Schotty to develop Lawrence

mrcoops

This is the kind of hire that makes you go hmm. The good old boy league. 
Shottenheimer would be nothing without Russell Wilson’s magic. 
No different than McDaniel without Brady. 
As a Jet fan, I’m so sick of being without a franchise QB. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Congratulations to Schotty! He was clearly Pete Carroll's fall guy in Seattle. Thank goodness for that good ol' boy John Schneider, because that 2022 Seahawks first round pick we own will be in the top 10. 

Don't pat yourself on the back too much.  The Adams trade is just barely starting to make up for Idzik.  

Russell Wilson and Trevor Lawrence will will have done more for Schotty’s career than the other way around. 

That said, if you look at TL’s game it is predicated on a lot of screen passes, with a scatter of deep shots and designed runs. RW struck me as always being more vertical. 

Probably not a horrible fit tbh. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

A match made by Satan himself.  Enjoy the colossal cluster eff, Jacksonville.   

Schotty was a bad OC.  However, if restricted to QB coaching and development, it is a completely different story.  It's not a bad hire.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

4 yard passes on 3rd and 7 is where the NFL is going? 

QB Coach and OC are completely different jobs.  

I always thought that Schotty should have been the QB coach instead of that horror show from the Ravens, Matt Cavanaugh.  As an OC, however, Schottenheimer was sh*ttenheimer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Maybe they can get Mark Sanchez to help train him too, @SAR I

Mark Sanchez was the second-best quarterback in franchise history, and if not for the Super Bowl defense and ground game that bailed interception-machine Joe Namath out, Mark would be the best,

SAR I 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, Dcat said:

QB Coach and OC are completely different jobs.  

I always thought that Schotty should have been the QB coach instead of that horror show from the Ravens, Matt Cavanaugh.  As an OC, however, Schottenheimer was sh*ttenheimer.

Oh shit, didn’t catch that. So it’s a demotion? Damn. 

Just now, The Crusher said:

Oh sh*t, didn’t catch that. So it’s a demotion? Damn. 

hired by the Jaguars as QB coach and passing game co-ordinator.

Good hire.  As long as he doesn't design the offense and make the play calls, Brian Schottenheimer is a great choice for Trevor.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez was the second-best quarterback in franchise history, and if not for the Super Bowl defense and ground game that bailed interception-machine Joe Namath out, Mark would be the best,

SAR I 

Dude aren’t you still working at home? Go to the fridge and get a God damn snack please. Thanks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Congratulations to Schotty! He was clearly Pete Carroll's fall guy in Seattle. Thank goodness for that good ol' boy John Schneider, because that 2022 Seahawks first round pick we own will be in the top 10. 

He really was Carroll's fall guy.  Carroll is "Teflon Don" in Seattle.  It was Carroll who blew it by forcing the Jamal Adams trade.  Huge mistake for that franchise.

• Upvote 1