What would you trade for Deshaun Watson?

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

As good as Deshaun is, I think the asking price would be too crippling to really be worth it. If we weren't in position to pick a QB high and didn't have so many roster holes, then maybe, but we had our shot at Watson. I think it's time to move on from that dream.

Agreed. 

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

What does everybody think we’d have to give up after the #2 pick?

Our 2021 second and 2022 first (via Seattle)? Dunno if that would do it, but our number 2 this year is worth a lot (especially if Houston love Fields) and would blow a lot of other offers off the table. 

We'd still have a first this year (Seattle), potentially a second (Darnold) and two thirds. 

Would we be better with 

Fields + all our draft picks + extra $40m in cap space 

or

Watson? 

I can’t seem to justify giving up the farm for Watson. Obviously he’s a great player but it’d be so many assets poured into one guy. Fields could be a serious weapon and could be a quicker way to build this team up 

10 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Alot of yall hate EB. Around league seems highly respected 

Don’t hate him, just highly questionable of him.

Andy Reid is the catalyst behind that KC offense, period.

Off the top of my head, I’d probably have to go back to his Packers days under Holmgren to witness him with my own two eyeballs without a playcall sheet in his hand.

Even whenever you watch Mahomes on the sideline, he has Mike Kafka balls deep in his ear drums, while Bieniemy is nowhere within the frame.

Add on the shady sh*t Bieniemy has been associated with off the field in the past and I think there’s more than enough reason to be skeptical. 

14 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Take Seattle’s 2021 1st out and I’d do it.  That’s basically 4 1st rounders your giving them

Yup. He’s a 25 yr old proven FQB. I’ve never had one of those on my team and I’ve been chearing for this team since he’s been born.

Some of y’all haven’t seen one of those on our team for longer.

Darnold won’t net us a 1st. 3 first for Watson seems right to me. But I know others will disagree. 

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Would we be better with 

Fields + all our draft picks + extra $40m in cap space 

or

Watson? 

I can’t seem to justify giving up the farm for Watson. Obviously he’s a great player but it’d be so many assets poured into one guy. Fields could be a serious weapon and could be a quicker way to build this team up 

Wilson or giving up what it would cost for Watson is a legitimate debate and I might side with Wilson plus the other draft picks. If the choice is Watson or Fields I would give up 10 first rounders just to have a franchise QB like Watson over Geno Fields.

Per Spotrac, Watson has a no trade clause, so if he does not want to come to a rebuilding Jets team, its not gonna happen.  I think MIami is likely a mroe likely destination. 

They have the draft capital and are much closer to winning than we are.

12 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Yup. He’s a 25 yr old proven FQB. I’ve never had one of those on my team and I’ve been chearing for this team since he’s been born.

Some of y’all haven’t seen one of those on our team for longer.

Darnold won’t net us a 1st. 3 first for Watson seems right to me. But I know others will disagree. 

I agree with it all but if the whole point is to build around whatever QB it is of this team, trading 3 1st rounders and taking on that contract isn’t going to accomplish that.

8 minutes ago, theron said:

You trade whatever it takes without the #2 .
Then you trade #2 and basically get all the picks back or even more 

Any trade for Watson would begin with #2 overall.

So we trade for Watson while giving up all of our high picks we’ve garnered over the next two years and we stick him into just as sh*tty, if not sh*ttier, of a situation as Houston while we tie up nearly $40 million a year for the privilege.

Swell...we’re winning 4-8 games a year for the next two seasons...grand...

Screw that. Keep your picks, bring in a competent HC, draft Fields, and add yet another relatively high pick(s) by shipping out Darnold.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

So we trade for Watson while giving up all of our high picks we’ve garnered over the next two years and we stick him into just as sh*tty, if not sh*ttier, of a situation as Houston while we tie up nearly $40 million a year for the privilege.

Swell...we’re winning 4-8 games a year for the next two seasons.

Screw that. Keep your picks, bring in a competent HC, draft Fields, and add yet another relatively high pick(s) by shipping out Darnold.

I agree with you bro. Seems like the sentiment amongst Jets fans is to give up 3 or 4  1st rd picks for him without question. I think we’re better off staying the course for long term success. And honestly, Fields looks like he could be just as good as Watson

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Yup no way Houston doesn’t get the #2 to take a qb back or trade it for more.

