It's amazing how little everyone thinks of this team....

NYJ1

I've heard all the crap from the media blowhards. There's no doubting the Jets, as a team, were complete SH*T for about 4 seasons. They had little to ZERO talent for a few seasons there. 

However, I cannot believe how many people think the Jets are still the 2-14 Jets with a new QB? Even Chris Simms who thinks Zach is the greatest thing since sliced bread is predicting the Jets will win less than 5 games. I may end up looking like a fool for saying this (it really all depends on how healthy the Jets can be), but I firmly believe the Jets are a 6 to 8 win team. I think everyone is underestimating the moves JD has made. This team is pretty much very young and new. There's almost nothing similar about last year's roster. There will be growing pains and a lack of chemistry with this team. However, there's no denying that the Jets have added quite a bit of talent to this team. Really, I think the only way the Jets will get any respect right now is when they start knocking off some big teams. I think the Jets are a 7-10 team. What do you think?

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 4

4 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I've heard all the crap from the media blowhards. There's no doubting the Jets, as a team, were complete SH*T for about 4 seasons. They had little to ZERO talent for a few seasons there. 

However, I cannot believe how many people think the Jets are still the 2-14 Jets with a new QB? Even Chris Simms who thinks Zach is the greatest thing since sliced bread is predicting the Jets will win less than 5 games. I may end up looking like a fool for saying this (it really all depends on how healthy the Jets can be), but I firmly believe the Jets are a 6 to 8 win team. I think everyone is underestimating the moves JD has made. This team is pretty much very young and new. There's almost nothing similar about last year's roster. There will be growing pains and a lack of chemistry with this team. However, there's no denying that the Jets have added quite a bit of talent to this team. Really, I think the only way the Jets will get any respect right now is when they start knocking off some big teams. I think the Jets are a 7-10 team. What do you think?

6 wins is def within reach

carolina

denver

atlanta

cinci

houston

jax

tampa in week 17 may be resting same for buffalo week 18

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I share your optimism.  They seem significantly better based on the new coaching staff and the young QB. The truth is, though, you never know until they start playing and then it may take a year or two to prove they’re going in the right direction. Buffalo, Cleveland have reversed their fortunes but it took time while the QBs improved and the rosters improved. Hopefully we’re on the same path. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

6 wins is def within reach

carolina

denver

atlanta

cinci

houston

jax

tampa in week 17 may be resting same for buffalo week 18

I'll be shocked if they beat Carolina and especially Denver on the road. The other 4 are winnable as is the game with the Eagles. I see 4-13 which is an improvement. And I'm happy with that as long as we are competitive and show improvement over the season.

I think we can score points.  I hate to say it but I think the D is going to have trouble stopping the run and it's going to get torched in play action.  I look at SD which got great play not good play from a rookie QB and had a decent not great D and they went 7 and 9 last year including winning their last 4 games.  The win against the Chiefs in the last game of the season the Chiefs really had nothing to play for and started Chad Henne at QB. 

If Zach has a great year and our D doesn't stink I think we can go 7 and 10, 8 and 9.  I think Zach will flash greatness and we will have a bottom 4 defense which won't translate into 7 to 8 wins.  Hope they prove me wrong.  Just don't see this D stopping anyone.  

37 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I love the youth movement long term.  Big cajones on the part of RS to try and coach his way to depth and prosperity.  Errors of youth and inexperience are expected.  If we get six wins = amazing job.

Very young team = mistakes, especially early on.   All the draft capital spent on offense means the defense will be short on talent.

That being said, I agree with what they are doing.   A huge complaint you heard with previous coaches is they never let the young guys play.  Now, play the young guys, draft offense to help your uber young QB.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

We are ridiculously young.

Wilson
AVT
Moore
Carter
Sherwood
Nasirildeen
Echols
Pinnock
Dunn
MC2

All rookes expected to either start or get significant snaps as part of a rotation.  Maybe one or two of the CBs won't see much time, but the other guys are all expected to be on the field a lot.  Rookies make mistakes and mistakes cost teams games.  8 - 10 rookies will see a lot of playing time.  Another 6 - 8 2nd year players on top of that.

6 wins and better in December than September seems about right to me.

