***OFFICIAL JETS VS TEXANS GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

19 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Taking pictures on the beach with your flip phone?

Lol, no. I’m referencing a thread from a few years ago where jif posted video of himself surfing what looked like two feet of water in a white tee shirt.

If you can find it, you’ll get a good laugh. There were a lot of funny remarks back and forth.

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Douglas being a  scout and not a GM fell in love with Wilson as a great find rather than playing the chalk and taking Jones. Adams over Watson/Mahomes II, all over again. 

Maccagnan passed on the entire QB draft class for a QB in the following year. This is well documented. Please drop that narrative 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, CSNY said:

By no means is this a must win game but it is an important game for the overall morale of the team. It’s now game 11 the rookies have gained experience the o line has had time to gel so we should see marked improvement in the last 7 games and injuries happen to every team and can’t be used as a crutch or excuse for terrible play ESPECIALLY THE D LINE THEY SHOULD HAVE NO EXCUSE AS THRY ARE THE VETERAN LEADERS OF THE TEAM AND WERE HEAVILY RELIED UPON TO PROVIDE SAID LEADERSHIP If improvements are not blatantly visible over the course of the final games the season will be an even bigger disappointment as I and some other of us fans were very optimistic going in to the season  

So in keeping with my optimistic view JETS 31                                                             TEXANS 17 

Zach has an average game manager type performance which I think all of us would be good with     

Zach need to look good today. The offense looked a lot better when he was out the last 4 games.

If he sh*ts the bed, there will be a lot of eye rolling from his teammates. These guys want to win, they’re not into coddling a young teammate who isn’t helping them do that.

1 hour ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Sand bag much Bro if you’re a 12 84 on a tough course is as good as you can shoot! 

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Yep.

A 12 cap doesn’t mean you should shoot 12 over, it’s what your potential best score would be. A 12 playing a tough course in tournament condition from the proper tees would shoot around 87-88.

I hover between a 13 and 14, but most of my rounds are played in either tournaments, leagues or money games. 
in those settings I’ll beat 80% of the “12’s” I face. More guys have vanity handicaps than sandbag. They hit mulligans, pick up putts inside 3 feet, don’t follow rules as far for penalties….

Take that all into consideration, and @JiFapono had a great round yesterday.

BTW Jets 27 Texans 17 Zach 280 2 tds

Haha not sand bagging!  I said I was hitting it great, I just couldn’t putt.  No birdies but also only had 1 double.  I was fantastic tee to green and the few putts I did make were up and downs, so it was just one of those days I managed well but couldn’t take advantage of anything.  My best score there is an 80 and that was a lights out day with 3 birdies, so very happy with and 84.  Great score there for sure! 

And I play straight up.  Roll them in the fairways but no mulligans or cheating the rules and I’m pretty honest with my putting, I will putt it out for par or better and only take some I’m given but if I feel it’s generous, I will putt it out.  I don’t mind shooting bad, you’re only doing yourself a disservice in the long run and I play with single digits guys so I will take the strokes.  Lol 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

True but he draws coverage, least Zach won’t feel he has to get the ball to Davis on every play. You don’t think Houston is going to blanket Moore and stack the box since no Carter.

They're going to blanket Moore regardless. At least Keelan Cole can hold on to the ball. 

• Upvote 1

Love to be at this game today. Our daughter lives in Houston planning to visit her but not in the cards for us to travel now. I actually have to work today so follow it on Gamecast when I can which really isn’t that bad. It’s slower but when you see that play in text it has an impact it’s cool. 

Love to be at this game today. Our daughter lives in Houston planning to visit her but not in the cards for us to travel now. I actually have to work today so follow it on Gamecast when I can which really isn’t that bad. It’s slower but when you see that play in text it has an impact it’s cool. 

I am here. In Houston with my son. Looking forward to this one in a strange way.

Two really bad teams. We are not good enough for me to expect a win. But they are not good enough that I expect a loss. Should be a competitive game between two bad but evenly matched teams. Battle of the Titan Killers.

24-20. We pull it out because neither team is good enough to win two straight.
  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Zach need to look good today. The offense looked a lot better when he was out the last 4 games.

If he sh*ts the bed, there will be a lot of eye rolling from his teammates. These guys want to win, they’re not into coddling a young teammate who isn’t helping them do that.

You spoke to the team?