someone he has more familiarity with? Like someone from the Eagles or Ravens? We'll see.

When it comes to QB, I'd have no problem taking Fields with the #2 pick. He's been great in College against big time competition and showed me a lot with that performance against Clemson the other night.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fields + Daboll

Fields + Campbell

Fields + Roman

Lots of options at HC I'd be good with.  As long as Fields is the pick at QB, I'm pretty happy.

I agree with you. Fields would be my choice. But would you consider Wilson or is it Fields or bust?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Daboll's probably the best coordinator option, but I think he'd be a tough get even with his choice of QB. I think he'll be the #1 or #2 candidate for most teams.

Who can he get for his staff? His personality seems very passive. I don't see him grabbing a franchise by the bootstraps and dragging them to winning. He's also had a good offense for 1 year. I'm much more comfortable with a guy who's done it twice. I'd have a lot of questions, but at least it wouldn't be a Gase level hire. 

Call me crazy, but I think there is a chance he could be pretty excited for the opportunity to coach Fields. I guess it just depends on what the league thinks of Fields. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

I wrote back in November that Justin Fields would be the best QB from this draft class, and should be our choice (even when we had the #1 pick).

His game translates so much better to the NFL than Trevor Lawrence.  Fields is a true dual threat QB (he’ll run in the 4.4s at the combine), is built like a tank, throws the ball downfield accurately, and is exceptional on third downs.  He consistently throws the ball beyond the sticks and runs for first downs.  He is excellent in the red zone too.  The Clemson offense throws so many bubble screens to Etienne and their receivers and Lawrence does not throw the deep ball as accurately as Fields.  I think Trevor will have a good career, but Fields is the prize.

Next...on to the coaching hire.  I am surprised that so many on this board are advocating for Matt Campbell, Martindale, Bienemy, or ANYONE not named Brian Daboll.  Just like Justin Fields is the guy, Daboll is so clearly THE GUY.  He had the backup QB marching up and down the field today.  His schemes are brilliant, always has receivers running open, and has actually (gasp) developed a raw player in Josh Allen into an MVP candidate.  We weaken the division opponent who is our biggest competition going forward and gain invaluable knowledge about what Buffalo is doing.

Fields and Daboll - get onboard

I'm sold! I just hope I'm not buying swamp land in Florida somewhere. No but this combination would look pretty good going forward. Get er done!

14 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

I wrote back in November that Justin Fields would be the best QB from this draft class, and should be our choice (even when we had the #1 pick).

His game translates so much better to the NFL than Trevor Lawrence.  Fields is a true dual threat QB (he’ll run in the 4.4s at the combine), is built like a tank, throws the ball downfield accurately, and is exceptional on third downs.  He consistently throws the ball beyond the sticks and runs for first downs.  He is excellent in the red zone too.  The Clemson offense throws so many bubble screens to Etienne and their receivers and Lawrence does not throw the deep ball as accurately as Fields.  I think Trevor will have a good career, but Fields is the prize.

Next...on to the coaching hire.  I am surprised that so many on this board are advocating for Matt Campbell, Martindale, Bienemy, or ANYONE not named Brian Daboll.  Just like Justin Fields is the guy, Daboll is so clearly THE GUY.  He had the backup QB marching up and down the field today.  His schemes are brilliant, always has receivers running open, and has actually (gasp) developed a raw player in Josh Allen into an MVP candidate.  We weaken the division opponent who is our biggest competition going forward and gain invaluable knowledge about what Buffalo is doing.

Fields and Daboll - get onboard

Naah. 

It's not the worst plan out there, but it's definately plan B. Roman is a better coach and TLaw is the better Qb  If it ends up this way due to the aspects out of our comtrol, so be it. Again, there are much worst plans. Like taking a DT or S up top. But I would be much more confident in plan A. 

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm a bit off of Roman to be honest.  The other two i like a lot.

Roman has had success with two guys similar to Fields, Daboll 1. Yes Daboll’s success more recent and Ravens offense took a step back but Roman has the bigger sample size. I’d be happy with either, especially linked with Fields.

• Upvote 3