Report: Jets Could Pursue Jarvis Landry After Browns Trade For Amari Cooper

Bronx

29 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think we will be in on every WR rumor. No way do we trade for Landry on that contract and rumor is he has no interest in the Jets.

i hate to tell everyone this but nobody has any interest in the Jets. 

• Upvote 4

Jarvis Landry is old, injury prone and simply not as good as amari cooper.  Already I’m deeming this off-season a failure.  We heard the last few weeks how JD was READY TO STRIKE! And look, he didn’t.  I’m ready for more middling FAs, a draft of a safety and CB in the first, and more concerted safeties in the later rounds.

F**k this team.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, WestCoastOffensive said:

UT what is your quick take; if we did pick him up? Too many smurfs?

He’s a slot receiver who is past his prime.

He’s also caused his fair share of headaches over the years.

It baffles me how some wanted dick to do with Cooper, but would even fathom a trade for a guy like Landry.

At this point, barring some unforeseen trade for a dude like Metcalf, you might as well just take Gardner at #4 and Garrett Wilson at #10 if he’s there (let us pray). Then take a Boye Mafe, Cameron Thomas or Ebeketie at #35 and hope that he becomes a reliable EDGE opposite Lawson, who is a major question mark himself.

• Upvote 3

I watch more Browns football than anyone here. I’m a big Mayfield fan, as some of you know.?

1. The Browns are trying very hard to work a trade for DeShaun Watson. The Cooper trade is related to that. With Watson, Stefanski woul$ have to change from his run first approach to offense. If they pull it off, look for Baker to go to the Bucs.

2. the ghost of Jarvis Landry not wanting to come here is a blessing, not a curse. He’s washed up.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

i hate to tell everyone this but nobody has any interest in the Jets. 

This is exactly my reasoning on why we should have been in on Cooper even if only for a season. Draft your long term answer but give Zach a rock solid target immediately.

I don't know if we'll be able to attract enough good FAs to use all our cap space.

6 hours ago, Untouchable said:

This dick and Connor Hughes know as much about the Jets FA plans as you or me.

We have the worst beat writers, bar none.

Tony Pauline is the closest thing to a savant with this team yet the fans sh*t on him. Go figure.

When you used to have Creepy Manish for a decade every thing is an upgrade.

Still these guys are just yes men for the Jets, getting their perks for for towing the line.

Look at Landry vs Crowder the last 3 years and no one should be clamoring for Landry.  He’s produced just slightly better than Crowder over the last 3 seasons.  People get attached to names.  Landry doesn’t make this team much better at WR than they already were.