Which of these 12 combinations at #4 & #10 do you like?

4 - 10 Combo?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 12 4/10 scenarios would you be happy with? (Please select all that apply)

• #4 - Evan Neal (OT Alabama) #10 - Ahmad Gardner (CB Cincinnati)
    • #4 - Evan Neal (OT Alabama) #10 - Garrett Wilson (WR Ohio State)
    • #4 - Evan Neal (OT Alabama) #10 - Jermaine Johnson (Edge Florida State)
    • #4 - Evan Neal (OT Alabama) #10 - Devin Lloyd (LB Utah State)
    • #4 - Ahmad Gardner (CB Cincinnati) #10 - Garrett Wilson (WR Ohio State)
    • #4 - Ahmad Gardner (CB Cincinnati) #10 - Charles Cross (OT Mississippi State)
    • #4 - Travon Walker (Edge Georgia) #10 - Ahmad Gardner (CB Cincinnati)
    • #4 - Travon Walker (Edge Georgia) #10 - Garrett Wilson (WR Ohio State)
    • #4 - Travon Walker (Edge Georgia) #10 - Charles Cross (OT Mississippi State)
    • #4 - Kyle Hamilton (DB Notre Dame) #10 - Garrett Wilson (WR Ohio State)
    • #4 - Kyle Hamilton (DB Notre Dame) #10 - Jermaine Johnson (Edge Florida State)
    • #4 - Kyle Hamilton (DB Notre Dame) #10 - Charles Cross (OT Mississippi State)

I wont really hate the tackles but they would mean we’d given up entirely on Becton which is obviously bad.

I don’t want Hamilton at all anywhere.

I just don’t want a CB that early. I’m concerned though by the reports that we’re really not as high on Bryce Hall as some of the fans and that they seen him as more of a #3. 

I want pass rusher/reciever with my preference being Thibodeaux/Wilson. I also wouldn’t be too shocked or disappointed if we go for Devonte Wyatt or Jordan Davis at #10. More likely Davis who fills more of a need.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I wont really hate the tackles but they would mean we’d given up entirely on Becton which is obviously bad.

I don’t want Hamilton at all anywhere.

I just don’t want a CB that early. I’m concerned though by the reports that we’re really not as high on Bryce Hall as some of the fans and that they seen him as more of a #3. 

I want pass rusher/reciever with my preference being Thibodeaux/Wilson. I also wouldn’t be too shocked or disappointed if we go for Devonte Wyatt or Jordan Davis at #10. More likely Davis who fills more of a need.

The problem is how it displays: most won’t realize you can scroll down within that box. So it looks like the only options are variations at #10 after locking into Neal at #4. 

• Upvote 3

Giving the current state of our team, I’m not a fan of taking Hamilton. FS seems like a luxury pick and Hamilton’s 40 time was not good enough. I’m curious to see his 40 time at his pro day as it looked like he underperformed (his technique looked off). Also curious what his nextgen stats are and if they tell a different story about his speed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

If the Jets think they need to use another first round pick on an OL, that’s pretty much worst case scenario. To spend back to back 1s and still need 1st round help? Absurd.

if they are weary with Becton, draft a RT in the 3rd to give him competition.. and we need the depth anyway. But not top 10.
Edge and WR. Big play guys on both sides of the ball at two positions where we need help. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The problem is how it displays: most (like you) won’t realize you can scroll down within that box. So it looks like the only options are variations at #10 after locking into Neal at #4. 

I did see them though. It's why I mentioned Hamilton and CB next lol. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Listed above are 12 plausible combinations of draft picks the Jets could make with picks #4 and #10.  Please select all the combination you would be happy with.

None. I hate all options at 4 really. And the Jets need to focus on Zach early.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I think I'd be happy with most combinations of edge (KT, JJ, Walker) WR (London or Wilson) or Sauce.

Not thrilled with most combinations that include OL or S.

We are on the same page. 

Our two biggest needs are edge and WR. 

Spending a top pick on OL seems crazy to me right now - OL is arguably the biggest strength of the team. I guess we need a free safety, but taking a safety in the top 10 is generally crazy, IMO

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Walker and Wilson is easily my preferred combo

Though I can’t fault anyone for voting Walker/Gardner. I just don’t see any way Gardner makes it to #10 after the combine.

That's my hope too.  Some speculation that Walker could go in the first 3 picks, and Wilson might not make it past Atlanta at 8.

But, if both guys are there for us, that would be my preferred 1st round haul.

• Upvote 1

Jets biggest needs are obvious - receiver and defensive end. Secondary needs are CB, LB, OT and maybe safety. So it’s easy KT at 4 and Garrett Wilson at 10. Takes care of our biggest needs then they can concentrate on our secondary needs from the second round on. 

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

We are on the same page. 

Our two biggest needs are edge and WR. 

Spending a top pick on OL seems crazy to me right now - OL is arguably the biggest strength of the team. I guess we need a free safety, but taking a safety in the top 10 is generally crazy, IMO

The reasoning is that if Becton does not come back strong we go into 2023 with basically nothing at tackle. And even if he does we will still need to sign a LT next year whether that be Fant or another. So taking OT does make a lot of sense even though we should be OK this year barring injury

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I wank Ickey and Sauce.

Been saying since the end of the college season that those are the two best players in the daft.  # 1 and # 2 on my big board.

Sadly for the Jets, Ickey will be gone by # 4.  All the GM's know Ickey is the quality of the draft.  Jags probably gone to take him first over all.  If not, Texans going to take him at 3.

So... The Jets will have to settle for Evan Neal at 4 and HOPE Sauce sticks around until ten.

BUT.... If JD sees what I see, don't be surprised if Sauce is the pick at #4 if Ickey is already gone. 

• Upvote 1

I want Ekwonu if he is there (no matter what) (which he will not be).  Baring that I'll take DE/DE unless Gardner is there at 10 in which case I'd take DE/CB.  

The rest of the 2nd and 3rd rounds can go to offense.  Somewhere along the line we'll need DT & LB as well.  I'm also looking at 53 cut down day to backfill.  I'm optimistic.     

OTHER...

I mean, there are some I'd be fine with but, for ME, I want the Jets to get the top pass rusher on their board and then go after Lloyd. I've been a fan of Thib. Seems like there are a ton of detractors. Maybe he is not a Saleh guy. If the rumors are true and Walker is the goods, give me Walker at 4. 

Walker, Lloyd. 

Lloyd would fill a need and would step in as starter right away, playing alongside Mosley. He is a top tier talent with elite instincts, great size, great leadership and top level production in college. He is a great fit. He would also be an eventual replacement for Mosley who is all but certain to get let go after this year. His only downside is that he is not an elite athlete. However, when compared to premier NFL LBs like Fred Warner and Darius Leonard he matches up well in 40 time, size, strength etc. His RAS score is actually not bad for what its worth.