• Upvote 3

Ulbrich said this defense is designed for quick pressure and if a QB  gets to the second or third read it makes things tough for the secondary and the Jets lost their best pass rusher and the secondary is trash. All teams have to do is double Q and it’s pitch and catch.    Sure wilson could throw for 40 TDs but that’s not very realistic 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Very young team = mistakes, especially early on.   All the draft capital spent on offense means the defense will be short on talent.

That being said, I agree with what they are doing.   A huge complaint you heard with previous coaches is they never let the young guys play.  Now, play the young guys, draft offense to help your uber young QB.

Agreed.  This is the first full on rebuild / youth movement that I have seen from the Jets.  It will be ugly at times, and may take a bit longer than the quick fixes we have sought in the past. 2022 will be the year to contend for a playoff spot.  What makes me nervous for this season is that we are putting so much on day 3 rookies that there are bound to be mistakes.

• Upvote 3

This year is not about win and losses. It's about growth from the QB and the other 20 1st and 2nd year players. This is a foundational year for the organization. If everything goes right and Wilson plays lights out they'll surprise some people and by surprise I mean win 7 games. People forget that Justin Herbert played out of his mind last year and went 6-9 as the starter. Baby steps. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Lith said:

We are ridiculously young.

Wilson
AVT
Moore
Carter
Sherwood
Nasirildeen
Echols
Pinnock
Dunn
MC2

All rookes expected to either start or get significant snaps as part of a rotation.  Maybe one or two of the CBs won't see much time, but the other guys are all expected to be on the field a lot.  Rookies make mistakes and mistakes cost teams games.  8 - 10 rookies will see a lot of playing time.  Another 6 - 8 2nd year players on top of that.

6 wins and better in December than September seems about right to me.

If this team ends up with more than 6 wins there should be real reason for optimism as it would mean our young guys are performing well....

• Upvote 1

I think we are just being objective.  This is a very young team with a lot of rookies/second year players asked to take big roles.  Secondary still needs to be built(probably next years draft) and losing Lawson was a huge blow.  I think at worst we are a 5 win team and at best. We win 8 games.  This team still needs another strong draft with some added veterans before making that playoff push IMO.  It’s not a negative take just a realistic one 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

We've won 5, 5, 4, 7 and 2 games the past half-decade.

No one is going to give us a prize till we prove something, ON the field.

I think the Jets need to start proving they don't suck.  Starting in week 1.

• Upvote 3

Teams have to earn respect. Until the Jets start playing competitively the assumption will be that they can't.

That said I agree the Jets should be better - Offensively we've upgraded almost everywhere and it may take time to gel but that should be a much better unit. 

Defensively it will be tough but we're not significantly worse than last year. I think Gregg Williams probably overachieved with this group of players and I'd want Saleh to be doing the same. Lawson is a massive loss but it's no excuse for this being a bottom 2-3 group in the NFL. 

Definitely expecting more this year. It's year 2 of a rebuild so there must be progress. If we're getting blown out more often than not then questions need to be asked about what we're doing. Wilson can save everyone by looking great but I can't see a scenario where he plays well without the team improving significantly. 

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

The way I look at this Jets team, we are essentially  the equivalent  of an expansion team. Lots of young players, new CS, pretty much new FO, a few vets sprinkled in with some middle of the road FA. If you expect an 8 win season, I personally  think that is way over the top. So many things will have to fall into place for the Jets and when was the last time that happened. I think 4 or 5 wins is what we will see, maybe 6. Just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

9 wins and we miss the WC.  The bills are the only team in our division that is good.  We have a shot. 

• Haha 1

I don't like listening to these analysts, because most are wrong with there predictions. IMO, don't sleep on the Jets!!!! Yes they are a young team with a rookie QB at the helm and a rookie coach to lead them. But this team will open eyes during the season, I am not saying they are playoff bound. I believe they will win 7 or 8 games during the season. 

This Jets team will push teams harder because they will take this team lightly. The Jets coach will be pushing the button for the Jets to keep going no matter what!!!

The Jets are not a finished product and they are young!!!! That is something positive to think about during the season. The Jets still need to address the Edge rusher they have been missing for years; build the other side of the Oline; the search for CB continues; TE is a big need for Wilson's growth; and lastly a MLB that can lead the defense.