The question boils down to. Is Watson better than Fields/Wilson and another 1st rd next year with a Seattle 1st. 

I don’t know. But if you say trade our first this year and Jamal Adam’s for Watson I doing it every time. There’s a chance Fields and Wilson are busts or below average and not On Watson’s level. 

tough choice. If it’s a real possibility I’m glad I’m not Joe Douglas- and honestly if I were I probably talk myself into it. Sign Allen Robinson and Thuney and move on. 

having Watson makes the Jets a desirable team for FA’s and if we don’t screw up the coaching hire we could be in a good spot for 10-12 years 

53AFE433-2D93-49B9-9DBD-E9C33E5910FB.thumb.jpeg.e519a5d8c928fdcb2de57dee47173f72.jpeg

Firstly, let me say that I think it's highly unlikely Watson gets traded. I just don't see it. But I guess never say never. 

If he were truly available? It would be hard to convince me not to trade the 2 1sts. Deshaun is elite and under contract. Problem is that trading our assets for him means sacrificing valuable roster building pieces. But gun to my head, #2 + SEA pick.

However, I don't think Douglas would give up that much. #2 pick carries significant value. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

I agree with you bro. Seems like the sentiment amongst Jets fans is to give up 3 or 4 picks for him without question. I think we’re better off staying the course for long term success. And honestly, Fields looks like he could be just as good as Watson

It’s utter madness what the hell these people pivot to minute by minute, second by second ever since we lost out on Lawrence.

Watson is a legitimate Top 10 QB smack dab in his prime, but there’s no way in hell that a team in this shape should be willing to trade away every major asset they’ve accrued over the next 2-3 years to make that silly ass dream come to fruition.

Let Douglas bring in his own handpicked HC, draft a highly regarded QB 2nd overall, and maintain the metric sh*t ton of flexibility that you have in the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

• The #2 pick for Watson 
  • Trade Darnold to the 49ers/Colts/Rams or wherever for a 3rd round pick this year
  • Hire Saleh as your HC
  • Hire Rich Scangerello as your offensive coordinator.
  • With Watson as your quarterback, we're far more likely to be able to attract quality free agents - especially at receiver. Allen Robinson or Chris Godwin are now an actual possibility 

This could be the best thing to happen to the Jets since the first round of the 2006 NFL draft. 

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:
  • The #2 pick for Watson 
  • Trade Darnold to the 49ers/Colts/Rams or wherever for a 3rd round pick this year
  • Hire Saleh as your HC
  • Hire Rich Scangerello as your offensive coordinator.
  • With Watson as your quarterback, we're far more likely to be able to attract quality free agents - especially at receiver. Allen Robinson or Chris Godwin are now an actual possibility 

This could be the best thing to happen to the Jets since the first round of the 2006 NFL draft. 

Houston is gonna want all 4 of our 1st round picks next 2 years. 

27 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I agree with it all but if the whole point is to build around whatever QB it is of this team, trading 3 1st rounders and taking on that contract isn’t going to accomplish that.

It’s by no means an easy trade to make. It’s just what I would trade that I think gets it done. If he’s available of course.

We’d still have the cap space to get him a WR, TE and an iOL. So our offense would be pretty set since he’d be our QB. Players might actually want to come here to play with him.

Our defense would need work. But it’s not as if we’d be depleted of all our draft capital. We’d be back to close to normal as opposed to the surplus we have now. We’d still have all our picks in 2022. And we still have an early second and a good deal of picks in 2021.

Not easy. But I’m doing that trade. I wouldn’t go beyond that offer though. If we can get him for less, it becomes a no brainer.

10 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Perhaps, but I mean, if he demands a trade, there's only one team that can guarantee them the franchise QB of their choice in this draft .... not named Trevor.

But yea, probably a pipe dream. 

Miami can up Tua and their 2 1st rounders 

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Darnold, both firsts this year, next year’s first.

Texans rumored to be interested in Josh McDaniles with the suggestion he'll bring Gase on board to run the offense.

Darnold would off himself.

• Haha 1