2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

9 hours ago, King P said:

Describing day 1 as "aggressive" ?

I've said it a dozen times, you guys waiting for them to sign Ju-Ju are being delusional. Davis is your big "aggressive" signing to fix the WR position (lol). Try to get used to this now and avoid another meltdown when all top tier WR's sign elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Man woke up this morning saw the thread was really active since I went to bed.  Thinking there was some big news overnight.

Nope, just people trying to get out beloved FA thread locked.

Triggers gonna trigger, my dude.

Anyway, I fully expect some legit players to hit the street today. Part of me is wondering if this lower cap and sudden influx of guys who would not normally be FA is the perfect balancing act to support trading draft assets for Deshaun.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, MichaelScott said:

I've said it a dozen times, you guys waiting for them to sign Ju-Ju are being delusional. Davis is your big "aggressive" signing to fix the WR position (lol). Try to get used to this now and avoid another meltdown when all top tier WR's sign elsewhere. 

With the WR available in this draft, I totally get this.

2 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Being opportunistic could mean anything, including ‘don’t get your hopes up’.  But clearly the market for wrs has cooled a bit, and with the lower cap, and all those wrs drafted last year, the jets could still swoop in.

8 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Very little in the way of cap room and the Patriot connection (Patricia/Judge) makes that less likely. But we'll see

Judge is the Giant coach. Also, sounds like Patricia wasn’t popular in Det. Remember, Stanford told them there was only 1 team he wouldn’t go to.

6 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Hopefully this isn't the same aggression that Saleh is bringing. Because this aggression is decidedly nonaggressive. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, section314 said:

Judge is the Giant coach. Also, sounds like Patricia wasn’t popular in Det. Remember, Stanford told them there was only 1 team he wouldn’t go to.

Yes, exactly. And some of the plugged in NFL reporters are saying that works both ways (not only is Golladay less likely to want to go play for another Belicheck disciple, but that Judge is going to be less likely to want him given the relationships and how it went down in Detroit). 

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

Yes, exactly. And some of the plugged in NFL reporters are saying that works both ways (not only is Golladay less likely to want to go play for another Belicheck disciple, but that Judge is going to be less likely to want him given the relationships and how it went down in Detroit). 

We’ll see.But I see your point.?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:
Thoughts on the Deshaun Watson news:

1) there are competing historical injustices betting evoked here - women's accusations being dismissed out of hand, and women's accusations against Black men being accepted without question. Don't fall into either of those categories

2) If true, this would be VASTLY out of Watson's publicly known character. So what? Pretty sure none of us know him personally, and even if we did, too many people have secrets for that to mean anything beyond "it would be really disappointing if true"

3) None of us have any obligation at all to have an opinion on this, especially not until the details are known. Not one way or the other. If you're leaping to crucify him, what's wrong with you? To absolve him, same deal.

4) NFL teams, in contrast, are going to need to do their due diligence, as is the league. Expect an investigation to be conducted, and expect it to be thorough. The odds that Watson gets traded just dropped significantly, because teams will need to be absolutely certain that he's innocent before offering up premium assets for him, and that'll be hard to do before the NFL draft in a month.

5) and all of that is secondary to the human dimension here. Either a woman was sexually assaulted or another young Black man is having his life torn apart by a false accusation. There's no happy option here, and it's pretty awful to think that the latter is the "better" one

This is the paradox of placing people into categories and boxes...

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Getting under the cap is going to be wave 2 of FA.

I feel like the most under-reported take is how the Patriots mis-played this FA period miserably. Nothing pragmatic about it - almost like they were bidding against themselves all day.

The WR market is likely to prove out with them over-paying middle roster talent. Bourne? Agholor? Without Brady there isn’t some hidden greatness to these guys the rest of the league slept on. 

They are being lauded for the double TE move, but it’s being ignored that they sunk several draft assets into TE last year - so the total cost is absurd.

well, fuçk!ng said, sir.... well said.

Today will be very important and I hope JD was waiting for the tidal wave of cuts for this once in a lifetime free agency opportunity. You can’t legally tamper with players under contract. The low cap will lead to value opportunities unlike any year in history. We demand strategic aggressiveness as fans so he can properly build through the draft and not have to reach.

If he fails at this, that fat sh*thead can go f*ck off!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Today will be very important and I hope JD was waiting for the tidal wave of cuts for this once in a lifetime free agency opportunity. You can’t legally tamper with players under contract. The low cap will lead to value opportunities unlike any year in history. We demand strategic aggressiveness as fans so he can properly build through the draft and not have to reach.

If he fails at this, that fat sh*thead can go f*ck off!

I mentioned this yesterday.

If JD isn't active in the next 48 hours, then I (like the rest of us) have no idea what the plan is.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Sheeesh!....I’d be happy with the .06 million

he’s 32.....great player but that’s extreme 

55 g’d, 30 mill signing bonus. Looks like only an additional 25mill is guaranteed from year 1 and beyond.  Big number but it looks like it’s a 3 year deal with team options for the next 3 years / they can cut him and not have cap issues. 

8 minutes ago, extmenace said:

55 g’d, 30 mill signing bonus. Looks like only an additional 25mill is guaranteed from year 1 and beyond.  Big number but it looks like it’s a 3 year deal with team options for the next 3 years / they can cut him and not have cap issues. 

30M signing bonus means a 12M dead money hit if they cut him in year 4